Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Serious_Much
SadPanda
Lord of Ash
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Silver Mont
9 posters

Dark Souls Lore Videos

Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Dark Souls Lore Videos  Empty Dark Souls Lore Videos

Post by Silver Mont Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:26 pm

So, I've been working on some lore videos, and I thought I might as well share them here! Of course, I largely made these for a friend of mine, who is quite new to Dark Souls - so there might not be anything new/exciting for veterans. But then, you never know! Enjoy!

Last edited by Silver Mont on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 10 times in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Dark Souls Lore Videos  Empty Re: Dark Souls Lore Videos

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Just something you might want to clear up in future lore videos, know who goes Hollow and who doesn't. For example, Griggs does and you said he doesn't.

But that's a small point, the video is great; the presentation is top-notch and your voice makes Vaati blush it's so serene.cheers 
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:37 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Just something you might want to clear up in future lore videos, know who goes Hollow and who doesn't. For example, Griggs does and you said he doesn't.

But that's a small point, the video is great; the presentation is top-notch and your voice makes Vaati blush it's so serene.cheers 
    Really? I think I remember hearing from somebody once about Griggs going hollow in Sen's if you finish Logan's quest chain and exhaust his dialogue or something, but I've never actually seen it for myself. Kinda goes to show how you can play a game for hundreds or thousands of hours and still miss things! Thanks for the feedback + clarification though - I gotta go play the game and see it for myself now, haha.

And you'll make me blush, talking like that!

And huh, I just saw him in Sen's, that's very interesting and pretty cool.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:10 am

Just put up my video on Priscilla! Included a little thank you for the clarification on Griggs, haha. Anyway, feedback is always welcome!

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:20 am

I'll give it a look when I get a spare half hour.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:16 pm

very good vids man
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:39 am

And this one came out surprisingly short, given I had two characters to talk about! As much as I like Ornstein and Smough, I suppose there wasn't all that much to talk about as they have no dialogue other than Smough's weird chuckles!

You know, it just occurred to me that I can edit these into the original post, silly me!
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:47 am

Why? There are already 2 extremely popular lore uploaders who've covered everything that isn't speculation.
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:44 pm

SadPanda wrote:Why? There are already 2 extremely popular lore uploaders who've covered everything that isn't speculation.
    Because friends of mine who don't really play the game as much as I do wanted me to make some videos about the lore.

And I suppose I'm a fan of democracy.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:47 pm

SadPanda wrote:Why? There are already 2 extremely popular lore uploaders who've covered everything that isn't speculation.
    What is the point of you playing the game when you can just watch a full playthrough and all the pvp you could ever want on youtube?

Come on, there's no need for that kinda negative reaction, it's here and it can only benefit the community.

This thread is in the wrong section though silv, it's a lore thread so it needs to go in the archives so bear than in mind next time please happy

Thread moved to archives.
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Serious_Much wrote:This thread is in the wrong section though silv, it's a lore thread so it needs to go in the archives so bear than in mind next time please happy

Thread moved to archives.
    Ahh, thanks for the move. I was actually looking to see if there was a lore sub-forum when I posted this, but it was like 4am and I saw the PvP etc sub-forums, then saw "Archives" and assumed it was for archived content, doh - my bad!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:08 pm

No it's fine, I can understand the confusion with that silly

The names are actually more just references to souls for some of the sections- archives is for lore and tomb of the giants is locked and archived threads happy
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Silver Mont wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Just something you might want to clear up in future lore videos, know who goes Hollow and who doesn't. For example, Griggs does and you said he doesn't.

Really? I think I remember hearing from somebody once about Griggs going hollow in Sen's if you finish Logan's quest chain and exhaust his dialogue or something, but I've never actually seen it for myself. Kinda goes to show how you can play a game for hundreds or thousands of hours and still miss things! Thanks for the feedback + clarification though - I gotta go play the game and see it for myself now, haha.

And you'll make me blush, talking like that!

And huh, I just saw him in Sen's, that's very interesting and pretty cool.
    It's really out of the way, so I wouldn't be surprised if you missed it.

