Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Quickdraw525
einherje
Ishiotzin
Murkulanvippi
Leet
Ahhotep1
shadowzninjaz
Kahldris_Ducard
Marino.
Hugh_G_Johnson
Forum Pirate
robsthedon
BloodMoon96
Demon Slayer
ViralEnsign_
Lord of Ash
brosidon84
Aigaios
sure-magicians
billy_bayonet
jc_in_az
Spurgun
dancash1808
Eko
Scryer569
mackofspades
VMatrixX
AshLumi
BeeSeaEss
Dutchy
Latitoast
lucania101710
Jansports
twilightwarwolf
Dibsville
AlphaTrol
40 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

THE EXILED of  ARIAMIS!  Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of  WARRIORS - Page 23 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:34 pm

I swear 95% of the time i lose is because of lag. I might upgrade to the "extreme" speed internet my provider can provide.

Then i'll lol at these peasants' internet connections.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

THE EXILED of  ARIAMIS!  Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of  WARRIORS - Page 23 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

Post by robsthedon Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Lag is lag, when it's there you have to adjust. But when teleportation happens it's any body's guess.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:56 pm

I have fought teleporting opponents more then once...for the most part I find it extremely funny. Same when I fought a hacker who had just a head!!! I was on-game that day...he died. Much to his bodiless surprise! And mine tbh! Haha!

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:25 pm

robsthedon wrote:Lag is lag, when it's there you have to adjust. But when teleportation happens it's any body's guess.

It's hard to "adjust" to lag when it's always fluctuating. One second everything is good and then BOOM, they're all over the place. Upgrading my internet will help. I just have standard internet, nothing special. And just a regular modem/router.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:18 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:I also made a new build idea http://mmdks.com/34wj

Tell me what ya'll think.
    http://mmdks.com/358z

Just a little optomising, nothing wrong with the build (though the kick+gc thing only works ar 45 dex)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Demon Slayer wrote:Pyro is classified as magic but Crown of dusk does not affect pyros (directly) i mean it boost the damage but not entirely.

It still averages out to about a 20% boost though, so its totally worth it for a pure pyro.

The actual damage boost varies by spell.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Made a mid-roll tank build.

Haven't had a mid roll build in a while.

Tanky the Tank
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:35 pm

better defences. Menu swap to your other weapon/s. http://mmdks.com/3596
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:36 pm

I primarily did the guardian armor because i like how it looks.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Actually, all havels besides cleric gauntlets will work.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:54 pm

The reason for the switch is elemental defense. All that armor doesn't amount to much against a mage when you only have 250 magic defense.

A mlgs will be dealing over 300 damage per hit to you (at a guess, I'd say around 350) with r1s, and can zone you to death with r2s. both the crest shield and the 380 magic defense are insulation against such tactics. Its only an couple extra hits, 4 absolute max (haven't done the math) but that makes a big difference when you cannot afford to dodge (they will just tag you exiting the roll)

It is your call though, obviously, just explaining my reasoning.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Makes sense.

I'll be at a disadvantage against a fast rolling mage anyway.

And when people play against mid rolling builds, all they do is flip around like fairys. It's quite annoying.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Time your attacks to hit them exiting the roll (requires prediction,) and then bs them while they're stunned.

You can also intentionally throw out "empty" attacks that aren't intended to hit, just to get them to try to roll in and punish you. You then unlock and demolish the punish attempt.

Doesn't really work on spears though. Just turtle untill they get frustrated. Its really boring.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Yeah, that's all i can do.

Swing at nothing in hopes they come in for an attack. Maybe this is why i don't use mid rolling builds.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:31 pm

You missunderstand. I mean swing when they're too far away for you to hit, and to do so in a simple pattern. They will catch the pattern, even if they're not very good, and come in to punish one of the swings.

It as at this point that you either parry, unlock and swivel to hit them, or poise bs them for doing the obvious thing.

Its not a hope, and its not blind swinging. Its calculated and works on even the best players. Even if they know thats what you're doing, if thats the only time you leave yourself open to an attack they don't have much choice but to act at that time, which is what you were going for.

You just have to position yourself well, so they cannot bs you or poke you before you have a chance to react.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:41 pm

No, i understood what you were saying. I didn't feel the need to go into depth because essentially i am swinging at nothing. Swinging at nothing in hopes it will bait them to get close enough for me to make a move. By hope i meant not every single time i swing are they gonna come at me. And i never said anything about swinging blind.

