Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Soris Ice Goldwing
silentmonkey3
swordiris
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
billy_bayonet
chaz0612
shadowzninjaz
WhiteFatalisLegacy3
JamieJae
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Icegodzilla
Latitoast
Halicarnassis
DarkMoon Kaiser
HereticForLife
Encore
zwanzig-tausend
22 posters

Messengers of Velka Reign

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka Reign - Page 12 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka Reign

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:14 am

Welcome Jans!  Let me know if you need anything (main: HughGJohnson mule: Velkas_Vengeance)... not only do I have the mule, but a few toons on my main have double stacks of 99 or 999 of just about any remotely useful item.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:40 pm

Jansports wrote:Not a bad idea. But Sif's dead, and township is a crapshoot (I guess I could try the kiln but I haven't done anything there in so long

Do Anor Londo. Nice hotspots for DMs use orb and ring at same time.

Also get many hits in the Archives for some reason
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:08 pm

I might take you up on the Hugh, Mostly the fact that I did the math and will need somewhere in the range of 13slabs between weapons and armor I plan to use, and I only plan to go to NG++ (9 slabs garunteed need to get lucky for the rest)

Had a really good run on Township at SL80. Constant summons, great soul income, frequent darkwraith interuptions. Tons of fun loads of souls. I'm pretty stocked up on arrows/grass and after I get one more white slab off pinwheels I'll be ready to move on and finish getting as many copies of spells as I think I might ever need.

The SL100 is super close to finished, and the 125 is still pretty far but it wont take as long I think (the 100 build uses divine/occult weapons so NG+ bosses take time, while the 125 shreds things down with it's dex + dmb)
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Well I feel like invading again. No where in particular so I might invade random places around the game.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:06 am

Tomorrow i go over to my friends house to download my old data onto my new xbox and then i will be back in business. All I gotta do is remake all my old builds and ill be set to kick some ***.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:36 am

Paragon wrote:Tomorrow i go over to my friends house to download my old data onto my new xbox and then i will be back in business. All I gotta do is remake all my old builds and ill be set to kick some ***.

First this now Paragon too... on top of E3!  You poor Xboxers! :razz:
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:00 am

LMFAO

totally forgot about billeh getting his xbox. Well played Hugh that certainly made me lawl

Truth be told I actually started out on xbox but i loved DkS so much i bought a used copy for my ps3
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:13 am

big grin I remember, but now you've got both!!! nail biting
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:44 am

The Painting tonight can best be described as hectic and mixed. I really can't sum it up well as it was a shifting PvP area. The host were more like questers and okay to "why should I bother" The invaders were...eh good but not a challenge and one healed but died hard 5 sec after. Have a giantdad with a chaos zwei to pop even my 73 poise 115 to death. I fought him last night with my 223 so I knew this was impossible with my 115. Think he got bored and changed gear after a bit just so I could fight with some fair ground. Overall it was a mix night.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:11 am

It's almost two hours since my last invasion.  I'm going through major ear withdrawl.  That sounds like the final journal entry of someone stranded on a deserted island. :razz:  This toon only has 40 ears!  I've been leaving them on the ground on the two builds I've been using most of the weak. big grin  The lack of invasions lately has been kinda depressing, although on a Monday night/Tuesday morning I suppose I shouldn't expect much.  But ever since that stupid flicker glitch the inavsions have been slower on PS3.   *Sigh* Darks Souls II doesn't come out for another 9 months and the PS4 will be out in November, I don't think it's going to get much better sadly. sad

Just as I was typing I heard the invasion noise (usually I see the notice, but I opened the PS3 menu to check the time of my last invasion doh  ) ... disconnected from master of world... angry

WOW!! Ok, I finally got an invasion to 'stick' 1:58 after my last one.  I spawned in Dark AL by the moving staircase (in the middle possition), there's a 'dark spirit so-and-so invaded' message, but no blue around.  It must mean it's a red and I assumed he and the host were in the main building, because a red would have spawned outside as well if the host were still outside.  Then I see a summoning phantom message -- I hesitated worried about a Gwyndolin boss run, but I figured he must be summoning a random at the bonfire.  He's nowhere to be found at the bonfire, I come back out and the red is coming down the stairs from the boss room.  He wanted some  and he got some -- not all though.  I was a hit or two away from offing this clown when the Gwyndolin cuscene triggered with my sword mid-swing.  Again it was my toon in Darkmoon Blue walking into Gwyn's tomb!  My first thought is 'Yes I'm going to get to kill this red!'  But, after the cut scene ended I end up in Gwyn's tomb with the view the host would have, but no character.  There was a chunk of HP missing from Gwyndolin already, too.  Fortunately after a second I loaded outta there -- of course I might have missed another cheap ear.

So, the glitch is the glitch -- but I'm upset I let the host off the hook.  Apparently the host warped to the Darkmoon tomb, then the red invaded and spawned outside the giant door.  He immediately went inside and searched the boss room and I invaded right after he did and failed to realize that my summon location was more reliable since it was more recent.  I'm normally pretty good at reading stuff like that.  I invaded a guy who I knew had summoned a phantom in the Darkmoon tomb bonfire room try to draw me in to get BSed by the (hiding) white.  When I wouldn't go for it, he made a show of going towards the fog.  I didn't try to stop him because I knew he wouldn't go through.  I totally called his bluff and killed them both very quickly when they finally came out to fight. Messengers of Velka Reign - Page 12 Bloodtrail
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:10 am

Strictly on the business front: a while back I tried to get the fencing event on the Playstation Events Calendar.  I sent Fex a PM and made a post here but haven't heard anything and it's not on the Calendar.  Maybe if a few of us were to inquire further in the thread... big grin
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:24 pm

