Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
StiffNipples
Ephexis
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Soul of Stray Demon
8 posters

New Video with a lot of infomation.

Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

New Video with a lot of infomation.  Empty New Video with a lot of infomation.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcaiZ88kGbU

He talks a lot about game mechanics rather then just enemies or whatever.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

New Video with a lot of infomation.  Empty Re: New Video with a lot of infomation.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Embedding it in case anyone wants to just watch it on here.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

New Video with a lot of infomation.  Empty Re: New Video with a lot of infomation.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Thank you, I'm not good at doing that
    Ephexis
    Ephexis

Post by Ephexis Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:00 am

thanks for the link,almost finished listening to it atm

so far some of it i already know but it expands on what i know and adds a bit of what i didn't
    besides, it's dks2 info in an almost 20 minute video, how could i not like it?
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:10 am

It's a good vid, I like that he remains impartial and presents it in a logical and calm way.
    He gives a good analysis of some of the new mechanics, and the way he does it doesn't cause many viewers to jump to silly conclusions like a few of the other preview vids have done.

PS- posted this yesterday in the big all info thread big grin
    ExServ
    ExServ

Post by ExServ Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:46 am

It's great to see that even though we both tried the same demo, we didn't got the same informations from it ^^ 

i did not catch the blue herb restoring spell capacity :p he did not see that you do different damages if two handling the catalyst etc...

great video !
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:38 am

actually like the idea of the healing items now, its like a choose your own difficulty thing WITHOUT making it a cakewalk
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:46 am

"Obviously I'm a big dark souls player, I've completed it a couple of times"

On this forum the juxtaposition of that statement is hilarious.

......Yellow herbs and blue herbs which allow you to regenerate magic slots.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Well it's already been choose your own difficulty. That's the thing about rpg's where you can level. If you level up the game gets easier. In fact, a level 700 could easily go through ng, even if played poorly.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:38 pm

A big Dark Souls player has completed the game a couple times?

At that rate, I must be humongous. How many builds have I made - upwards of 25?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Actually compared to the majority of people, finishing it makes you a big player, considering how most people haven't even heard of it. And yeah, I would say even a few times is big enough, considering how many people don't finish it.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Well it's already been choose your own difficulty. That's the thing about rpg's where you can level. If you level up the game gets easier. In fact, a level 700 could easily go through ng, even if played poorly.
    I must disagree. By the time one is past SL150 or so, the effectiveness of leveling up further is greatly diminished. I know people who have tried the game who could not even figure out how to equip items, how scaling worked, how to replenish their castings, etc. Many people try the game, and regardless of how much they try the same area again and again, or even play the game as some hacked character, they will fail repeatedly if they aren't simply good enough with adapting. It takes a decent amount of intelligence(at the very least) to play this game.

Edit: Then I guess I should be a Dark Souls god by now?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:48 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=132940560624383881 Anyone except someone completely new to video games should be able to beat dark souls quite easily, only the BoC and Sen's should cause much problem.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Being a big player and being a good player are two different things. You can play 24/7 but if you don't have hands, you're going to play horribly. (but you can still use your feet. poorly however)
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:05 pm

I use my feet quite well, thank you very much.

And trust me, there's plenty out there who struggle a lot more than you'd know. You overestimate us humans.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am