I've played the game before.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Then i missunderstood. My bad.

By your own addmission though, you are somewhat inexperienced with the zweih, so its not hard to imagine youre unfamiliar with the more detailed aspects of its use. (though you are)

Many people use it for months and never get pass locked on r1 spam.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:01 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Then i missunderstood. My bad.

By your own addmission though, you are somewhat inexperienced with the zweih, so its not hard to imagine youre unfamiliar with the more detailed aspects of its use. (though you are)

Many people use it for months and never get pass locked on r1 spam.

How would you know i'm unfamiliar with details aspects of it's use?

And what do you mean never get pass locked on r1 spam?

You're saying people can't lock on and spam r1? I don't get it.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:12 pm

I win countless matches in a row with the zwei. There's not much too it. You see how the enemy is playing and you adapt to it. Baiting, dead angling, stunlocking + backstabbing, making your opponent think you're gonna r1 spam and while they parry spam walk behind them and bs, kick and stunlock, kick stunlock bs, roll around your opponent and bait them to swing and roll r1 them, swing unlocked for bs fishers. It's not rocket science.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Tooleet using zwei and other ultra gs against random players is alot different then fighting players that have good experience and pvp often since randoms do not know how 2 punish atks like how a experience player would know how to.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:36 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:Tooleet using zwei and other ultra gs against random players is alot different then fighting players that have good experience and pvp often since randoms do not know how 2 punish atks like how a experience player would know how to.  

I'm aware lol.

I run into people on here all the time.

And i also run into very good players, all the time.

You people act like i've never played this game before. Talking to me about basic tactics and explaining to me the difference between randoms and skilled players. Sometimes randoms are good players. I could randomly run into Pirate. It doesn't make a difference.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:44 pm

And another thing.

In here, there's all these different ranks with people listed. How does one go up a rank?

Also, i only see about 5 people actually in here/in the chat. Where is everybody?
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:03 pm

We tell u the basics stuff cause u are a bit new to us and only most active people people are on the chat and stuff or people have things 2 do irl.

Ranks ups in this cov happen from helping other cov members or playing with them, ranks mostly come from showing up and playing in our cov events like the warfare event or some that we don't host
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:04 am

TooLeet wrote:And another thing.

In here, there's all these different ranks with people listed. How does one go up a rank?

Also, i only see about 5 people actually in here/in the chat. Where is everybody?

Shadowz is right (thanks Shadowz). I know it's hard right now TooLeet but if you will have a look around it is very slow everywhere. Some coves have even gone temporarily inactive just recently because things have slowed down.

I was hoping to see you at the Guerrilla Warfare event. We did well and went for an additional 2 1/2 hrs past the official event end. At most we had 11 participants at one time with various others popping in after finishing with the twitch tourney.

Reim had his event running this weekend. And there are FC's galore to peak anyone's tastes.

The MoV has their hosted event this weekend. Others are offering up all sorts of interesting things to do...people are trying TooLeet and that is what makes this forum so very special...people do care.

Billy has his event coming up. And Wilks just put together a very creative and truly fun sounding event "The Heist".

So you see...many people are trying to keep the interest level up by providing activities. But if people chose not to participate there is really very little that can be done other then hope that next time will be better.

The fact that you are posting in our thread as often as you do is great and believe me, I do appreciate your efforts. You will also notice we go through phases. As a matter of fact the whole forum goes through phases where things get real quite then suddenly and inexplicably pick up. So, rather then pointing out the obvious...continue posting, join events. Hell, there is nothing that says you can't come up with an event! That is not strictly the domain of covenant leaders, or mods...if you have a good idea fly with it. Anyone of us would be more then willing to help you! happy

As for ranking up, again Shadowz is right. I consider Forum, Exiled thread and psn chat participation very important. But, I nor anyone else can blame people for doing other things at this point. I would have to say that some need to take a break if only to re-kindle their DkS addiction. happy

Hang in there TooLeet...every effort counts!

brosidon84

THE EXILED of  ARIAMIS!  Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of  WARRIORS - Page 23 Empty can i join?

Post by brosidon84 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:50 am

my psn is brosidon84 and my SL is 120

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm