Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Reaperfan
Undiscovery
Dogwelder
Saturday-Saint
skarekrow13
twigsterxd
Hue
Derpwraith
Sentiel
13 posters

Lore Reason for Black Phantoms?

VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Lore Reason for Black Phantoms? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lore Reason for Black Phantoms?

Post by VaDoom Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:01 am

I think you mean the stone from 2-2.
    And I don't think you're right happy. I killed two player's BP yesterday in like 10 min in the same world/level. Both were invaders (not summoned), one gave me the first message, the other the second one.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Lore Reason for Black Phantoms? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lore Reason for Black Phantoms?

Post by Walter_White Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:52 am

killed with bleeding, poison, plague, evironment?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:06 am

VaDoom wrote:I think you mean the stone from 2-2.
    And I don't think you're right happy. I killed two player's BP yesterday in like 10 min in the same world/level. Both were invaders (not summoned), one gave me the first message, the other the second one.

Sorry I messed up. The stone isn't necessarily from anywhere, it's just dropped from the first BP NPC you kill happy I go 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 etc so I'd get it from 3-1 first.

I had no idea if I was right, i was blindly guessing since i dont know silly
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:14 am

@Serious, I just learned something... Seems like my first BP kill has always been 2-2... And it's not like my first playthrough was yesterday...
    Yes, I know you were just guessing and I just answered like I didn't know happy

@Walter. Both killed the "normal way", with a crescent falchion +4 in the chest, in yesterday's case. The older cases, I don't remember. I'll ask the next one weither he is NG+ or not, after choosing the bad ending. I think it might be related to that.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:34 am

Crescent Falcion still inflicts bleeding - and it's a difference if the host/invader dies to bleeding or from a direct hit. The killing blow counts.

I did some invasion yesterday and had every case.
    Host killed me through bleeding - i got soul drained, like dying to environment
    Host killed me through kicking down - i got soul drained, it was an environment kill

I killed host with bleeding or poison (mercury uchi and kilij dual wiled, harharhar) - didn't got my push to PBCT
    I killed host with kicking down (Crescent Axe is great for that) - didn't got my push to PBCT

Finnaly i started to use my dual wield dragon+5 Knight Swords and stopped kicking down to get my PBCT and at last Mephistopheles appeared ;-)

The messages are different if you die/kill with a direct hit, or with any other cause.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:55 am

So it might be that, but I don't remember killing neither of them through bleeding.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:55 am

the last hp counts, perhaps you inflicted bleeding with the last hit you did, he had 1 hp left after that hit, but bleeding came and took the last hp -> environment kill
    The dying animations differs in that case and no CT change will happen.

So, if you intend to achieve PWCT or PBCT don't go with bleeding/poison/plague weapons out for a kill and don't kick em down

...yesterday some hosts jumped to death, when starting to lose to not give me my PBCT boost twistedevil
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Still play Demons? I hardly find any players. Only see summon signs in Shadowmen Shrine. And I just get invaded by the same two arses in 1-3 and 1-4. Both fairly easy, one just likes to d1ck around knock you down with storm ruler than acid your ****.. Needless to say they still ate my dragonbone smasher.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:00 pm

blue signs you find anywhere (even in 5-2) with the correct SL - you need to be low @30-40
    Invading works best in 4-1 or 4-2 with sl around 30-40
    Old Monk is still active with any SL below 130
    SL 120 PvP still in 4-1, pretty much traffic on weekends

The next thing i explore is PvP around 50-60, i should get some in NG+

After PSN and even more after PS+ Release in EU there was really very much traffic. Had nights where every Invasion worked, and i did around 20 in a row.
    Yesterday it was a bit slower, 4-1 dead with SL32, 4-2 every 2nd-3rd worked, but in the late hours i got someone 5x (he died to the 1st reaper 3x, and i killed him 2x) and it was boring to watch him dying to the reaper, or kill him without any danger
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Part of my mod involves Sage Freke offering the player sorceries in return for Demon's Souls to conduct research. I find it interesting that Saint Urbain offers miracles for Demon's Souls as well? Why does he want Demon's Souls if he believes that they are the source of evil? What is he using them for?

EDIT: I looked at his dialogue: "If you wish for benevolent protection in your fight against the demons, then bring me Demon Souls. I will cleanse them, and perform a miracle with their power."
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Interestingly to note, the magic schools in DeS are all akin to the Old One as referenced by the ToB, the difference is how they're manifested as told by both Freke and Yuria. Sorceries used by Knowledge/Thought; converting Demon Souls into Human Potential, a rework of the power. Witch Craft used by Emotion; channeling the power of Demon Souls directly. And Miracles used by Belief, or by a mental trinity standpoint, feeling; 'cleansing' Demon Souls converting them into a countersign of it's power.

I also like how Freke goes mad and says to not lull the Old One to keep the Soul Artes. While Saint Urbain freaks because it sounds like his god.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm