Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Emergence
Hart
Acarnatia
Soul of Stray Demon
PlasticandRage
Sentiel
GenericUsername
aceluby
Derpwraith
Jester's Tears
GrinTwist
Hue
nsane32
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
FAMISIL1
19 posters

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen - Page 8 Empty Re: Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

Post by Sentiel Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:29 am

Everything respawns, but it takes different amount of days for it to do so.
    Everfall has ridiculously low drops of 3% and lower. People often use Godsbane in front of chests to suicide several times before the chest gives them the drop they want.

With the exception of Dragonsblood, which is a ring that grants 25% immunity against ALL negative effects, all of the Everfall gear is overshadowed by BBI gear. So, if possible, farm some Wakestones, buy all the best gear the Everfall vendor has, dragonforge it and go tackle BBI.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Everfall has ridiculously low drops of 3% and lower. People often use Godsbane in front of chests to suicide several times before the chest gives them the drop they want.
    Is this faster than just saving before you open the chest, quitting without saving, then reloading? Because I've certainly done plenty of that in other places.

I don't have BBI. I'm not even sure I'm getting it or not. I'm pretty sure if I did I wouldn't be using this character there anyway though. I don't plan on picking it up right away, and I like to make new characters for things like that, in order to try new approaches and builds
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 pm

Truth be told, it's not necessary in the first place. Grigori weapons are enough to take you safely through whole Everfall. The only reason to bother with Everfall weapons, other than being a completionist is to have a better fighting chance against Ur-Dragon.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Wow. The Godsbane is WAAAAAY faster.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:47 am

I think the first room of the Chamber of Fate is the hardest battle I've fought yet. I'm using a map now, because I started to get scared that I was going to finish the game by mistake without finishing up everything I want to finish up first, so I'm also seeing the possible enemy spawns. The Drake and Harpies would have been cake compared to the group I got. I fought a Chimera, a Gorechimera, a Lich, and just a ton of Hellhounds. It was nuts. The two Chimeras and the Hellhounds just swarm you and every time you fall you get dragged away immediately. I made it through with all my pawns intact, but just barely.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:01 am

Yeah, that one was tough. What I did was I got rid of the Chimera first since it's pretty easy to kill, then I focused on the Lich and his hellhounds (not easy) and then once the Gorechimera was by itself it became easy.

I learned the hard way that you shouldn't try to fight them all at once.RIP in Peace. 
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:10 am

Yeah I sorta followed the same tactic. I killed the Chimera first, but then I went for the Gorechimera and while I was killing it my pawns were killing the Lich. At least I assume that's what happened because it fell dead right near me just as I was landing the killing blows on the Gorechimera. They worked amazingly well together. The two Chimeras and the Hellhounds are all really good at knocking you down, and knocking down off of the Chimeras, between the Hellhound's fireballs and the Chimera's roars, and the Lich would just fly around and cast spells on top of you while you were trying to deal with them, and continue summoning endless Hellhounds. Everything about it was rough.

Now that I'm towards the end of the game, I have to say that I'm not a fan of the random chest loot thing. I could see doing it with some chests, or even most chests, but it's pretty rough that they don't reward you with good equipment as set chest items at all. It pretty much means that you could run through the entire Everfall and not get a single equip if luck was against you. So far I've only gotten maybe 5 things, out of like 20 chests, and the majority of them have been heavy helms, so it's not like I'll be using all of them either, and it's just irritating feeling like I have to cheat the game in order to get good things in the final dungeon. It's dumb. Don't get me wrong. I've enjoyed the game as a whole, but now that I'm at the end, and I've experienced the brunt of some of their extremely poorly implemented systems, I have to say that Capcom should stick to what they're good at, like fighting games and action games, and leave RPG's to the professionals.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:37 am

That fight is probably the toughest in the vanila game.
    I went for the Lich first, because the Hellhounds are it's spawns and as such it will summon other Hellhounds if you kill the current ones. Learned that the hard way.
    Chimeras are no problem and for some reason, they always leave me alone and go for my pawns.

Doing the fight solo is completely different story.
    I killed normal Chimera immediately and weakened the Gorechimera so that Lich goes to heal it, while I kill Hellhounds. Then it's Lich's turn before it manages to summon more Hellhounds and lastly finish the Chimera.

Any other way ended up in me spamming Masterful Kill until Hellhounds started to fireball spam me. big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:27 pm

I had a feeling that Lich was healing the Gorechimera. I wasn't positive, but I kept getting thrown off, then when I'd manage to get myself away from the Hellhounds and get back on it it'd seem like he'd been healed. Little bastard Lich
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Yeah enemies can heal themselves as well. They cast the same spell as the player, or pawns do, but instead of green, it's red. Can't miss it really.
    It won't heal, nor damage you, or your pawns.

On the contrary, you can actually use your own healing spells to damage undead enemies.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:50 pm

I didn't realize you could do that in this game either. That's good to know. Although I guess with this build it doesn't make much of a difference. I doubt my pawns will be doing it and I don't have any healing spells myself.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Well, if you have a melee Arisen and you're getting healed by a spell, all undead that come into that spell to attack you will receive damage, while the spell heals you. That's actually very useful to have, especially early on, when you can easily get swarmed in places like The Abbey, Catacombs etc.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:23 am

What level are you guys as you take on the Everfall?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:59 pm

I was 70ish when I first went in but then I decided to do BBI instead and that pumped me up to over 100.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:18 pm

Oh, I'm at like level 50.  So is there an end to the Everfall, or is it just a postgame world w/ harder enemies?  I think I'm supposed to be helping someone, but I don't have a quest...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:19 pm

There is a quest, you're supposed to be killing the guy you play as in the tutorial.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm

You have to collect 20 wakestones from within the Everfall. It's not all too hard as a lot of the enemies that you fight will drop them often. Depending on how you fight it might take around 45 minutes to an hour and a half.

Also, you can get more quests from NPC's post-game too.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:37 am

I think I was around 60, or 70 when I went to Everfall. I cleared the place, every room, every enemy, but didn't bother with chests. Then I went straight to BBI. Later on, I traded BBI stuff for Everfall stuff, which is a lot faster than chest farming.

In BBI levels jump at you like nothing. I think that when I killed Death on my first visit, it skyrocketed me from 90-ish to above 100. Enemies drop a large amounts of EXP in there, even without EXP boosts. After my first run ended I left BBI with level around 150 and went to 200 on the second run (now with boosts on bosses).
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:45 am

Welp, I finally got the platinum trophy for Dark Arisen. Dudes currently level 104, at postgame, current quest is the fetch mission for Quinn... playthrough 3 IIRC. Not sure if I'm going to finish this playthrough or not ATM.

Thought I'd bump this to see what builds/stat spreads you guys prefer, as I'm going to start a new character on another account and test some different ones out.

Also, and apologies if this is a repost but theres a nice stat calculator here if anyones interested.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Since this has emerged as the DD thread, I couldn't bear the misspelled topic title any further. Fixed.

Also I'm currently dloading Dark Arisen which is free for Plus this month. Looking forward to importing my old save. I'm currently running up and down the everfall at lvl 44 which seems to be underleveled. I'm doing ok at the moment and have managed to repel the online Ur-Dragon 9 times. I love the post game world feel and have resisted rolling over to a new game but I really do want to make a plat run. I'll be making use of Grin's plat guide on Fextralife for sure. I'm a bit nervous about BB isle at this present level...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:21 pm

So this game dropped on Plus at a bad time for me.  Only nine days before PS4 hits and I'm having fun  with inFamous 2.  Should I drop everything and play this now?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:40 pm

It's a really really really good game. One of my recent top ones.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Level forty-... I was always over that just by the time I got anywhere near Grigori. (the Dragon) I think the lowest I ever took him on at was somewhere in the mid-sixties. That's because I did so many extra quests and backrunning, though, not intentional level grinding.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:56 pm

So I decided to play this last night instead of inFamous 2. Only problem is that I started installing it at 10:00pm and I had to leave it on when I went to bed to finish.

For those curious, I went to bed at 1:00am and set an alarm at 3:00am to check on it. It finished sometime between then. Yeeesh
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:12 am

Emergence wrote:It's a really really really good game.  One of my recent top ones.
    I have the original (not played it yet).  Should I get the Dark Arisen version or is the original still great?  I picked it up used right before the DA version came out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:42 am