Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
MosquitoPower
Mintgroove
Bassman Bob
Soul of Stray Demon
Serious_Much
SadPanda
10 posters

If Dark Souls II doesn't have Shortswords, I'll cry

SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

If Dark Souls II doesn't have Shortswords, I'll cry Empty If Dark Souls II doesn't have Shortswords, I'll cry

Post by SadPanda Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:16 pm

pls ;_;
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

If Dark Souls II doesn't have Shortswords, I'll cry Empty Re: If Dark Souls II doesn't have Shortswords, I'll cry

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:17 pm

umm... just to clarify do you mean splitting short swords and long swords into two weapon types or just the shortsword weapon?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

If Dark Souls II doesn't have Shortswords, I'll cry Empty Re: If Dark Souls II doesn't have Shortswords, I'll cry

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:18 pm

NEVER. MUAHAHAHAHA.
    But yeah, I really don't understand what you mean.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:19 pm

SadPanda wrote:pls ;_;
    Living up to your name, i see.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:19 pm

I mean like a faster/shorter longsword with a more fluid moveset.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:21 pm

.....So the same weapon category then? Cus we already had a short sword..
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Serious_Much wrote:.....So the same weapon category then? Cus we already had a short sword..
    No, like a new class. In Dark Souls a shortsword is just a smaller, weaker longsword with the same speed and moveset.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:30 pm

So four sword classes? shortsword, basic swords, greatswords, and ultraswords?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Yeah.. they could make a class for that, but... would it basically be a fast speed set of quality scaling weapons? I guess there is a sort of niche for that, but then again quality weapons aren't really meant to be pure speed, and dex weapons that are small and fast are filled up with the curved sword weapon type.

To be honest I hope that next game they make weapons speed be related to their weight- only slightly and depending on a weapon class though so it's not unbalanced or anything
    Mintgroove
    Mintgroove

Post by Mintgroove Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:53 pm

I would like this quite a lot. A fast quality weapon is a great idea for a class, actually. It would distinguish Shortswords as wholly unique.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:04 pm

This new shortsword class, are you thinking more Chinese style, or greek/roman style?
    (or both?)

DS had katanas style weapons, why not some other eastern style weapons in DS2 thumbs up
    Mintgroove
    Mintgroove

Post by Mintgroove Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Faster LS style moveset I presume. I would gladly trade a little range, poise and power for some crazy speed.

You could change a few of the moves where it wouldn't make sense for an SS user to be doing them.

Claymore has a similar moveset to the LS with the character logically swapping out moves that don't work with a larger weapon, in that case the lunge strike and running R1. Maybe SS could have a multi hit running attack.

Some other blades like those would be nice.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:36 am

Mintgroove wrote: multi hit running attack.
    This.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:24 am

I like the idea of making the short sword a separate class from the long sword, it would definitely be the middle ground weapon between a long sword and a dagger with daggers being the focus of chip and critical damage. I've always felt the short swords were redundant in DkS, this change would make them relevant.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:28 pm

I always assumed the whole point of the shortsword was to give you a slightly weaker version of the longsword, but with less weight, giving options to build weight.  I don't know about the rest of you, but a few points of damage isn't going to be the dealbreaker for my success with a weapon.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:30 pm

steveswede wrote:I like the idea of making the short sword a separate class from the long sword, it would definitely be the middle ground weapon between a long sword and a dagger with daggers being the focus of chip and critical damage.  I've always felt the short swords were redundant in DkS, this change would make them relevant.
    I agree with this. I always felt that the short sword kinda got the short end of the stick. It had virtually no benefits over the long sword. Perhaps make it move faster and have a different moveset, and that could fix it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm