Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Soris Ice Goldwing
silentmonkey3
swordiris
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
billy_bayonet
chaz0612
shadowzninjaz
WhiteFatalisLegacy3
JamieJae
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Icegodzilla
Latitoast
Halicarnassis
DarkMoon Kaiser
HereticForLife
Encore
zwanzig-tausend
22 posters

Messengers of Velka Reign

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Messengers of Velka Reign - Page 14 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka Reign

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:19 pm

The halberd is a very strong weapon but a hard one to master. I have a build who uses it and boy I love it. Also both miracles? Nice touch. What doe you normally use when you invade chaz?
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Welcome to the Messengers Chaz
    chaz0612
    chaz0612

Post by chaz0612 Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:02 pm

I use the normal sythe or the Lucerne, since I have a divine darwraith with the normal Halberd already
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Those two are useful weapons to have.

I have something to say: Do you all believe we can make use of the Exiles Trading and Crafting thread here? I have the need for some shards for a very low sl and I wonder if all can use it?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Welcome Chaz!  Don't forget to sign up for our event (click en garde or the pic above it in my sig to link to the event thread).  BTW, it's ok for someone else to say this or bump the thread also. big grin 

-------

I've been fairly quiet, but busy.  I wiped out my mule account saves and started over.  I actually made a fastroll build.  Most my builds have a fastroll contingency plan, however, I think this might be the first time I've actually sat down with the intention of fast rolling and ended up making the build.  It turned out great; I have DMB & SLB to put on a Katana with 39 dex & 40 faith!  I also fine tuned my other SL 125 builds.  I'm very pleased with the results, both in terms of play-ability and the ear yield.

I've got a ton of ears the last few days and had a few interesting kills.  One guy got low and ran around after I hit him with a Lloyd's.  His phantom showed up and tried to give him cover, but I'd chase the host then turn and swing at the white then go back to the host.  Finally, I threw another Lloyd's when I got away from the white and close enough to the host.  It turned out to be great timing because the 1st Lloyd's wore off right before I threw the second.  The host didn't notice he got hit again. :razz: ... Easy BS and I killed the white!

I finished a few guys with WoG while they were running away.  They'd pull away from me, but go for the stairs... of course a few of the stairs in Anor Londo switch back. big grin I've gotten a few on those stairs in the Sentinel room before.  I got another today and I got one at the very beginning of Anor Londo, too.  As I was writing this I invaded someone who had got me a couple of times with severely laggy 2v1s.  I got revenge on him twice, though.  This time I got him low quick and chased him from the moving staircase to the ladder that leads to the rafters and WoGed him twice off the ladder and back to the bonfire whence he came. big grin

I also got a solo quester in light Anor Londo.  I saw him take damage by the Dragon Slayer bow location.  I figured he was dropping down and was going to make a run for it, but I couldn't find him.  When he asked if I was having trouble I knew he hadn't come down.  I missed the jump the first time and when I saw him kill a bat demon I went to cut him off at the fog.  But, I lost him again -- we exchanged a few more messages.  It became apparent he went right back to his hiding spot and he wasn't going to fight.  I even told the guy to get help or D/C... Anyway; I got out to the ledge and looked around the corner, I saw him pacing so I sent him a message: "why u no fight?"  When he stopped pacing I jumped down, BSed him and proceded to finish him without scratching my armor.  He didn't appreciate my lack of 'honor'.  I found that pretty ironic and told him so.  He actually chilled out, but said something like: 'your name (Velkas_Vengeance) hints at all the hatemail you get 'cause everyone hates darkmoons.'  LOLwut?  I think the darkmoon hate and his angst over the way he died speaks to how people don't like to face the music.  Whether it's paying for sin or getting out-trolled nobody likes the taste of their own medicine.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:14 am

Good to see you still here Hugh! Your stories are very enjoyable to read. Almost thought they stopped.

billy_bayonet wrote:Will you answer the Call of your fellow Guardians https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22869-despair-shall-become-you-new-londo-s-defiance

Also are we all signing up for this event?
    chaz0612
    chaz0612

Post by chaz0612 Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:55 pm

I'll get your large shards today Soris, bout to head down to blighttown on my SL 15 to farm them hehe I should get lots of Green too...
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Good news! The Exiled have offered the Messengers a gift of goodwill. We receive discounts to the things from the Exiled shop! Speak to a merchant for information.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t21939p90-exiled-of-ariamis-trade-and-crafting#483451
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:48 pm

swordiris wrote:Good news! The Exiled have offered the Messengers a gift of goodwill. We receive discounts to the things from the Exiled shop! Speak to a merchant for information.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t21939p90-exiled-of-ariamis-trade-and-crafting#483451

That answers my question. We will use this.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:19 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=414926548104571676

My newest endeavor in Darkmooning. 55 is about the lowest SL organized anything happens at regularly that doesn't have restrictions on upgrade levels, and it turns out you can look like our beloved Gwyndolin and kick some serious butt while doing it.

Even with armor that can't be upgraded and no real scaling for the weapon. DMB just does so much at this level it's astonishing how fast it chews people up. The build is little more than the infamous Oroboro 125 build just dropped down to 55. If you're willing to use the Dark Hand over the heater you have a pretty sizable selection of weapons to use, and since the overwhelming majority of your damage is from the DMB buff, all of them work very well, though faster swinging weapons have always done better with buffs than slower the slower Reinforced Club can stunlock easily and in a full stamina bar will basically kill anything you're hitting.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:39 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Good to see you still here Hugh! Your stories are very enjoyable to read. Almost thought they stopped.

billy_bayonet wrote:Will you answer the Call of your fellow Guardians https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22869-despair-shall-become-you-new-londo-s-defiance

Also are we all signing up for this event?

I signed up for it, I'd encourage other Messengers to do the same.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Sweet builds, Jans.  The fastroll katana build I mentioned earlier uses the giants gauntlets+wolf combo too.  That's an under-rated poise break, IMO.  I know you like replenishment, though if it were me I'd use 2 wogs.  You could also use the scimitar instead (6-less AR) and get 1 full unit of weight for a 3-unit shield or use one of the non-Priscilla daggers or a bow (composite or short) as back-up.

-----

@Sword; I was worried about coming up with an SL 80 build.  I decided to try 3 and a half experiments in one. :razz: The experiments; No. 1: SL 80, No. 2: the obsidian greatsword, No. 3 pyro and a half: another fast roll only build.  I've been hosting in the burg and forest the last two days and I love this build!  I got on it right away because I thought I'd have to try a few builds out, but I honestly think I nailed it first try.  I'm still not comfortable with the pyro -- I don't really care for it for some reason.  I'm ok at aiming it at random stuff in the environment (which I did to practice) but in the heat of battle when I adjust my camera I push down on the R3 and end up locking back on a lot. Look Skyward But, I mostly use GC and not very often at that.

But, in short -- I got me a build :razz: and I will sign up.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:31 am

So... in an effort to promote our event I made this post fully intending to back it up.  However, I neglected to take into account the xbox... I was thinking about offering some humanity (5 or 10) and a fully upgraded event legal weapon or something like that.  Also; if they also sign-up for MoV a lil' something extra in game plus a sig pic using an approved picture and font of their choice.  What can you Xbox guys cover?  
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:06 pm

I may be on a break from this game but that does not mean I stop looking here. You guys have an stories to share?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:30 pm

I've begun work on an SL80 build. I'm not entirely sure that this is finalized but it's working out really well for me so far in preliminary tests (which mostly involves standing around township with manus  alive trying to get all the rare drops from bloated heads)

http://mmdks.com/32lz

The other build I was considering is much less exciting to play but with the space available in the event locale I know it'd end up effective (if I bit trying to the patience) 

http://mmdks.com/32m1

The Chaos Comp bow + fire arrows I think is one of the most under utilized elemental options for no stat investment but is wildly effective. A good strong Criting weapon on the swap and maximal poise for rampant poise stabbing (I have no shame) while GCFB isn't the best with low dex it's still a good tool for telling people not to be standing where I am standing, which is good for the bow.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:30 am

I thought you were back playing again, Iceman... what happened?

Anyway; I do have some stories.  I keep running into trolls hiding up on the ledge in Anor Londo... It's a bit annoying, but oh man... that feeling when you catch a troll and counter-troll him and/or kill him in a unique and funny way... twisted 

After finally flushing one out I chased after shadows until I saw damage from the other blue.  I rushed in and just missed a BS.  I chased him towards the stairs and then slowed down and switched from my shield to my darkmoon talisman... calmly waited for him to get into range, one wog... two steps in the direction he's going to give him time to get up and keep him in range... and another wog FTW!  No, I'm not repeating myself -- it was yet another guy I caught with a wog on the stairs. big grin

I spent 8 minutes searching for another troll and finally went to the ledge.  I stopped and turned the camera to look around the corner as to not get wogged off... I was surprised to not see anyone.  I stood there for a second a bit in shock.  I noticed a gargoyle on the ledge I hadn't noticed before -- then I figured out why it had never been there before. :razz: Oh, by the way I made an obsidian GS build. winking   I knocked him off with the special attack.  He was extremely hard to see -- I didn't see him, damage or a life bar after he fell... I stepped down to where he was carefully (I'd never even knew there was a second ledge there) dropped off and hit R1 even though I had no idea where the hell he was at this point.  It seemed like he must have survived and ran off.  Half way down I started to feel kinda stupid for trying a plunge attack until -- KILLSHOT!! cheers   I've had plenty of kills that made me lmfao or stand up put both my arms in the air.  I'm not into trolling at all, but I have no problem with counter-trolling and I take fiendish delight in killing trolls/annoying people in hilarious ways. twisted   So knocking this guy off with an Obsidian R2 and then finishing him with a plunge attack was over-load for me.  I literally sat there in silence for a second then softly said out loud: "epic".

I invaded the same guy again and he was spamming the MLGS R2 on a blue from that second ledge while the other blue was on the main one.  Unfortunately, in my rush to help the blue I fell down to the last level and got caught in the R2s and couldn't counter or heal quick enough... sad However... I invaded him twice more.  I hit him w/2 wogs (plus fall damage) for a seconde ear.  The  last time I went wog and when he stumbled out of range but stayed on -- I tried to hit him with a mini-plunge attack.  I failed the plunge, but got the 'Mario' head drop damage and he fell behind me and died to another wog.

I like the obsidian GS, but like all greatswords -- it's not very good against ninjas.  Of course, not much is... usually the rapier works decent -- but it does minimal damage.  I went to plan D against a very annoying flipping spear user after giving up on the Obsian GS and rapier while throwing out wogs in between mostly to defend myself after failing to kill the host before healing then taking heavy damage trying to hit a ninja with a Lloyds.  I'm thinking this person may have had modded gear also (170 damage from a chaos washing pole on cloth armor???  The spear pokes seemed to hurt more than they should too...).  I had thrown in the washing pole when I made the build because it weighs the same as the Obsidian GS; I'd never used it before and I'd forgotten I'd put it in there. :razz: So plan D actually caught me by surprise the first time I used it -- LOL.  This was the second time luckily, so clearly I had mastered the washing pole at this point. rolling eyes 

It was either a very exciting fight or very boring... probably boring... 'cause I think I bored myself (keep reading).  I actually went from fighting on the stairs (which I do whenever I can to keep from getting BSed) to looking for a BS myself (there were a few openings if only I could have on the stairs).  Of course, I ended up getting front-stabbed.  I had about 150 HP against someone with a spear and pyro.  Wake-up phantom poke or GC and GG, Hugh!  However, the host goes for a firestorm... confused  Thanks, I roll away and heal.  Then a red shows up, honestly I'm out of ideas and I just try to get the host BSed by the red.  Not only does it not work but the ****head red goes out of his way to BS me the fist chance he gets.  Luckily the host goes for the red and I'm able to roll/run a way and heal behind the other stairs at the start of AL.  I go for plan G (? -- IDK...); the scimitar... stupid idea against a ninja spear user, I know.  But, I was well away from the action and I was literally looking through my menu for something for about 10 seconds and can't find anything else I liked better in the moment.  I just remembered I had the halberd -- damn! Look Skyward 

I hear the red using force down below near the chest with demon titanite in it.  I go to check it out and end up watching from above; as the red is just spamming for all he's worth.  Finally the host goes flying off and the red walks over to look.  There I am right above him... there he is... unbeknownst to him right below me... looking over the edge thinking about his kill, probably having forgotten that I exist at this point... so, I figure I'll remind him.  Ya know, drop in on say hi...  I do a plunge attack, the red follows the host right off! twisted twisted twisted twisted   
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:04 am

Dark souls had a sale about two weeks ago. Too many rude and frankly bad players for me to stand. I am off for a week to see if the numbers drop and then I can play again.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:04 pm

My Sl 80 build for event

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=165438345436672235

How is it?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:25 pm

I don't know how caught up you are in your fashion on this build so I've got two examples (there are a few other setups you could do for similar results).  I left the stats the same and kept the spirit of the build.  I just went over-board with poise stacking :razz: and saved some weight to add a shield. This setup keeps the Lord's Blade Robe, but has the Hollow Soldier Waistcloth.  The 80+ poise is seen as fairly meaningless, but great fireball breaks 80 poise and a host of 1-handed weapons break 20 poise (katanas, curved swords, spears and halberds are popular and often spammed) and considering your weapon choice you'll likely be having a lot of R1 contests.  So needing to tank 4 is certainly not out of the question.  Also, I think people under-estimate the regeneration aspect of poise since it's not visible like the stamina bar.  

You can even hit 90 poise, which IMO, is actually worth it.  90 poise can tank three 2-handed strikes from the exact same set of weapons previously mentioned.  This setup has 91 poise and to my eye is the least hideous armor combo (you could use the Painting Guardian Robe also) you can have to hit 91 poise (maintaining the integrity of your original build).  You're stuck either going: naked, naked, havels, guardian/stone or using one of the hollow waistcloths if you want more than 90 poise.  But, there are a couple combinations using Sunbro's chestplate.

I neglected to add it to the build, but you should use a second pyro glove if you have a shield.  That way you can use pyro with your shield out.  You could also add a bow and a rapier, scimitar or dagger instead of a shield if you want.  A dark hand/rapier combo instead of a standard shield would allow you to have something to block and parry with and give you a good crit weapon in your right at the same time as well.  Finally; you should carry a few 3-unit shields.  If you swap to a 3-unit shield; swapping from Havel's gauntlets to either Guardian (with no 2nd weapon/pyro glove, lose 5 poise), Giants (with 1-unit weapon ie bandit knife, lose 7 poise) or Black Iron (with 1.5 weapon ie rapier, lose 10 poise) will allow you to still fast roll.  
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:55 am

That second build is amazing. I think I'm going to run that one.

It is a callback to my old demon souls build before the system restore, pressure with bleed, poison, toxin. 

Think you could help me with the gear and I'll grab the pyros and we can duel sometime? I think this build might have a higher win rate than my dark magic build even.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:31 pm

Yeah.  I've got a few characters that I'd like to switch to my main.  How 'bout I drop you what you need then you put as many of the items & souls in your BB as you can then I drop some stuff for you to give me on my other account?  It's a couple of characters, but it shouldn't take too long -- I already have everything I need right there.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Yeah.  I've got a few characters that I'd like to switch to my main.  How 'bout I drop you what you need then you put as many of the items & souls in your BB as you can then I drop some stuff for you to give me on my other account?  It's a couple of characters, but it shouldn't take too long -- I already have everything I need right there.

Yeah we can do that.

Right now I'm in school though. I'll msg you when I get home and my chores are done. Probably around 5ish.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:35 pm

No one talks about my builds. Even when I'm gone for like 4 days due to doctors. =(
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:46 am

You're the build guru, what could I do to help your builds?  I saw your fencing build; you have thrust defense, physical damage and poise stacked.  I have a style souls build that can wield Velka's rapier 'cuz I like it and I'm a messenger of Velka and I'm going to be playing on my "Velkas_Vengeance" account. LOL silly

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am