NG+ Artorias takes a good long while to whittle down with a divine weapon, his high magic defense and the split damage make it a troublesome fight for my sl100. I can almost safely get GLS off after the lunge. I think I may need to suck it up and level a pyro flame just for situations like this.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Strictly on the business front: a while back I tried to get the fencing event on the Playstation Events Calendar.  I sent Fex a PM and made a post here but haven't heard anything and it's not on the Calendar.  Maybe if a few of us were to inquire further in the thread... big grin

Let me re-check, as well. I had to post and PM Fex a little while back for same reason. Got ya covered Hugh. big grin

Edit: Forum "Calender" (top of Index page) is also devoid of all events. PM'd Fex about both.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks Ahhotep! I guess because we don't have enough people in the event yet. I wish I could help that but I am xbox.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:33 pm

I was in the Township trying to get invasions, In 1 hour I only got 2 invasions. 

Is it just me or is traffic low today? I'm even counting the times I got invaded as well, this was at noon btw.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Maybe your connection is having a rough day, or your level just isn't high enough.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:
    Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Strictly on the business front: a while back I tried to get the fencing event on the Playstation Events Calendar.  I sent Fex a PM and made a post here but haven't heard anything and it's not on the Calendar.  Maybe if a few of us were to inquire further in the thread... big grin

Let me re-check, as well. I had to post and PM Fex a little while back for same reason. Got ya covered Hugh. big grin

Edit: Forum "Calender" (top of Index page) is also devoid of all events. PM'd Fex about both.

Thanks Ahho! Proper Bow

Also; speaking of the event and of Xbox... Paragon don't forget to sign your Xbox persona up for the event!
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Alright I finished my Dark bead pursuers  twop build.

Not as easy as it looks. Actually had an easier time on my Ninja sorcerer and BSS build.

First off, TwoP comes out very slowly; I rarely ever get my opponent in range. When I cast pursuers hey roll away and avoid it. Dark bead is coming out as only 500 damage or so, I have 40 int and Tin crystallization catalyst with bellowing dragoncrest. idk why it is doing so little.

I'll get used to it but I'm surprised as I thought it would be easier than this given how so many have problems with it.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:48 pm

What are you testing on?  If you're testing on Hollows or something even point blank not all the beads will hit at the same time and the first couple will be enough to kill them.  So it won't register the damage for all the beads, same thing for the homing soul mass spells or a double-hit back-stab animation.  
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm testing on actual players.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Strange. There should be higher damage if you get most of the dark beads to contact the foe. Then again I see that spell with dusk's crown so that may be a reason. Now I can understand TWoP. Slow miracle and it last for a short time.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Don't forget that while you have BDCR and the TCC, a Dark Bead glass cannon would have the Manus Catalyst & strength and up to 10 more int (maybe even more for some pure min/maxed, one-shot, one trick ponies) PLUS another 30% of everything on top of all that from the dusk crown.  But still, it does seam light for dark bead assuming all beads are hitting...
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:02 pm

I hit dark beads for more than 500 using the Ivory Catalyst with the Crown and Ring.

Honestly that 30% is misleading. It seems that in damage calculation the more you beat someone's defense by the more valuable each point of hurt becomes. This is why people will notice there is a much bigger difference in the damage done by a weapon with 450AR compared to say 510AR. the actual gap isn't that big (only 60 AR) but because the 510's extra AR is all weighted on the side of 'ar over the defense value' it does more damage in comparison than you'd initially think.

Try it out on the Firelink hallows. if you have a quality build laying around (27/40) it's almost perfect for showing this. Go buy 3 longswords from Andre. Make one like +4 or something, get as close to 200 AR as possible. Then upgrade the next to Raw+5 which will be 292, basically about 300. then because you're 27/40 a crystal +5 longsword will have 402 AR. Do different stuff to the hallows with each one. Even though the change in AR is the same, when you compare the 200-300 gap to the 300-400 gap the later seems to be larger. If you could get a 500ar longsword it would be even bigger than the 3-4 hundred. I'm sure this all has to do with the specific way damage is calculated, but for some reason the more AR you have the more Valuable each point of AR becomes. So that 500+ AR Crystal Great Scythe is no joke, seriously no joke at all.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:15 pm

The only thing I haven't been using is the Dusk crown, I thought the difference would be kind of small.

Didn't want them to be prepared for a mage on sight.
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:27 pm

After finally getting back to Anor Londo in NG+ on my mage and rejoining the Darkmoons, I decided to try the forest out for a spin since I'd never done PvP there before. Man, was that hard to get used to... It was a struggle to kill invading phantoms and/or hosts I'd invaded before other phantoms ported into the world and made my life hell, especially since my limited castings made fighting 2 or more enemies at once just about impossible. They were also prepared for me, since I was decked out in Havels chest/hand/leg armor, with crown of dusk and TCC in my right hand.

That said, I did acquire several ears, one from a gravelord that had infected me there and several from regular hosts. One particularly enjoyable kill was almost a spectacular failure... I play DkS on the 360, which is attached to my computer monitor. I had switched back to the PC view for a few moments, not expecting to invade a world so quickly, only to feel my controller vibrate after only about half a minute. I quickly turned back to see a giantdad whacking at me while pinning me to the fog gate. Despite >50% weight load, I managed to roll down the steps and get him with a single dark bead as he came down to follow me.

The guy obviously watched OnlyAfro's vids. He should have known as well as anyone that Dark Magic is power power power power power POWER.

Edit: on another note, I'm amazed just how active the place is even at 4 in the morning. Will definitely mark the forest down as a great ear-farming spot whenever other places are dry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 pm