Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Undiscovery
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
twigsterxd
passivefamiliar
8 posters

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Weapon Replicas (or sturdy ones)

chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Weapon Replicas (or sturdy ones) Empty Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Weapon Replicas (or sturdy ones)

Post by chaos4ever181 Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:43 pm

This maybe my craziest thought yet. Ever since I saw this one guy on Da make statues of Dark souls NPCs and bosses, selling them to people who have an interest in this sort of thing.  Is truly possible for someone/some-people to make replicas (cheap or truly sturdy ones if preferred) of some of the rare weapons in Demon's Souls/Dark Souls (more favorable to Demon's Souls). I don't know how this might be possible, but if it were possible, is it possible to get the following weapons replicated?

1. Demonbrandt

2. Soulbrandt

3. Magic sword "Makoto"

4. Blueblood sword

5. Chaos Blade

6. Northern Regalia

7. Morion Blade

8. Penetrating sword lol 

9. Storm Ruler
    Note: I don't want ANY of these weapons (as of now), I just want to know if crafting these weapons in real life is possible, or if anyone knows a good blacksmith that takes requests. 

You can also leave a reply/comment on what weapon, armor, item, or shield that you want to be made real (as a what if/if it's possible sort  of thing to pass along to a requester thumbs up).
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Weapon Replicas (or sturdy ones) Empty Re: Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Weapon Replicas (or sturdy ones)

Post by Undiscovery Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:02 pm

I know it can be done but I don't know who'd do it for you or where to look but it'd be righteous. I'd like a Dragon Bone Smasher, Moonlight Greatsword, Meat Cleaver twisted . Rune Sword and Rune Shield as well as Adjudicators! //Makoto..
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Weapon Replicas (or sturdy ones) Empty Re: Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Weapon Replicas (or sturdy ones)

Post by passivefamiliar Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm4Ck6bD2_0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

i dont link often so i hope that works. this guy does exactly that. he makes special weapons.

thats a link to him making a thundercats sword. he has done a keyblade, the buster sword. ninja turtles sai weapons and a bunch of other stuff.

not sure he takes personal requests specifically, but its worth a look. 

id like a real life demons weapon...but to pick one would be tough. the rune sword/shield combo comes to mind only due to its truly unique nature. but...its a hard call. not like i'd have the money anyway. 

id like to have bought a few of those statues you mentioned to. but i just cant afford it. maybe if i cut my AC off for a week or two but my wife wouldnt be to keen on that idea. priorites blow.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 pm

I can't check that link but keep in mind if you find anything, the person you deal with must have a contract that allows him to produce these items. If he makes them illegally, and gets caught, you could also be charged for owning them if FROM or whomever owns the rights to the designs.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:23 pm

I WANT A SERVER! that smexy gold inlay serpent along the blade, the notched patten along the back edge and that curve!:bas:
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 am

Or Furysword with Lava Bow. Be looking like the arachnidemon slayer.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:22 pm

The biggest problem for most of these weapons will be making them them into "sturdy" versions without becoming prohibitively expensive and/or absurdly heavy.  Some of these I think are easy to see why.  The Demon/Soul/Northern Regalia would be insanely heavy for obvious reasons.  Storm Ruler too.  They'd also share a problem with the "lighter" Blueblood and Penetrating sword.  

They'd all need to be forged from one piece of material or the blade would snap off the handle pretty easily.  From a realism standpoint, every single one of these weapons you mentioned are exceedingly blade heavy.  For a comparison, my uncle knows a guy who forges custom weapons from wrought iron.  They're a little heavier than steel but it's a lot cheaper to make, easier and there's no question of them being "sturdy."  I have a battle ax that will easily chop wood for instance that's a custom from this guy.  I used to have a claymore from the same guy (my brother has it now) that is gigantic by "real weapons" standards.  Estimating from the penetrating sword's size it's about the same blade width and thickness. The handles are similar in size (length, diameter, etc.).  The handguard on that sword were made from old survival knife blades (looked cool as hell) and might be a little lighter than the decorative penetrating sword's.  However, the blade is only about two thirds of the length.  That sword clocked in at 10lbs which seems light but is actually crazy heavy.  My battle ax I mentioned has a very wide blade, some cut outs to make it light enough to use and is still as heavy as a small splitting maul (15lbs).  A splitting maul for battle purposes for a normal human has a swing speed (and more important a recovery speed) about equal to Grant or Smough's Hammer's in my experience.  Basically, it's not for most people.  My battle ax is usable for me primarily because of the shortened handle compared to a maul meaning I can use improved technique to maintain momentum bringing it back around.  

