Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
ViralEnsign_
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
6 posters

I'm bored.... who wants to do a worlds greatest warrior FC?

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

I'm bored.... who wants to do a worlds greatest warrior FC? Empty I'm bored.... who wants to do a worlds greatest warrior FC?

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:25 am

Simple idea. Make a themed build about some real historical warrior figure or type of soldier, meet in the PW, and fight it out to find out which soldier is the ultimate one.

SL35< to get some good long fights with no armour or weapons upgraded.

Like the old Bushido event we held about six months back this is a matter of honour!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

I'm bored.... who wants to do a worlds greatest warrior FC? Empty Re: I'm bored.... who wants to do a worlds greatest warrior FC?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:30 am

You should make people submit their builds first to make sure it is an acceptable copy, otherwise it turns into a madhouse.

But yeah, count me in.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I'm bored.... who wants to do a worlds greatest warrior FC? Empty Re: I'm bored.... who wants to do a worlds greatest warrior FC?

Post by StiffNipples Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:00 am

Yeah definitely have people post their builds, we did a cosplay tourney ages ago over on r/darksoulspvp and there were people there that seemed to think Ornstein used pyros and the Grass Crest Shield, amongst other alterations  Look Skyward 

Not sure how you'd mimic old warriors, do you just keep it to Longsword, Halberd, Rapier, Zwei sort of thing, with no magic or pyros?

Also I'm in, can host on PC, keen for low level unupgraded fights, used to do it back on PS3 (have starter gear fights in the Burg), was great fun.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:00 am

Yup I'll run it like the ninja samurai tourney we had a while ago

For those of you who remember look down memory lane , for those who don't this was it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rQVtQnsQLs
    Dr__Awkward
    Dr__Awkward
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dr__Awkward Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:23 am

like the deadliest warrior, but dark souls version. I like it. I'm in.

William Wallace for sure.  FREEEEDOMMM
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:33 pm

Console and general build guidelines? This sounds like it'd be great fun, good to break from min/max.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:13 pm

SL50-55? (everyone should have one of those right?)  

No magics, no upgrades?
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:20 pm

So can we make this a legit event?

Call it "Warriors of Time" or some such, SL35 or SL50-55, no upgrades allowed, no magics/pyros/miracles, pure Physical weapons only, no rings/shields with magic looking auras or DWGR, something like that? Try to keep the armour period correct (so not things like Onion armour or Darkwraith armour).

Style you characters like specific or generic historical warriors (so specific could be William Wallace, generic could be just a random Knight).

Thoughts?
    Lets get this happening Hurrah 
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:56 am

System- PSN

Either league based fighting or tournament, league based seems more appropriate and allows players to set the times of their fights. Teams may be included, I think that themed teams would be an epic league based event. 

Rules

Toons must be level 35 or below to participate.

All build must mirror the fighting style, equipment, etc of some real world historical warrior, soldier type, from any age/ time period which can be drawn parallel to the DKS universe.

E.G- Shaka Khan Zulu, a European Knight, Longbowman/ Robin Hood, Hoplite Spearman, etc

I will vet any builds and give suggestions and rule in or out the build.

Note- Simply adhering to the general guidelines will not be accepted. A Spartan with a cross bow will not be accepted, a Samurai with a shield will not be accepted, a Barbarian in heavy armour will not be accepted. This is about theme and overcoming weakness not power builds.

No buffs, pyros, miracles, or sorceries will be used.

No upgraded weapons will be used.

Complaints?

Harden the *** Up.
    Dr__Awkward
    Dr__Awkward
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dr__Awkward Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:49 am

im very excite.

already hashed out a build and training with it against invaders, which is tough because they're using buffs and pyros and i'm using a non upgraded weapon. Lots of opportunities to practice dodges and parries though
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Right mail it to me. For this kind of fighting there will be no secrets, all builds will be posted including my own.

Gimme a bit of time to see if I can get enough people on board to do a league based teams battle thing.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Moved to PvP. Also depending on the date/time, I would be into making a build for this and jumping in for a little.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:51 pm

No upgrades at all? Not even raw +5? Fights would takes ages with base.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Sneezer wrote:Fights would takes ages with base.

That's the idea PvE 
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:55 am

Sneezer wrote:No upgrades at all? Not even raw +5? Fights would takes ages with base.

Yup Skill performed time and time again trumps lucky OHKO backstabs etc.

point is to make fights more tense, player to fight longer matches, especially if 2v2 league mode is chosen.
    Dr__Awkward
    Dr__Awkward
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dr__Awkward Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:23 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Right mail it to me. For this kind of fighting there will be no secrets, all builds will be posted including my own.

Gimme a bit of time to see if I can get enough people on board to do a league based teams battle thing.

messaging does not work in the wiki apparently
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:47 pm

Dr__Awkward wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:Right mail it to me. For this kind of fighting there will be no secrets, all builds will be posted including my own.

messaging does not work in the wiki apparently

Your build is exactly the kind I like to see.

Approved. Do you think you could potentially find a partner if we do a 2v2 style match up?

You can theme it your current build or pick and entirely different warrior type.

E.G-

I think I'll be using this one as my one

Sasaki Kojiro- Same build I used for the Bushido event.
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=377622161749770594

As a duelling samurai he would not wear armour so therefore he has no poise. he also only carries his signature blade, and has no special skills other than perhaps he is a warrior of skill and endurance so I gave him a cloranthy ring and a FaP ring... though the latter I may remove since it doesn't feel like a warriors ring.

other ideas for players could be European fencing duelists, Yari Samurai, Crusaders, Tribal warriors, Ninja, any of the travelling priests, farmers.... anything like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am