Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
shadowzninjaz
CakeThiefPro
PlasticandRage
Slarg232
Spurgun
dancash1808
Carphil
Elite Knight
Latitoast
TehInfamousAmos
TheMeInTeam
Laharls_Wrath
Doctor Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Myztyrio
Reaperfan
20 posters

League of Legends

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

League of Legends - Page 3 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by Spurgun Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Doctor Snuggles wrote:The only nerf that Master Yi has gotten recently was a change to his W. AP Yi is broken as hell due to how gigantic W scales with AP and how Q's cooldown is refreshed if you get an assist or kill while using your ultimate.

• ARMOR, MAGIC RESISTANCE: 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300

• BONUS HEALTH REGENERATION PER SECOND: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160(+ 40% AP)

• MAXIMUM HEAL: 200 / 350 / 500 / 650 / 800 (+ 200% AP)

It used to have a 4.0 scaling for healing, making Yi while using Meditate have unstoppable health regen and insane tank resistances. He is a problem but should be getting fixed soon with his rework.
    Ap yi isn't OP, just incredibly annoying. Sure, he can heal for lots, but you just need 1 hard cc to be able to stop him (and he's squishy as hell without it). In lane this is very annoying yes, but in stopping it in a teamfight (or if you have at least 2 people) should be very easy.  

And yes he has resets, but that's also all he has. If he cannot get resets in a fight then he's useless. his full "burst" only has 100% of his ap scaling (not counting lichbane, since it's an item), while pretty much every other apc has at least over 200% scaling in their burst.. And at least one of their spells is on a lower cooldown (alpha strike, aka Yi's only damage, is on a 10 sec cooldown). 
    he can destroy a team if he gets resets, but he can't really do anything if he doesn't. as such he is very risky.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:35 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:That's awesome. He'll be a hell of a lot more dangerous if his Q was scaling with the same stats his E and R buff. Quarik was telling me he was nerfed semi-recently anyway. I think he could he could use that boost.

Where'd you find that information? Do they release the stuff they intend to patch somewhere?

^ You should. I downloaded it a little over a year ago and gave it a shot. I couldn't figure out why people liked it so much. Saw it as an RTS game with one map and no offline campaign, which really isn't appealing at all. I played a couple matches, asked for advice a couple times, and was called a noob instead of helped, and I signed off and uninstalled. I'm really glad I gave it another chance though. It was actually this thread that did it too. I was bored, and stumbled in here and was reading a few of the conversations and I gave it a shot and now I'm just addicted as the next guy. Really great game for a lot of reasons.

Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3567137

Thats stating the rework and will try and find the notes upon him - can't find it currently. Will edit in later.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/24673-updated-master-yi-visual-upgrade-and-kit-rework
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Cool. He looks a lot cooler too. I'm pretty happy I've finally got myself really trying out new champs instead of just sticking with the few I was good with immediately. I probably have 12 champs now. It's nice to have a wide variety that I know how to use well enough. Think I'm going to try an assassin next. Yi is the closest to that that I've done, and I like it so far. Any ideas of someone that'd be good to start with? I could buy at the 1350 level right now. Not sure who'd be available from there.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:23 pm

This is really strange. I was just in a load screen for a game, and suddenly I got pulled out of it, as if the client was minimized. So I clicked back on the icon in my task bar and now I have a screen with Zilean sitting in the mountains, and a message that says "Game is still in progress.." What the hell?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:26 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:This is really strange. I was just in a load screen for a game, and suddenly I got pulled out of it, as if the client was minimized. So I clicked back on the icon in my task bar and now I have a screen with Zilean sitting in the mountains, and a message that says "Game is still in progress.." What the hell?

Server or client problems caused you to crash. Rare, but it does happen. No idea what specifically, but you've basically been disconnected from your own game. If there's no option to reconnect then there's nothing to do but wait until it's over and take the D/C straight face 
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:47 pm

I quit the client, and it threatened me with a ban. It's the only time I've ever left a game though, so I'm guessing that's not going to happen? Then I restarted and it let me jump back into the game. It was right about to end anyway, but I guess my showing up counts for something?

I've been thinking more about learning to jungle today. I was going to try with Nunu, but I have enough IP to buy Udyr and I've seen him tear the jungle up. I've seen him tear a lot of things up in fact. Is he a tough champ to figure out? Or learn with? In other words would I be better off learning with Nunu?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:53 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I quit the client, and it threatened me with a ban. It's the only time I've ever left a game though, so I'm guessing that's not going to happen? Then I restarted and it let me jump back into the game. It was right about to end anyway, but I guess my showing up counts for something?

I've been thinking more about learning to jungle today. I was going to try with Nunu, but I have enough IP to buy Udyr and I've seen him tear the jungle up. I've seen him tear a lot of things up in fact. Is he a tough champ to figure out? Or learn with? In other words would I be better off learning with Nunu?

