Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
SadPanda
Bontee
Myztyrio
Conrack
DS_Dene
twigsterxd
Sentiel
RANT
Animaaal
15 posters

Smaller Game w/DLC or Delay the Release and wait until...whenever?

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Smaller Game w/DLC  or  Delay the Release and wait until...whenever? Empty Smaller Game w/DLC or Delay the Release and wait until...whenever?

Post by Animaaal Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Title and why.

Personally, I'd rather see a smaller game with later available DLC I could choose from in an extensive fashion.  I think the DLC in Dark Souls is magnificent.  I'd gladly take a smaller game (65%-75% in size) and just pay a few bucks for whatever DLC they'd come up with.  If it meant smoother and more balanced (pvp) gameplay....I'd be all for it.

Also, I feel I owe FROM a good few hundred bucks for what they've saved me in gaming.  I'd gladly support any DLC they put out for any existing souls game if it meant a little better quality.

The question is, I suppose, would you rather wait untillllllll 10/2014??? 01/2015???
    *just an example
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Smaller Game w/DLC  or  Delay the Release and wait until...whenever? Empty Re: Smaller Game w/DLC or Delay the Release and wait until...whenever?

Post by RANT Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:17 pm

No dlc, but this is coming from someone that hates dlc since very few times is worth the money, I thought the dks dlc was meh tbh.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Smaller Game w/DLC  or  Delay the Release and wait until...whenever? Empty Re: Smaller Game w/DLC or Delay the Release and wait until...whenever?

Post by Animaaal Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Meh huh? Well, I guess I wanted more too lol.

However, for the price and what you got, I thought the investment was great.
    -More lore.
    -More AWESOME spells.
    -Cool weapons.
    -Awesome..just...just AWESOME bosses.
    -etc

However, It's not to say I wouldn't wait until 06/2014 for a finished Dark Souls game. No bbs, mules, dupes, just top notch quality gameplay.  I'd also like to see small DLC packages for armor colors, spell colors, etc.

Last edited by Animaaal on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rephrased)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:51 pm

There's a pending question as to the quality and quantity of the said DLC.
    Artorias of the Abyss is a gem among DLCs. You mostly get worthless pack of digital content, which just wastes your money. Lot of the times, the said DLC is already present in the game when you purchase it, yet you still have to pay for it.

If you mean DLC with Arty's qualities, then I would say "Yes" to your question, but DLCs like that are shiny rare and we are more likely to end up with trash DLCs instead. And that is the reason, why my final answer is "No".

I would rather wait for a longer period of time, but I would get a full game, in every meaning of the term, fully worth every penny. Not a half baked game, probably with the same price, with many DLCs following right after it, ultimately costing me much more cash to get.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Smaller game? NO
    DLC? YES
    For the price of DkS here in Canada, I would rather have a larger game than wut we get. As far as dlc is concerned, if I can afford, i'll get it.

When you said, I feel I owe FROM a good few hundred bucks for what they've saved me in gaming. That's crazy bro. It's really no different from buying it on a cd instead of downloading it.
    You just 1 crazy animaal silly
    DS_Dene
    DS_Dene
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DS_Dene Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Yeah it's kinda sad that we have to wait till the next year, but it also depends what kind of stuff we get in the dlc.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:36 am

twigsterxd wrote:............When you said, I feel I owe FROM a good few hundred bucks for what they've saved me in gaming. That's crazy bro. It's really no different from buying it on a cd instead of downloading it.
    You just 1 crazy animaal silly..............

LOL, I hardly think so.  I'm not amused easily and there was a lot of contemplation before I decided on which console to buy originally.  Heck I boughta Nintendo DS, just because I knew I needed another couple weeks to decide.

FROM has saved me an enormous amount of money on video games.  That's become blatantly apparent recently as I've purchased a Wii.