Anyway, long explanation aside, the penetrating sword is one of the lightest you mention and that would be well over the 10lbs mark, mostly in the blade.  My claymore had the benefit of a very large weld point between two very strong pieces (blade and handle) and a poor swing would still give the impression the blade could snap off if mishandled.  

So basically, the lighter straight swords (penetrating and blueblood) would be possible but extremely heavy and require a lot of care in building.  AKA....."expensive as hell."  The alternative would be to sacrifice material quality and sturdiness.  Now back to the beginning and think of how heavy a solid chunk of steel or iron would be with say, Northern Regalia.  Similar length to Blueblood but much wider.  Much thicker.  While possible to build, you're not hanging that on my wall.  

Makoto is the most reasonable and could likely be produced relatively cheaply and still be sturdy.  It's a little long for the sword type but it's not actually crazy.  The thinner blade style helps with the blade's weight. That type of sword is more often manufactured as a single piece of steel as well with the handle being maybe just a little thinner to accommodate the grip.  The tricky part there would be finding the right type of steel to give it the right look of age without actually rusting.  The intricacies of the notches on the sword would be a big factor too.  A cheaper manufacturer could still make the notches but they'd look cheap.  A careful manufacturer could make them look awesome.  In all instances of that sword though it might be fun to swing around but the blade will be fragile.  Notches are never a good thing.  

Another fun fact just to toss in there.  My brother sometimes has the ability to obtain scrap steel at work.  He made a pair of claymores from 1/2" steel and about the size I described of the wrought iron one earlier.  That one has about 1/4" or thereabouts thickness on the blade.  The Blueblood sword would be similar size to what he made (thickness, width of blade is closer to penetrating sword).  He notched the blade for looks. There are hole drilled to reduce weight.  They are nowhere near the size of Storm Ruler or the Brandts let alone Northern Regalia.  You might look at what he made and say to yourself, "those are interesting weapons."  But I'll be absolutely clear.  These are not weapons.  Not for a human anyway.  If you're strong you might get one swing in that will be telegraphed and you will be killed before you can recover with them.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:25 pm

I think a crystal ring shield to hang on my wall would be cool...

Also the badass as hell sword of searching, though i know these two requests would be obscenely hard if not impossible to make silly
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:35 pm

I just recently got shown a guy who does this kind of stuff on youtube. I don't know the requirements to get him to actually do something, but it couldn't hurt to flood him with requests silly

(though I think we'd need to agree on one and pinpoint it as a group for most chance of success)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:20 pm

We should get him to make a ban hammer.
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:22 pm

I think what I forgot to add was that if it were possible to make a "sturdy" version of these replicas, it doesn't really have to be 100% accurate like "OMG looks exactly how it looks in-game" silly 

I see what your saying skarkrow, not a lot of fantasy weapons are easy to forge to the exact degree (except that one Buster Sword replica, but that's beside the point). The Northern Regaila and/or Blueblood sword would HAVE to be scaled down or downsized to make it look/feels like it did in-game and not feel just as heavy, cumbersome, and tedious to weild in real life. I personally don't want to see the Dragon Bone Smasher be forged and see some 90lb. weaklings try to lift it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:31 pm

lol, the DBS would be a bit more than 90 lbs I think
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Serious_Much wrote:lol, the DBS would be a bit more than 90 lbs I think

I was mentioning the people, not the DBS. "90lb weakling" is a phrase for someone who is at decent weight not too heavy or overweight, but has little to no muscle to lift normally heavy objects.
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:18 pm

I think from what info I have so far, I'll probably post up a new thread with a poll on what weapon that the AweMe channel will make. Yay or nay to new thread with a poll?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:35 pm

chaos4ever181 wrote:I think from what info I have so far, I'll probably post up a new thread with a poll on what weapon that the AweMe channel will make. Yay or nay to new thread with a poll?