It's not really a threat of a ban, just a notification that the leaverbuster system exists. As long as it's in isolated cases and not a regular occurrence you have nothing to worry about.

I don't know hardly anything about Udyr, honestly. All I can say for sure is that, yes, he is more complex than Nunu. If you want to learn jungle I'd say go with him instead of Nunu because in the end when you get better with the champ Udyr will likely give you better results simply because he's a more flexible jungler.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:26 pm

Good point. Plus if I'm learning with a more complex champ, it'll probably be easier to pick up others and go more quickly I guess. I'm going for it.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:36 pm

I feel I must share this story:

I just got done with a PvP match, and did very well for myself. I was running Twisted Fate this match, and gotta say, he's looking like my new favorite. I ran mid with him, taking down minions to build up EXP and gold (considering his passive), and came across a guy on the enemy team playing as Master Yi. I utilized a baiting strategy, getting him to chase, attacking him enough to where he just tries to destroy me.

He, however, has to wade through my minions and gets hit with my turret. I got First Blood. I repeated this strategy a good number of times. I either killed him 4 or 5 times, I am not sure. Either way, my end ratio was 6/4/6, ending with some amazing equipment.

My team won, and I finally got to take part in the final assault, rather than being stuck fending off other enemies in one of the lanes like what normally happens. My team was well organized, except for one player who was running Annie. They came through at the end there though, using Tibbers to push through a good number of enemies.

I'm just rather proud of myself, and since bragging to the enemy is unsportsmanlike (and just plain rude), I felt like sharing here. The opponents were good, and all in all, it was a fun match. big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Just missed ya Doc. I went out to smoke a butt with my roommate and we ended up sitting outside for a little bit.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:17 am

Also, Veigar is 292 RP. I have 400. Is he worth it?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:54 am

I find Veigar one of the funnest mages, solely because of that one off game where you get 1000 AP and just two shot EVERYONE.

I seem to get yelled at if I pick him though, dunno why.

So have all of you guys tried DotA?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:59 am

Slarg232 wrote:

So have all of you guys tried DotA?

I suck less at it than LoL, but then, I find much more laggy matches on dota, somehow valve servers do not like my PC + internet combo..

about veigar, hes the only mage I like. Slarg nailed it. Mid-late game you can land stun + that skill that purple ball fall from the sky and BAM, triple kill!
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:04 am

Actually, the netcode's been improved over the past couple of months.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:07 am

Veigar is the only mage I've ever been 1HKO'd by. Evidently he'd been fed on bot while I was top not really paying attention to things that far away. I stumbled into him in the jungle and charged him with my Malph R and he took the hit, froze me in place, then I was suddenly dead.

Really enjoying Udyr. He's an animal. No pun intended.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:34 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:

Really enjoying Udyr. He's an animal. No pun intended.

Udyr is great, very balanced, I saw that he gained a new awesome skin as well
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:42 pm

I got Veigar, and I gotta say: I don't hate him, but I don't necessarily love him either. His spells are great when maxed out and with decent equipment, but he's so easy to kill that I find it hard to amass enough gold to get what I need.

Practice and time will see if he's good for me to play.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Yea with veugar the thing is, keep your distance, don't get any defensive items, hes the ultimate glass cannon. try to be behind your team all times and dont put yourself in risky situations.

Hes fun once you learn his positioning
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:32 pm

I love Zed

League of Legends - Page 3 JWhOrI0
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:07 am

Ahh... the game I almost got 1500 ap on veigar. I probably should have ended it before it got to that stage but it was fun! silly  Their vayne was shredding my team. but she couldent seem to grasp the whole. if you come near me you will be 1/2 shotted.
    I wouldent generally blow RP on champions unless their 6300. the exchange rate just isnt very good....
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:24 am

Latitoast wrote:I love Zed

League of Legends - Page 3 JWhOrI0

thumbs up  Another fellow Zed player.

Mage  <--- Caster when an assassin dives onto them.

Welcome into the brotherhood of assassins, here we like to get ahead in the laning phase and snowball ridiculously hard. One of the things we're most renowned for is our mobility and ability to 100-0 enemy carries extremely quickly - whilst some assassins have the risk of not snowballing the laning phase (Looking at you Fizz!) Zed will always be a threat because of his immense ability to farm creeps and gain his items that way even if he doesn't snowball through kills.

But yeah honestly is a great champ - good luck with him.

lol!
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:59 pm

He's quickly become my favorite champion for obvious reasons.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Zed is fun, used to play him for some time. But then he got nerfed and screwed up my laning strategy, so I stopped. Might start using him more
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Personally I find the best way to use Zed is to spam Ctrl 4 :3
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead