Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Emergence
Hart
Acarnatia
Soul of Stray Demon
PlasticandRage
Sentiel
GenericUsername
aceluby
Derpwraith
Jester's Tears
GrinTwist
Hue
nsane32
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
FAMISIL1
19 posters

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen - Page 7 Empty Re: Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:39 am

It kept turning my pawns to stone and I didn't have any items to take care of it because I hadn't been to an inn since the Encampment, because the first time you enter Gran Soren in post game they don't let you go anywhere other than the Keep. By cut off its tentacles do you mean the ones that protrude from the ground or the ones growing off it? Because I tried to attack it a bunch of times and my attacks kept bouncing off. I think I managed to lop off one at one point, but I'm not sure what I did differently there from the other attacks. At any rate I don't plan on trying again in the very near future. I'm doing some world exploration before I go back to the Everfall, which I'm assuming is the true end of the game.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:53 am

I didn't know Evil Eye can petrify you. Well I never fought for longer than a minute at best, so it never had a chance to show what it does.
    If you have a bow, you can shoot the tentacles on it's body, but it's safer and probably faster to cut those tentacles that sprout from the ground. Do it long enough and Evil Eye will fall down and open it's mouth. Attack it's eye at that moment.

In Everfall, you will be asked to gather 20 Wakestones. It may sound hard at first, but many enemies drop Wakestones, or Shards in Everfall and if you manage to gather all three Dragon Orbs from killing post game dragonkin you can raise the odds of enemies dropping rare stuff, Wakestones included. If you manage to kill Ur-Dragon, it drops all of the 20 Wakestones at once. 
    After you gather the Wakestones, give them to Quince, the NPC that gives you this quest and path to the final battle will open.

A good thing to note is that Wakestone farming is the best source of cash in the game, especially farming Ur-Dragon once you learn how to kill it. With the skill that raises the price of items you sell by 20% (can be stacked if you have it on pawns as well), you can swim in millions in a few hours. big grin
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:18 am

Sentiel wrote:A good thing to note is that Wakestone farming is the best source of cash in the game, especially farming Ur-Dragon once you learn how to kill it. With the skill that raises the price of items you sell by 20% (can be stacked if you have it on pawns as well), you can swim in millions in a few hours. big grin
    Not really sure how much that helps, I made millions just regularly playing through the game and I really don't have anything to spend it on.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:05 pm

I had a ton of money, but I'm pretty broke now because I was duplicating rare materials, like dragon drops. I've been finding a lot of useless rings in the Everfell, along with just post-game in general, and they're worth more than the Wakestones.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:48 pm

I was thinking of buying a bunch of empty flasks and filling them up with this healing spring I found. I filled up one and it healed me and my party a bunch. Is there a downside to carrying like 50 of them at once?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:31 pm

They're a little heavier than most healing items. Items in the Greenwarish family are around .25, and Spring Waters are around .50 I think. It doesn't seem like much but it can add up, and you'll find yourself having to do a lot more weight management out in the field if you carry a ton. I usually carry between 5 and 10 at all times depending on what I'm doing.

That also depends on what class you are. If you were a magic class, or a strider type class then your weight might not matter as much because you'd be carrying lighter equipment anyway, but me, for example, I'm playing as an MK right now, so my armor and weapons are heavier, and that 5 extra pounds here and there can make the difference between average weight/speed, and heavy weight/speed.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:36 pm

But it heals all of my pawns too, so I just give it to them and not worry much. I keep letting them die because I don't notice them being low.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:56 pm

I load my pawns up w/ them.  I don't even worry about healing while they have them.  I give them like 50 a piece and hold on to 10 or so for myself, though my pawns will stop filling their own once they have 10 which is a PITA
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:44 pm

I guess you could do that. I tend to give my pawns things that are worth a lot less than that. I'm in post game and I'm still giving them Greenwarishes and Potent Greenwarishes. They burn through items so I just give them cheap stuff. I tend to try to get by on the cheapest items possible myself in general too though. I can't help it. I'm a throw back to earlier rpg days, where you grind for days and stockpile everything you can for as long as humanly possible because times were usually less forgiving.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:50 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:They burn through items so I just give them cheap stuff.
    Pawn: Oh, what's this, I am soaked to the bone! Better use a Clean Cloth. [steps ankle-deep into water again after drying out] Would you look at that, I'm wet again! Better use another Clean Cloth, etc...
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:55 pm

I stopped giving mine interventives and panaceas for that very reason
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:00 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:They burn through items so I just give them cheap stuff.
    Pawn: Oh, what's this, I am soaked to the bone! Better use a Clean Cloth. [steps ankle-deep into water again after drying out] Would you look at that, I'm wet again! Better use another Clean Cloth, etc...
    I watched my pawn stand in a knee deep pond and waste 100 Clean Cloths in under a minute like this. Then I threw her off a cliff.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:04 pm

so, just how are supposed to be of help then?
    Oh, took down a chimera first time, I was told it would be difficult to do, but nope, I did along with goblins and harpies attacking me at the same time.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:59 pm

How are what supposed to be of help?

What's a good cheap/easy to come by stamina replenishment item? I just got Holy Glare, and I'd like to keep it equipped, but my pawns are just destroying my stores of stamina items. Every time I use it they empty their inventories afterwards to replenish their stamina. I've been using mushrooms and large mushrooms, but no venders seem to carry large amounts of them at once, and it's a pain in the behind to try to farm them in the forest every other game day. Any ideas of what might work better? I'm thinking maybe even a group stamina replenish item for me to carry and just use after each cast? Anything that does that?
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:02 am

The one wealthy dude in the yellow robes sells a thing called a Mushroom Potage.  Good stamina recovery to the whole party.  Although you might need to farm for the money, idk how rich you are in game
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:17 am

Fournival? In Gran Soren?

I just looked on the wiki and I was actually thinking about trying to craft some Mushroom Potages. It's 2 kinds of mushrooms that are pretty common in 2 different spots. I already have like 100 of one of them, so I'd just have to go farm the other.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:27 am

For stamina, I normally just bought a lot of mushrooms from the merchant at Cassardis. They sell them relatively cheap there, I think I was able to get 25-50 for 3,000. Unless I read it wrong.

Also is Dark Arisen worth getting?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:31 am

It was for me, but then again I didn't buy the original base game so I cannot say if it would be worth it for you.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:40 am

mushrooms and large mushrooms are what I was doing, but at each cast of this spell each of my pawns are using around 10 a piece. That's 30 per cast. I need something more efficient.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:37 am

Stamina recovey:
    You can buy Large Mushrooms from the two girls next to Caxton in Gran Soren.
    You can buy Mushroom Potage from Fournival, but it's heavy and expensive. Also requires Fournival to be free, in case you sent him to jail.
    You can buy Pickled Mushrooms from Iola in Cassardis and farm Giant Fish in Bloodwater Beach and combine them to make Liquid Vim. That's what I use.

Dark Arisen is worth it gameplay wise. It gives you a new location, new gear and new skills. The location is very Souls-like and difficult. However if you have the vanila game, the DLC isn't worth it financially, because it has the same price as the disc version, which includes the original game as well and every other DLC to boot.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:02 am

I was thinking about using liquid vim. I have quite a few of them, but will the pawns use them correctly?

The mushrooms aren't working very well or I'd just keep doing that. I'm continuing to do it for myself, because I can manage refilling my stamina smartly, but my pawns aren't. At least not with Holy Glare. Most venders sell them, and they are cheap, but at least most of them only sell limited amounts, like 10ish, which just isn't going to cut it. I'm sticking with the potage I think. That's working better than anything else I've tried. Cast the spell, then pop a potage right after the final blast and the problem is solved. I'll probably keep giving them mushrooms too, but I can just carry maybe 5 or 10 patages on top of it and that'd be plenty. It's not like I'm casting the spell in every encounter anyway. It's a shame that Stone Forest isn't better. It does pretty much the same thing, personal range AoE, but it doesn't drain the party's stamina afterwards. It just takes forever to cast, and takes up a sword/mace slot, whereas Holy Glare is something good to allocate to your shield, which only has a handful of things that are useful.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:14 am

Pawns? Lol! Forget about pawns mate. They're good only as a distraction and to carry your stuff.
    Unless they use something that depletes their entire Stamina, they will never run out.

Liquid Vim is super usefull when you spam something like the Great Cannon combo, Tenfold Flurry, or try to cling to something annoying, like a Thunderwyvern. Other than that, Large Mushrooms are enough to always push you back from the 0 Stamina, so you can use another skill and then eat a shroom again. It's a pita to go to the menus after every attack, but it's the most item efficient way, especially if you use skills that eat a lot of Stamina, like high tier sorceries.

Holy Glare is a weaker version of Holy Furor I assume?
    Apart from aesthetics, why are you even using it?
    The thing takes a year to cast, fixes you in a place and depletes your entire party's Stamina.
    I mean, yeah, if I got surround by a flock of Strigoi, or Succubi, then it's a good way to deal with them all, but you don't have to worry about that happening in vanila DD.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:44 pm

I think this is another case of responding to a question you didn't read first. My stamina isn't a problem. My issue is when I use Holy Glare, which yes is the initial version of Holy Furor, it drains the stamina of all in the party, and the result is that my pawns empty their whole stores of items to restore themselves. It wasn't a problem before I started using Holy Glare, but I'd like to keep using it because I've basically been filling my last shield slot with whatever because there wasn't really anything good for that third slot, so why not use a big personal range AoE blast? I like it, so I'm going to use it. That's why. I was using Demonswrath, which really is useless. It does hardly any damage at all even if you perfect block like 5 times before releasing the blast, so I'm not using it anymore, and it seems silly to allocate more than one trance at a time when Holy is doing everything I need a trance to do in post game. I also think that the reposts and Holy Wall are fairly useless. So Holy Glare/Furor it is. I'm going to continue using mushroom variants for normal stamina regen I think, but it just makes the most sense to carry a group restore if I'm using this spell.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:53 pm

Do enemies and chests in the Everfell respawn? I'm getting nothing but wakestone shards out of chests. I'm on I think the 6th floor down and I've only got one piece of equipment, and it's not even very good. I'm thinking about doing what Sentiel said and just selling all my wakestones and using the money to buy equipment from the vender down in the Chamber of Remorse. I might as well get some good equips if the chests aren't yielding any for me. I just want to make sure I can continue getting wakestones from respawning enemies if I'm going to be selling mine.

Also, do either of the Hydra's respawn? I've killed both now and I'd love to keep getting the materials they drop by fighting them again. Holy Furor is incredible against them BTW. I tucked myself in as close as I could to the bases of the necks of the one in the Everfell and cast it twice and it died.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:29 pm

Yeah, pretty much everything respawns, that goes for the Hydra too (Archydra, as well) now the problem you may be having with regards to the loot may just be down to bad luck, honestly. What is found in the chests and such is percentage-based, now a chest may have a 3% to have some amazing armor but it is only that 3%, otherwise maybe it'll have a Wakestone or some Harspud Sauce. Now, if you don't mind ruining the surprises, you can look up online what each chest may hold but honestly that lessens the fun, I would only do that if I were desperate for one particular item.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 am