Let's use this thread to discuss what weapons we should vote on first. That way we don't just have a list of every possible weapon or whatever. Make nominations for the poll and all.

I nominate the Rune Sword from Demon's Souls.
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    chaos4ever181 wrote:I think from what info I have so far, I'll probably post up a new thread with a poll on what weapon that the AweMe channel will make. Yay or nay to new thread with a poll?

Let's use this thread to discuss what weapons we should vote on first.  That way we don't just have a list of every possible weapon or whatever.  Make nominations for the poll and all.

I nominate the Rune Sword from Demon's Souls.

I knew it would come to this. I think for the best we narrow it down to 3-4 choices that way it won't be much clutter.

It's hard to choose, I'm honestly conflicted. For me it's either the Northern Regalia(or both separate swords if possible) The Chaos Blade from Dark Souls, or the Magic Sword "Makoto" (because katanas are awesome Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Weapon Replicas (or sturdy ones) 2640184516)

I'll have to think about it for a while. I should have an answer tonight hopefully.
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Alright, made my decision:

I nominate the Northern Regalia from Demon's Souls.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:14 pm

Moonlight sword is simply a MUST if at all possible. It is FROM SOFT's trademark weapon.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:02 pm

^That's true. They even have their giant robots use it. I prefer long range missiles and close in with rapid fire guns but I hear the blades can be effective.
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:41 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:^That's true.  They even have their giant robots use it.  I prefer long range missiles and close in with rapid fire guns but I hear the blades can be effective.  

Dude everyone knows in gun/missle combat, melee-slicing is one-hit 1337. xD
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:10 pm

So let's see what we have so far for Nominations:

1. Rune sword
    2. Northern Regaila
    3. Moonlight Greatsword (isn't the blade transparent, don't know how the whole sword could be made. Unless it would have to be scaled down a little like the Northern Regaila)

I think we have room for one more. Any other nominations before we do a poll?

Edit: While I have plausible weapons in my mind, @skarekrow, would a scaled down battle ready Divine Artoria's sword be possible to make as well?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 pm

That's a pretty plausible one scaled down actually. Apart from the guard and decorative features it's pretty standard. A little blade heavy (for fantasy) but I think it wouldn't be too bad to make the handle strong enough. A resin guard or decorations would likely come into play to make it lighter but that's typical of fantasy designs. As long as the underlying steel is good it'd be battle ready
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:33 pm

There are many other crystalline/glass routes you could take for it, I wouldn't know the logistics off-hand. Maybe Cubic zirconia? Haha.
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:19 pm

So we have so far once again:

1. Rune Sword-Demon's Souls

2. Northern Regalia scaled down a little for battle readiness-Demon's Souls (My nomination)

3. Moonlight Greatsword-Any Fromsoft game (in this case the Souls games)

4. ?Divine Artoria's Greatsword scaled down a little for battle readiness? (this was my suggestion for possibility. Feel free to replace #4 with something else)

Any last takers for #4? This will be the last time before I post a poll thread on which weapon/item shall be made by the prop man at the AweMe Channel tomorrow. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNKcMBYP_-18FLgk4BYGtfw.

It's now or never to make a final nomination.

Edit 4:10pm- 4. Manus Staff-Dark Souls
    By later tonight or tomorrow I should have a decent poll ready. Any last comments?

Last edited by chaos4ever181 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Manus Staff would be cool and easy for misc replica. I'd like to see one of the spider-weapons as a replica; Furysword (DkS) or Lava Bow (DeS)

Those are some if no one else has any.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 am