If you buy everything from Grigg's, including the spells Logan gives him, and the rings he will go hollow in Sen's Fortress near the area where you find the Black Sorcerer's set. I think he drops a ring, or something like that but I haven't actually gone to kill him in so long that I can't remember. It's really out of the way and definitely not neccesary, seeing as you need to enter the Duke's Archives so Logan will move there, and at that point there isn't much of a reason to enter Sen's at all.
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:19 am

Latitoast wrote:It's really out of the way, so I wouldn't be surprised if you missed it.

If you buy everything from Grigg's, including the spells Logan gives him, and the rings he will go hollow in Sen's Fortress near the area where you find the Black Sorcerer's set. I think he drops a ring, or something like that but I haven't actually gone to kill him in so long that I can't remember. It's really out of the way and definitely not neccesary, seeing as you need to enter the Duke's Archives so Logan will move there, and at that point there isn't much of a reason to enter Sen's at all.
    It's definitely interesting to see just how many little details like that are in Dark Souls. So many tiny things that you can miss, even after playing for hundreds of hours! 

Also, just put up a video on Ciaran and Gough, which I think I had the most fun making, outta the ones I've made so far!

Thxodore
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Thxodore Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:52 pm

SadPanda wrote:Why? There are already 2 extremely popular lore uploaders who've covered everything that isn't speculation
    Why even say that? There is literally no reason for that kind of reaction. If a new poster were to see that what kind of idea would they get about this forum?

Anyway, Keep up the good work Silver.
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Thxodore wrote:Anyway, Keep up the good work Silver.
    Thanks! I'm trying to improve them as I go, taking user feedback into account and all that, you know? I think one of the big things I need now is like... a pop filter on my mic or something, haha. I'm using a headset for these, I might need to investigate with a desk mic.

Either way, I just uploaded my Artorias vid! Which I know one of my friends was eager about as she likes Sif.

Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:29 am

I was surprised this one came out so short...! But then, I had a slight cold, so I may or may not have been speaking a little faster than usual. And I've got just one more planned, now.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:52 am

I love the illustrations on your videos. It's your friend's work, right?
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:21 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I love the illustrations on your videos. It's your friend's work, right?
    Yeah! She's a fan of Dark Souls too (and wants to cosplay Solaire), but she's only played through it once or so, and she was real interested in the lore and stuff, so I mostly made these videos for her. And in return, she made me all these great thumbnail arts.

Also, fun fact, if you type in an URL like this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/JKGxuFLIUU0/maxresdefault.jpg

And replace the "JKGxuFLIUU0" with any youtube URL, you can see the high res version of the thumbnail! Of course, the original files of the art she made were like 5000x5000 haha.
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:17 pm

The Onion Knight! I'm quite proud of this one, I feel like I'm definitely improving as I go along, you know?

Anyway, that's the first set of videos done. I'm now doing more on request - I've been asked to do a video on Leeroy, which I'm working on now. Is there anything you guys would like to see me cover? Characters preferably, but I can try something about items or areas or covenants etc.
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:47 pm

And now that I've figured out how to post again... here's a video that was made on request! Somebody (by the username of Paladin Leeroy, no less!) asked that I make a video covering the Paladin, I also covered the Catacombs and Tomb of the Giants in general, including Nito, the Way of White and Trusty Patches!

homelessguy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by homelessguy Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:03 pm

loved the Leeroy vid
    2 thing's I would like to note is that as a red phantom Leeroy can 1 hand grant meaning he has 50 str at that time and Leroy has one of Havel's ring's

so Leeroy could have been one of Havel's high ranking knight's and church buddies
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:10 am

homelessguy wrote:loved the Leeroy vid
    2 thing's I would like to note is that as a red phantom Leeroy can 1 hand grant meaning he has 50 str at that time and Leroy has one of Havel's ring's

so Leeroy could have been one of Havel's high ranking knight's and church buddies
    Thanks! And he can wield it in one hand when he's a red? I never noticed that. I suppose he must have levelled up since the Catacombs.

Also, here's the next one, complete with me-getting-invaded-by-hacker-giantdad-funny-people entertainment!

Scurrilous Straggler
    Scurrilous Straggler
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Scurrilous Straggler Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:45 pm

Great videos; I really enjoy them. As for pronunciation... hm, a little hard to spell out phoenetically lol. Shah-tt-l is how I've always heard it pronounced and how I say it myself. I pronounce Lautrec as Lao-trec even though most (and in game as well) says Lah-trec. Once again, great videos happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:36 am