Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
Forum Pirate
TehInfamousAmos
SadPanda
Bassman Bob
JoeBroski09
steveswede
Aigaios
lonewolf
Noob-of-Artorias
Acarnatia
Wilkinson3424
Kiva the wanderer
Spurgun
Serious_Much
Hatsune Miku
VaDoom
twigsterxd
Uparkaam
nsane32
skarekrow13
bunnywink
SirArchmage
Reaperfan
MikailArksot
Hue
Latitoast
WaffleGuy
Marino.
raecor14
tigab95
Mr. Tart
BIG TIME MASTER
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
reim0027
Soul of Stray Demon
Hart
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
GrinTwist
Tolvo
45 posters

Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason - Page 14 Empty Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Teh Kitten´s Cat wrote:I like both, but I will have to go with waffles.

Hmm... happy
    KITTEN, Why don't you go to bed? ????? WHY?

GO TO BED OR I WILL SPANK YOU.... 

So,
    How many people here think kitten actually needs sleep?
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason - Page 14 Empty Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:21 pm

SirArchmage wrote:Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason - Page 14 Waffle+falling+over_d6c04c_4782073
    ^I approve this message!
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
    SirArchmage wrote:Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason - Page 14 Waffle+falling+over_d6c04c_4782073
    ^I approve this message!
    Vinyl, are you afraid of dinosaurs? It's kinda random I know...

What are you afraid of?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:What are you afraid of?
    Water. Specifically, deep water that I can't see the floor of. I can actually swim just fine, and things like swimming pools are fine and dandy. But put something as innocent as a nature documentary about ocean life in front of me and I have to leave the room.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Vinyl, are you afraid of dinosaurs? It's kinda random I know...

What are you afraid of?
    No.

I am afraid of being afraid of fearing fear.
    That made 100 percent correct sense.
    And you.

Just kidding. That's not what I'm afraid of.

What I am really afraid of is...

...I don't know at the moment. Give me some time to think about it. But for now, let's just say, being stranded on a boat with out gas out at sea.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Vinyl, are you afraid of dinosaurs? It's kinda random I know...

What are you afraid of?
    No.

And you.

...I don't know at the moment. Give me some time to think about it. But for now, let's just say, being stranded on a boat with out gas out at sea.
    Are you afraid of not knowing how to answer this question?

This is false.

Is the above statement a lie?
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Vinyl Scratch wrote:

What are you afraid of?
    No.

And you.

Are you afraid of not knowing how to answer this question?

This is false.

Is the above statement a lie?
    Not sure if trying to derail thread.
    Or just being borderline on-topic.

Here's a question.
    What grinds your gears?
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Question for everyone.

Will you marry me? 

Because I love you..

Spoiler:

Ok, seriously though. Who was your first crush then?

Not to be rude but that's a little TOO personal. Mainly because I don't give out personal information anywhere on the net. Also, it's really no ones business even tho they wouldn't know her anyways.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:What grinds your gears?
    The sound of the electric guitar.

People who are overly-critical of Sword Art Online.

Both the actual act of and the people who engage in the act of changing lanes while driving.

The fact that games nowadays have to be downloaded and installed, rather than just plugged/snapped in and they're good to go.

When I watch a dub of an anime and they pronounce a character's name differently than how it's pronounced in the original Japanese.

When people complain about "waaaah, water levels in games are so annoying!" (see previous post for relevant background)

Trying to go to sleep without watching some kind of movie or show.

Tier lists in competitive games.

Typing a phrase you type so often that you get comfortable and type it too fast and make a typo.

"The Kid" levels in Super Meat Boy.

Documentaries about marijuana.

And lots of other things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And I guess I should ask a question myself at some point, so;

Assuming all of us here would consider ourselves as such, what is the game you played or event in your life that made you realize you were a gamer?
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:56 am

Reaperfan wrote:And I guess I should ask a question myself at some point, so;

Assuming all of us here would consider ourselves as such, what is the game you played or event in your life that made you realize you were a gamer?
    Good question ReaperFan.

Poke'mon: Red version started it all. But I believe it was The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, is where I really started to get into it. And it's been that way ever since.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:03 am

I guess I found out when I talked with people outside of my circle of friends about things that to me were common knowledge but to them looked like I was speaking a foreign language.

That's usually indicative of something.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and water levels suck! They are always so slow and boooooowl-ring! Get them out!

Last edited by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:05 am

It started with Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, I didn't actually get in to videogames until Ocarina of Time.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:08 am

twigsterxd wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Question for everyone.

Will you marry me?

Because I love you..

Spoiler:

Ok, seriously though. Who was your first crush then?
    Not to be rude but that's a little TOO personal. Mainly because I don't give out personal information anywhere on the net. Also, it's really no ones business even tho they wouldn't know her anyways.
    Though, to be fair, it really is their own choice to answer the question.

Now, onto questions.

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Will you marry me?
    Indeed I shall, and we shall raise children poorly and shall store them in a closet.

okay, now for serious questions;

Hmm, that list could go on forever, so I will only answer to a certain degree...

I suppose large crowds is one of the main things.

Others include... Hmm, people who are bothersome (On an extreme level) for the reason of being extremely bothersome.

I believe I do not have an irrational fear of anything, but things I feel incredibly anxious around are bananas, snakes and poisonous plants.

