Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
HereticForLife
swordiris
zwanzig-tausend
ResIsBestStat
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
dantheman123
Latitoast
robsthedon
silentmonkey3
Renegade
Jansports
Nosferatu-Zodd
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kahldris_Ducard
Icegodzilla
Hugh_G_Johnson
Paragon
Comrade Sparkle
shadowzninjaz
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
29 posters

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 10 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:26 am

Right you are you Captain Goldwing.  

@20: I neglected to mention the Fencing Event in the PM I sent.  It went well; I was pleased with the way the matches played out.  We had matches going most of the day, but probably no more than 10-12 people participated in total and never more than 6 at one time.

@Vatar: Good to hear from you as well, you've been fairly quiet.  How are the scouting missions going?

Finally; the Ear of the Week experiment has proven itself to be a failure.  I would like to replace it with something a little less ambitious but more practical that will hopefully encourage participation in at least the thread if not hunting sinners.  I'm desperate for open to ideas. silly
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 10 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:43 am

i liked the idea of the ear of the week, but everyone was just to busy to post kills. That or they are like me and are too lazy to write tongue. Think u should bring it back during the summer when everyone is free
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:07 am

So an essay contest is out? silly 
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Sorry Supreme Blue Eyes Boss! 
    University does prevent to exact justice as much as I would love to!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:06 am

It's all good my man.  I took a few days off myself.  Just had my first invasion.  Thwarted two BS fish attempts with unlocked R1 spam and countered a desperate final fish for the kill! big grin Plus; I cleanly parried the silver knight horizontal spear attack the first two times!  I was worried about rust, but I seem to be sharp as ever -- knock on wood.  Covenant ring invasions are really drying up, though.  I just remembered I didn't put on the covenant ring after waiting a while... only to find out it was in fact on. sad

Hey, look: I'm caffeinated now! Coffee! Coffee! 
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:21 am

I'm trying Izalith invasions for the first time ever.  I like it, I'm getting decent traffic and some good lulz.  Of course it didn't take me long to find the trolls & gankers laying in wait to BS & then gold tracer spam me (I would have been ok if I could have switched to the @%#ing wog rag from my stupid #@%*ing shiled).  I got revenge on the ganker -- he came up behind me (I saw a damage from the lava in the distance -- so he had help again), but I heard him.  I switched to the gold tracer.  He backed himself into a corner and tried to trade desperately with my 107 poise tank build -- didn't work.

The troll was a really sweet kill.  I probably looked for 10 minutes.  I checked the fog and the shortcut; no dead enemies and no sight of damage.  I went back across the lava and went all the way back to the fog at the start of Izalith then came again.  Finally, I saw some damage by one of the chicken dinos.  I check it out... nothing... hmm.  Eventually I wonder back towards the fog and realize I never checked that little area overlooking all the flame spewing statues.  Not that there's any reason for him to be there (I figure even speed running with stealth the mobs would have moved at least).  But, there he is shooting on of the statues with a bow (he must have sniped the dino earlier *sigh*).  I cast SLB, use grass walk down and he turns to shoot more statues giving me his back right before I get to him! LOL -- one R1 finishes him and I get a message after: "bs is for noobs".

I remember reading this, but I forgot:  The chicken dinos can and will eff you up!  In fact; I went back to our handy dandy Darkmoon Handbook to make sure that was in the Izalith section... it wasn't! surprised  It is now!  Don't worry -- I found out after I killed the guy.  That explains why he ran over there. silly Well not really, I don't know why he thought it'd hurt me more.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:I'm trying Izalith invasions for the first time ever.  I like it...
    Nevermind, it sucks balls.  Tracked a guy all the way done to the first bonfire, then chased him to the root/walkway... I parried him but couldn't stop him from healing or even punish him (pretty laggy); then of course I get murdered when I go to heal. angry   After that I got a guy who I saw in the lava come towards me and almost went by without seeing him (fog ring & orange charred).  He casts a soul spear spell I dodge and attack, he's able to roll under a hit to avoid a stun and hit me twice with a Black Knigh Sword -- I 'only' have 67 poise with the orange charred on so I have to toggle and back off.  We both heal, then he casts at least 2 attunement slots worth of wog which almost do enough damage to 2-shot me (750-ish HP) and one is cast after mine but hits before mine... angry angry 

I invade douchebag number 1 again later and when he runs away into the lava, heals again then pulls out the zweihaender again I say screw it and head for high ground.  He immediately heads for the bonfire and summons someone.  I see he still hasn't kill the pyromancer yet; so he is indeed trolling invaders as I suspected.  Guess who the phantom is?  That's right douchebag number 2!  They end up in Siegmeyer's poison pit, I head over to check it out DB 2 is almost dead and right under me!  Unfortunately I miss the plunge and loose the initiative when I have to get out the rusted iron ring.  DB 1 shows up and I have to dodge zwei R1s as well as magic spam.  I take about 1k damage  in 4 hits that do varying damage so it kinda rules out lag from the 3 soul masses I dodged.  I dodge an R1 and get out a humanity hold it high up and... die to poison. angry angry angry ...one... more... frame... Bad day 

