Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
skarekrow13
Sentiel
befowler
Walter_White
TheMeInTeam
TehInfamousAmos
densetsushun
twigsterxd
Hugh_G_Johnson
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
14 posters

Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b - Page 2 Empty Re: Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b

Post by Sentiel Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:30 am

Oh My Gwynevere!
    First E, now Scare as well.
    Look Skyward 

Curse you Atlus!
    Curse you 'Murica! (#DontNukeMePls)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b - Page 2 Empty Re: Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:32 am

Oh yeah. Should have remembered that from E's thread. That is pretty weak
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:56 am

I guess I could do a SL1 playthrough for you Sentiel and hope you invade me with that Hyper mode Dragonbone Smasher build! I am far from a Noob at Demon's Souls though so I would probably be a bad candidate for making a story thread and it would be more viable to do a video playthrough which I have already done once before. Hmmmmmm!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:I guess I could do a SL1 playthrough for you Sentiel and hope you invade me with that Hyper mode Dragonbone Smasher build!
    Huh?
    Where did that come from? confused 
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:56 am

Haha I play on Euro version and I have a cheesy level 30 optimised hyper mode DBS build xD Just made an assumption that you could be running something like that haha
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm actually using some Vit gauge SL 30 with legit weapons just to teach newbies some basic PvP and do co-op. Sun 
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Haha jolly Cooperation \[T]/

Have seen a few Vit gouge NRegalia builds at my level too haha its rather irritating to come across them.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:13 pm

SL30 Brostrava or Dual wielding Selen, or GTFO
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:37 am

Haha, this was really fun.  Glad I could contribute to Chapter 4 (and hopefully future chapters), and amazed you remembered all that!  For those curious, here's what I was using:

sl30 Royalty
    -- mail breaker +10 (main weap)
    -- sticky longbow +5 (and holy arrows I think -- did about 65-70 a pop to ol' screechy)
    -- dragon claymore +5 (2nd slot weap)
    -- heater shield +10  (since replaced with the DSS)
    -- mostly dull gold set

Two attuned spells:  water veil, and soul arrow.

This is a coop build I've been fine tuning for a few weeks, all legit gear and upgraded/farmed weapons.  I've spent very little time in DeS compared to DkS, so I am sure it is still woefully inefficient, but it is a lot of fun.  Primarily melee via mail breaker pokings, with the claymore reserved for crowd control, bosses, and as a midroll surprise for the occasional invader.

Other notes:

-- This was only the second time I'd ever fought the Tower Knight in melee, rather than cheesing him with soul arrows from the catwalks.  A few mail breaker pokes to each ankle and down he went.  Then I circled around and hit him in the head with a single 2hd dragon claymore R2 and it nearly killed him, much to my surprise.  Is the head a critical hit location or something?

-- My mail breaker killed me when, in Latria 3-1, I was running down one of the halls when I decided to turn sideways to stab an offending barrel.  I instead did the "backstep stab" kick animation, and pushed myself right through the one spot in the entire railing on that level where there was a break.  But I did get the barrel too, so I can't complain.  Damn furniture.

In addition to this sl30, I also have a sl50 and a sl110 (both in NG+).  If folks are down for coopery, shoot me a msg!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm sold on the mail breaker. That thing was crazy. I'll do some more solo (tonight at least) and some cooperative online play to break it up.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Chapter 5 is short but it's up. I plan on an interlude as well since I had a few musings before getting into the chapter 5 adventures last night.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Nice entry.  I used to live in fear of the red/black katana skeletons, until a recent revelation similar to your roll move.  Basically, you lock on, and then sprint at them at sort of a curving angle.  They'll do that leap attack and miss (it goes in a straight line, as you arc by on one side) -- at which point your lockon slingshots you back around at full sprint speed for really easy backstab.  Just block while doing it, as very rarely one of the two katanas may clip you on the way by -- your shield will stop it at no loss of velocity, but it's not nearly as painful as eating a full attack even if you don't block.  Of course, you need space to perform this, so doing it on the infamous skeleton hiding behind the illusory wall in 4-2 is not recommended.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:04 pm

That skeleton is a jerk.

I had the interlude I promised done and then my computer crashed. I might write it again tonight.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:12 pm

After getting killed a bunch of times, I learned their timing and parry them, or roll bs them.
    I mean, if you farm that one Black Skeleton in 4-2 for hours to get that damned Pure Bladestone, you find ways to deal with his kind that you would never dream of when you first met him. happy
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:27 pm

All of you are obviously not aware that the best way to deal with them is to take their katana to your face and die. big grin

In all seriousness, I used to be terrified of anything that moved in DeS. Spending hours on DkS honing my skills meant that coming back to DeS, nothing seemed quite as scary anymore, save for a few mobs(Giant Deprived, BP Mindflayers, those kinds of horror).
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Sentiel, farming him quickly is soul sucker and stealth
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:19 pm

befowler wrote:Nice entry.  I used to live in fear of the red/black katana skeletons, until a recent revelation similar to your roll move.  Basically, you lock on, and then sprint at them at sort of a curving angle.  They'll do that leap attack and miss (it goes in a straight line, as you arc by on one side) -- at which point your lockon slingshots you back around at full sprint speed for really easy backstab.  Just block while doing it, as very rarely one of the two katanas may clip you on the way by -- your shield will stop it at no loss of velocity, but it's not nearly as painful as eating a full attack even if you don't block.  Of course, you need space to perform this, so doing it on the infamous skeleton hiding behind the illusory wall in 4-2 is not recommended.

bef, wear thief, sneak out, soon as he moves, dodge him. He usually goes left, then bs him. If you have flame toss or firebombs, use them. I love killing that guy lol
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:00 am

The interlude I promised earlier is now up. With a second scary moment. I actually had written it completely and had not yet hit "send" before and my computer crashed out of the blue. I just hit "send" a couple minutes ago and was told that I had lost connection to the site. Luckily hitting my back button kept the text and I tried again and.....well we have an interlude now.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:42 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Sentiel, farming him quickly is soul sucker and stealth
    I ain't sucking no skeleton. sick
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Then grind their bones to make your bread or something Sentiel.  Damn skellies anyway winking

So I didn't play last night.  Tonight is questionable but I did mess around a little in between typing the interlude.  I'm gonna type a segue to the second post (the one I reserved) explaining what I was doing while typing the last interlude as I think it's an appropriate change of pace for the story and deserves to have that clean break. Should be up very soon.

EDIT: It's up!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:12 pm

You need more co-op!  Seriously, playing through these games solo is fun, but like any great work of art they can only be fully appreciated in the company of others.  Together you will see more and have better experiences than you ever will alone -- the games were designed this way.  The fights are better, the magic more impressive, the shenanigans more shenanigany.  Another great aspect is you can run an area 50 times and then play with someone who does it completely differently -- I was recently fortunate enough to coop through 3-1 a few times with someone on the forum who just rolls right through the arrow machine volleys and turns it off from the front like it ain't no thang.  Needlessly pro?  Yes.  Awesome?  Oh hells yeah.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:21 pm

I was recently fortunate enough to coop through 3-1 a few times with someone on the forum who just rolls right through the arrow machine volleys and turns it off from the front like it ain't no thang.  Needlessly pro?  Yes.  Awesome?  Oh hells yeah.

I did this on my very first playthrough, after 2 failed attempts (1st doesn't count IMO because I didn't know what to expect lol so we could even call it 1 failure).  I wasn't trying to be pro though; I literally though the game expected you to do this.  My sister had built it up as an immensely hard game, and considering my level and that the earlier enemies in the level could 1 or stun 2-shot me if I wasn't careful, rolling through the arrows actually seems easier by comparison since they literally never do something unexpected.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:39 pm

I tried it that way a bunch of times my first playthrough and always croaked, and had just assumed from there that it wasn't possible because I figured if I even made it through the arrows, the wheel spike things blocked off the sides and wouldn't let you past to turn it off anyway.  I didn't learn otherwise until over 3 years later, which may be just a commentary on my own casul status, but still pretty fun.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:54 pm

befowler wrote:You need more co-op!  Seriously, playing through these games solo is fun, but like any great work of art they can only be fully appreciated in the company of others.  Together you will see more and have better experiences than you ever will alone -- the games were designed this way.  The fights are better, the magic more impressive, the shenanigans more shenanigany.  Another great aspect is you can run an area 50 times and then play with someone who does it completely differently -- I was recently fortunate enough to coop through 3-1 a few times with someone on the forum who just rolls right through the arrow machine volleys and turns it off from the front like it ain't no thang.  Needlessly pro?  Yes.  Awesome?  Oh hells yeah.
    Don't tell me you were the random who summoned me and FinPeku last night? O_O
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Befowler, I plan on more online play for sure. Maybe even a duel night. That would likely lead to some funny disastrous outcomes for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:12 am