Reaperfan wrote:Assuming all of us here would consider ourselves as such, what is the game you played or event in your life that made you realize you were a gamer?
    I've played games, all manner of them, for most of my life. It is just a few years ago though that I started to call myself "gamer". I think it was The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion that first made me realize it, but I do not know. Somewhere around 4-5 years ago I realized it, anyways.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:15 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I'm not afraid of the dark at all.  I'm actually quite comfortable in it and have a variety of specialized techniques to maneuver while blind or near blind.  

However, noises I can't immediately identify will startle me for sure and if I can't place it soon AND my vision is limited due to darkness or anything else...

Then I am prone to fear.  However, I'm still usually the idiot who goes looking for the noise.  I would probably die first in a horror movie.  

Spur,
    Twigster quoted some of the things I had seen when I said it appeared to be licorice.  I also saw some candy online for sale that appeared to licorice.  Now, if you're eating the stuff and saying that it's not that and it can be a bunch of different things I am going to trust you on it.  

My guess is it maybe started as licorice but has since evolved to be more than that in your region.  For instance, hot sauce in most places is just a thin sauce from some variety of peppers.  In Rochester, NY however it is most often going to be similar but made with meat.  

So to parallel, I might visit where you live and say "I'd like some Salmiak" and expect licorice and then get something different.  Basically, the USA interpretation of your regional item is likely narrow.  

So....since I'm a candy nut this question is for Spurgun:
    Could you please link some product pages of what you have if they're available?
    It could very well be some kind of modified Licorice, i have no idea of how it's made silly . What i meant when i said it wasn't licorice is that it's not just licorice, they have a very different taste.

Scrap that^. I looked it up and according to the sources i can find (mostly finnish websites) its essential ingredient is Ammonium chloride, and even though it resembles licorice, it's not really related to it. The Ammonium chloride first comes as a white powder (they also sell Salmiak as powder, but it's not just ammonium chloride), but they color it black because apparently people rather buy black candy. They do flavor it with licorice sometimes (Which may be where the confusion comes from).

As for product pages, it's kinda hard to find any that aren't in finnish. this is the best i could find but they didn't seem to have the stronger ones there.

Last edited by Spurgun on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:36 am

Awesome! Now to find some.

On topic, my first crush was probably my third grade math teacher
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:16 am

@Skare and Spurgun - I just realized after reading Spurgun's last post that over here in Canada, (or at least the city where I live), we used to have this candy that was a strange piece of licorice, (or similar looking), covered in this powdered substance that you could also dip it in. It had somewhat of a tangy taste. I do remember it had to be imported into the distributor so maybe it's the same thing or something close to it. Don't remember the name of it tho, sorry.

To answer Reap's question, I wouldn't really call myself a gamer. I do like games and in the last couple of years, I have played more than normal. I've always liked games but I wouldn't call myself a gamer since gaming wasn't a huge part of my life.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:22 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    Water.  Specifically, deep water that I can't see the floor of.  I can actually swim just fine, and things like swimming pools are fine and dandy.
    Kinda what Reaper said. If I can't reach the bottom while in water, I panic. I can't concentrate and just start flapping around with my arms. So if a boat was to sink, I'd most likely die. straight face 

People that are high/drunk.
    People that aren't trustworthy.

Reaperfan wrote:And I guess I should ask a question myself at some point, so;

I believe I was around 6 or 7 at the time. I was in the bathroom doing my business whilst reading a newspaper. I checked the page with a list of games and saw Halo: Combat Evolved. Not knowing a thing about it(although I had played it earlier without knowing it at the time) I asked my mother to buy it for me.

Another game was Fable: TLC. I went to a friend's place(I was probably around 6 or 7 around that time as well). His father let me in as my friend was apparently playing a game in the livingroom. As I went inside he said "Hey, check this cool knight out! It's my father's character." It was a knight in golden armour. It turned out he was playing Fable(Not Fable: TLC). Once I heard of Halo 2 on the Xbox, I immediately went to the story to get the console myself, and I found out I could pick 1 or 2(can't remember) games for free with it. One of them games was Fable: TLC(I was still unaware that there even was an expansion to Fable, so I didn't react when I saw it saying Fable: The Lost Chapters, I simply assumed that was the full name of the game). Later on, my mother ordered Halo 2 as a christmas present, if I'm not mistaken, which I opened up, assuming it was another game I had ordered. So I got it early. Though, being the innocent little kid that I was, I started crying and felt guilty. silly 

TL;DR
    Halo: Combat Evolved and Fable: TLC.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:32 am

What I fear? Honest I think is losing someone I care a lot about. Which does contrast me from half of my relatives. Gear grinder now I got a list and there is a lot.
    As for a gamer well it goes to when I was 6 or 7. I had a N64 but was not into it till in kindergarten on a trip to Disneyland where the room had a ps2 and one of the first spyro games. I got hooked and well I guess that was how I became a gamer as then I asked for a ps2 and got it...plus a GameCube and Xbox too. Those days we had money and I was spoiled.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:47 am

Did anybody miss me...guys?....guuuuyyyyyssss?

*cries*
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:11 am

::raises hands::
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:17 am

i dont know if anyone else has asked this but is there any undercower bronies here?

*raises own hand*
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:19 am

Not so much undercover as not thinking about it.

It was a struggle to get me to admit to it though...

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 am

lonewolf wrote:i dont know if anyone else has asked this but is there any undercower bronies here?

*raises own hand*
    "Undercover?" Hahahahahahahahahaha
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:21 am

lonewolf wrote:i dont know if anyone else has asked this but is there any undercower bronies here?

*raises own hand*
    You told me you are a brony. So that's that. And you have a Skype picture of Vinyl Scratch.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:49 am

Whats an "undercower brony" ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 am