I invade DB 2 again and I can barely see him.  I end up BCing cuz I'm pretty sure he's got modded stats and maybe a modded fog ring -- who knows what else.  He's tougher to see than most people in dark AL with dark clothes on and he's got the Xanthous robe on!  He admitted to modding, I don't know if it's possible to mod the fog ring -- but, I've seen a few people who practically disappear while most you can pick out from a decent distance if you look carefully.  Who knows... dark AL isn't much better I guess.  I got the hell out of Izalith and immediately invaded a guy with a phantom who just happened to be saving a divine blessing to use against me. straight face  Also, the host was able to roll forward hit me and roll away in between gold tracer spam. raised brow   Seems legit... AND he out-poised raced my 107 poise gold tracer setup with a fast rolling furry sword setup.  I was able to get revenge on him at least.  And other than that it was a pretty productive outing actually.

Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:19 pm

sorry to hear that when i invaded lost izalith i didn't hav to deal with people like that so it was fun for me, and had more traffic then i thought it would have
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:58 pm

As robsthedon is now 'the don' of the exiled, he has appointed Kahldris_Ducard to be his replacement as emissary. I have updated our roster.  Congrats and welcome, Kahldris!
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:25 pm

Hello Messengers! I am Kahldris Ducard Cm of the Exiled and Emissary to you and your god of justice. I will be more than happy to engage in jolly fighting and vanquishing of sinners everywhere, and keeping in line with the guidelines between both of our Covies. Keep on Hunting my brothers, and may your shades keep shining! cool 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Ooooh! Yeah! Congrats! cool 

Keep on Lift 
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:15 pm

cool and welcome Kahldris Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks hugh and zilla. People on the ps should join our nightly duels. We have lots of fun and hone our skills. Maybe set up a cross covie chat to get people together.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:16 pm

that sounds cool.......just wish i had a ps crying
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:14 pm

We do have one Xbox member I think BassmanBob, message him here and see if ya can't set something up, Brother in Arms should always train together, and that includes any Sisters-in-Arms as well. We all train together and work together and it all works out well.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 pm

i might try to put something together later, but i won't be home for another 5 hours
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Weird weekend; didn't play at all -- apparently I'm not the only one... I plan on hunting ears plenty this week though.  I'm going to start experimenting with different soul levels to get more invasions (hopefully).  

I've noticed dark AL invasions are really drying up and the ones I get have a high concentration on divine blessing use and other shenanigans.  I was in some clown's world for 50 minutes (I was sure he was entirely invisible or had hacked his way out of bounds -- I checked everywhere at least twice).  Eventually I saw some damage by the staircase behind the fog wall at the start.  Sure enough he's on a ledge about 50 feet up.  After I poisoned him a few times I went to send him a mesage to see if I could bait him into coming down.  He died right as I sent the message.  I assume he commited suicide.  IDK; maybe he decided to come down and fight and blew it. silly
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:16 pm

its been kinda slow for me, i did do some hosting in the forest today though for a change of pace. On two separate occasions I had hackers invade me. I am really starting to hate the forest lol
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:53 am

Hey guys how has everyone been! If we get some new members I'm linking them here from my other forum.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:12 pm

hey sword i've been good, well except for my laptop is destroyed so i gotta get a new hard drive for it.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:30 am

Whoa!  A sword sighting! silly Good to see ya man.  There was a Paragon sighting last night as well -- on PS3 and in the chat at least.  Hope to see more of you guys in the future.  New blood would be great, things have really slowed down here and in the covenants and forum in general -- not to mention the game of course.  I was going to get rid of EotW, but the problem is just people aren't playing DkS anymore.  So, I'm just going to leave it for now.  Ideas for encouraging covenant activity or improving the covenant in general are always welcome, however.

@Godzilla -- sorry to hear 'bout your laptop.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:39 pm

While I am still around here I feel like I lost any desire to play the game anymore. Not sure but I can say my life got to that point where something I spent over a year straight doing, playing the game, has lost the appeal to pick it up. I think I will just wait and ride out the days till the new game hits to get back into action.

However I think perhaps I will drop out of the PvP scene for good. I just don't feel like fighting people anymore or making a build solely for that. Meh Maybe I will PvP when I scour the new game to death.

As for my mood these days well this shows it well enough.

robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:11 am

Sorry to hear Soris Prayer 

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:While I am still around here I feel like I lost any desire to play the game anymore. Not sure but I can say my life got to that point where something I spent over a year straight doing, playing the game, has lost the appeal to pick it up. I think I will just wait and ride out the days till the new game hits to get back into action.

However I think perhaps I will drop out of the PvP scene for good. I just don't feel like fighting people anymore or making a build solely for that. Meh Maybe I will PvP when I scour the new game to death.

As for my mood these days well this shows it well enough.

Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:41 pm

good bye my captain may velka's justice for ever watch over u
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Diablo claimed my souuuul sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 am