I've realized that it would take an investment of $20.00 a week or more just to be occupied with that console.  Thats's assuming there would  be a fresh influx of new games to amuse me as well.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls however, have saved me an enormous amount of money.  This is apparent by simply considering the time "Logged-in".

Hats off to you FROM, life long fan here.thumbs up
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:56 am

I misunderstood ya bro. Now I see wut ya mean big grin
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:03 am

Animaaal wrote:Title and why.

Personally, I'd rather see a smaller game with later available DLC I could choose from in an extensive fashion.  I think the DLC in Dark Souls is magnificent.  I'd gladly take a smaller game (65%-75% in size) and just pay a few bucks for whatever DLC they'd come up with.  If it meant smoother and more balanced (pvp) gameplay....I'd be all for it.

Also, I feel I owe FROM a good few hundred bucks for what they've saved me in gaming.  I'd gladly support any DLC they put out for any existing souls game if it meant a little better quality.

The question is, I suppose, would you rather wait untillllllll 10/2014??? 01/2015???
    *just an example

You're crazy man, I would 100 times over prefer a larger game that was built to completion, rather than be nickel and dime'd over content the "set aside" for DLC I'm looking at your Skyrim and Call of Duty.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:23 am

What a dumbass downvote in post #1.  I asked a question and stated a reason I would ask it.

You vote trolls are something else. Just as bad as griefers. Look Skyward
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:23 am

Conrack wrote:
    You're crazy man, I would 100 times over prefer a larger game that was built to completion, rather than be nickel and dime'd over content the "set aside" for DLC I'm looking at your Skyrim and Call of Duty.

You need to learn how to read.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:28 am

Animaaal wrote:..................... If it meant smoother and more balanced (pvp) gameplay....I'd be all ..............

Can you see it now?

Skimming does not = reading people.

I'm getting real tired of this shyt in this forum.waiting
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:06 am

Animaaal wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:..................... If it meant smoother and more balanced (pvp) gameplay....I'd be all ..............

Can you see it now?

Skimming does not = reading people.

I'm getting real tired of this shyt in this forum.waiting
    First off you need to learn how to ask the question then, if you only wanted people to answer about PVP, change the title and ask "Would you prefer a PVP dlc pack/purchase"

Second I answered your question about smaller game, more dlc with an obvious dislike of the idea because; I dislike being charged for incomplete games that have "DLC additions", Dark souls and Demons sould have been some of the most complete and lengthy games I have played in years, so by adding DLC the odds would be that they would set aside content so that they could charge you later for it.  

Finally as a PERSONAL OPINION I believe people who are willing to pay for things like "COD 3 map pack for $15.00" ruin the gaming experience and even DLC for the rest of us who feel the developer has no right to continue to overcharge its customers for small pieces of content. If your not too young to remember the shivering Isles for Oblivion, $30.00 for a HUGE amount of DLC. (which once again in my opinion was the best deal for DLC ever)
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:30 am

I'd prefer a complete game, with added DLC if they so choose. The way they did DkS was fine by me :3
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:31 am

@Conrack

The title IS a question, I don't appreciate being called crazy, nor the down vote to the op for no apparent reason.

Thank you for explaining the rest.

@Myztyrio

Thanks, I agree.

Last edited by Animaaal on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Bontee
    Bontee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bontee Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:49 am

I'd prefer the full game, even if there's a wait... That said, one or two DLC's wouldn't be horrible if they added something extra, but they would have to have a reasonable amount of content. I liked how Dark Souls was, like that would be fine in my opinion.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:34 am

When Dark Souls was pushed for a deadline, it was unfinished, and it greatly affected the game. I'm glad that FROM is taking their time to polish it out and make sure it's a great game. I want it released at 95% finished or more, even if they have to spend even MORE time to do it. Nothing is more upsetting that a bad releases of a game you waited a while for. But the best is a great release of a game you waited what seemed like ages for.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Full game I always go for the full game no matter the wait. When you get pushed to make game before their set deadline, you get a unfinished mess which can anything that can really damage the game's reputation. I rather a full, functioning game then a half-finished, bug and who knows what else error game where dlc patches are used later to fix it.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:53 pm

I would like a full game. For some reason I just dislike DLC.

Akuro
    Akuro

Post by Akuro Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:12 pm

I can understand the want of having a game released early with DLC coming after it, but to me it sounds like a rushed game. That said, the AotA DLC was fantastic, and From really delivered. But in all honesty a complete, very-well sculpted game sounds so much more appealing than a game released with a trail of DLC following it. "Patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweet".

So yeah, sign me up for May 2014.

Just my two cents.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:06 am

I say bring on the DLC! Now, later, or whenever.
    And this is coming from a guy that hates DLC.

Because DLC in Dark Souls is waaaay different than other games.

Let’s take Resident Evil 5 for example (one of the few games I ever got DLC for).
    So you get a few new levels and some costumes.
    Play through the new levels, play through the game with the new costume/s… and you are done.

But with the Dark Souls DLC after you play through the levels, then you go back and play through them a zillion times again for other reasons. As summons, invaders, new builds, etc.

New amour makes a ton of new combinations.
    New weapons/spells make for a ton of new combinations.

Also there is so much room for DLC after the game is finished…the way the levels are in Dark Souls, there is always a dead end where a person wonders what is beyond that crumbled staircase…
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:00 am

Animaaal wrote:Title and why.

Personally, I'd rather see a smaller game with later available DLC I could choose from in an extensive fashion. 

I would hate this, also cos I too dislike being charged for incomplete games that have "DLC additions". Part of the reason I was willing to buy AotA was because it was not something that was planned, it was something players allmost demanded and FROM made it for us, allthou they had stated that there is not going to be a DLC. One DLC like AotA that adds ton of content is fine, if the game is worth it.

I think the DLC in Dark Souls is magnificent.

Agreed.

I'd gladly take a smaller game (65%-75% in size) and just pay a few bucks for whatever DLC they'd come up with.  If it meant smoother and more balanced (pvp) gameplay....I'd be all for it.

I don't really know what you mean with this, how does DLC make PvP smoother and balanced? Wouldn't it make it more unbalanced as you would need to buy a DLC to have all the stuff your opponents might be wielding?
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Post by buzzgud Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:14 am

I'll wait for the quality of the game, would I be disappointed if I had to wait until the end of '14 into '15? Yes, of course I would be, but would it be worth it? From the gems that FROM has dropped so far? Of course it would be! Even if they dropped a lengthy game that took me 100 hours to beat, I'd still buy a 15 dollar DLC that gives me four new bosses and three areas to explore any day.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:57 am

Animaaal wrote: I'd gladly take a smaller game (65%-75% in size) and just pay a few bucks for whatever DLC they'd come up with.  If it meant smoother and more balanced (pvp) gameplay....I'd be all for it.

O1va_ wrote: I don't really know what you mean with this, how does DLC make PvP smoother and balanced? Wouldn't it make it more unbalanced as you would need to buy a DLC to have all the stuff your opponents might be wielding?

It just means I'd rather see a timely release with a game that's finished instead of the debacle that was Dark Souls release.

There were patches for things that were needed, and things that were "questionably" needed.

As much as I hated the "I can't summon anyone on my friends list with any amount of regularity...THIS GAME SUCKS!!!" threads, there were some obvious flaws in the mechanics that needed fixed.

In other words, I'd rather see a game that is 75% as "big" as intended with 2 or 3 "PTDE" dlc types of releases, than 20 different patches to fix a game using a engine that they "might" not be familiar with.

I'm not saying it will happen, but if it did, this is how I'd prefer my next installment souls.

Also, by "extensive fashion" I simply  mean I'd like to see "skins" dlc and other small options that would cosmetically enhance the game.  Sorry if my wording didn't convey that better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:57 am