Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

How to install DeS on HDD to reduce load time

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How to install DeS on HDD to reduce load time Empty How to install DeS on HDD to reduce load time

Post by Micha369 Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Hello folks,

it is really annoying that the load times are alway so long in DeS.
    E.g. I want to kill myself in the nexus and the disk drive starts working!
    All the load processes generelly take always so long!

Isn't it possible to install the game completely on the 500 GB HDD so what I don't need the games disk anymore? Or some kind of a ram disk?

thanks for your help!

Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How to install DeS on HDD to reduce load time Empty Re: How to install DeS on HDD to reduce load time

Post by Hart Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Im assuming you're on PS3... if not disregard the rest of my post lol.

When you put your game disc in the first time, and the load screen comes up informing you that Game Data is being installed/created, core game files are being copied to your PS3's HDD to reduce loading times to some degree.
    In addition, some games have the option to install extra files, such as texture packs/music files etc. onto your HDD to reduce loading times even further, however doing this will not let you play the game without the disc for authentication.
    Also, it should be noted that not all games allow this option. As I do not personally own a copy of Demons Souls I suggest waiting for someone who does to give you a definitive answer as to whether theres an in-game option to install the games data, but in every game I have with this option its generally found through the Man Menu
    A quick google search on this issue yielded more than a few people claiming you could install ANY game on the PS3's HDD by pressing triangle while selecting the disc to open disc info, then selecting 'install game data'. I only tried this with my Dark Souls disc (it didn't work) but even so I'm calling bullsh*t on that... Don't know if they're confusing the PS3 with the Xbox 360 or just talking out their a*s's. Don't really care TBH but I don't think they're right.

So in summary, check the option menu for one to 'install game data', otherwise I'm sorry but I think you're out of luck.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How to install DeS on HDD to reduce load time Empty Re: How to install DeS on HDD to reduce load time

Post by Walter_White Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:51 am

no install Option

got the psn dl version....loading time is the same, only no disc sound

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 am