Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Brigade
robsthedon
CrackSouls
Mental Gear
Shakie666
Cronotis
SATLOS
KrazykevS10
Wilkinson3424
Uparkaam
SlintEastwood
Forum Pirate
reim0027
Serious_Much
Seignar
Sneezer
FinPeku
DyingAce
Bassman Bob
Leet
OrnsteinBro
GrinTwist
DigitaLinsanitY
quench
Acarnatia
Sentiel
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kirk-Barb
Zeta Prime
Tolvo
Aigaios
billy_bayonet
36 posters

Ghost Strike

SlintEastwood
    Casual
    Casual

Ghost Strike - Page 4 Empty Re: Ghost Strike

Post by SlintEastwood Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:31 am

TooLeet wrote:
    Shakie666 wrote:*Sigh...* Because katana's aren't already OP now are they?
    Katana's are OP? lolwut.
    I don't really see why this is laughable. The katanas (especially the Chaos Blade) are some of the best weapons in the game.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:53 am

That's a lot of pages to read...

On a different point of view of ghost strike: I love to PVP but because of work and other responsibilities I find myself with little time to play. Players like myself suffer from exploits like this because we have to learn how to counter them and it's hard to keep new practices up. But then again, I'll be at a disadvantage against those players anyways because of practice alone.

I do not feel this glitch will affect my play that much. I will try to learn to deal with it the odd time I get to PVP, but it's still a fun, exciting, and challenging game. It is not going to stop me from playing. And I doubt I'd be upset if someone pulled it off on me in FC, either. Gives me something to adapt to, and that in itself can make matches more exciting for me. I prefer variety over "clones".

As long as my opponent has some sportsmanship, I'll keep playing against whatever "dirty tactic" is being used.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:20 am

I don't care as much for the actual usefulness of the glitch, but I care about the fact that it's another glitch. People even defend it! Look Skyward 
    It's like they don't read what they write, or perhaps they're unable to look past their PvP mindset about things, which has little to do with the actual game.
    It's like talking to blind people about the colour of the sky. Jeez...

I have a fat roll tank with Havel's Greatshield and DGA. While all the fast roll, or ninja flipping people are unafected by glitches like this, or dead angles in general, this particular build gets destroyed by these glitches. It's very difficult to play with as it is, but it is a viable option to use such a build. However thanks to fat roll, it's shield is the only way it can defend against attacks, since it doesn't have an easy access to roll i-frames. Especially AoE stuff like WoG are used to dead angle the most and preferably chain it into a backstab, which can even insta kill the build. Glitches that bypass shields make this build unusable.

So f*cking don't tell me glitches add depth is they make a legit builds like this and game features such as blocking with a shield unusable in PvP.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:50 am

wether or not they gimp fat rollers is irrelivant, they (dead angles in general, not this) add a lot to every other roll speed in options for dealing with turtles using various weapons that would otherwise be completely incapable of doing so. if it adds more to the other 2 combined than it takes (all it takes is the fat roll) then its still adding dept. i haven't seen an itemised list, so i say your claim is conjecture.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:59 am

Guys please calm down and do not be so antagonistic towards one another.  The description of how to do the glitch is against forum rules period.  A discussion about how to counter the glitch is fine.  Let's not try to discuss the validity of a glitch because until From Software says outright that the use of such glitches is wrong or right we have no idea which side is correct.  Even then From's word could be argued against, it is just pointless.  Do not engage in it and do not let the topic dissolve into bickering.  

To those who do use the glitch it might be a good idea to test out how to counter it so that it can become common knowledge on how to defend against it.  One of the main points of the forum is the spread of information and tips on how to deal with it would be helpful.

Also try to consider things from the perspective of others when possible and consider how mechanics and glitches effect everyone and not just specific builds, do not try to exclude such builds in consideration as well.  These things effect everyone and often effect them differently so try to remove bias and see every side to the whole thing.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:05 am

Edited for the sake of keeping the discussion civil.

Last edited by Sentiel on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:20 am

Sentiel it might not be a bad idea, I understand you were a bit heated in the moment after being told you were basically not important enough to be considered in regards to the effect of the glitch, but it just causes more bickering.  It is best to just be the bigger man, to all of you to be the bigger person and just not respond to negativity with more negativity.  It only prolongs such interaction when we could discuss with civility.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:23 am

Tolvo wrote:Sentiel it might not be a bad idea, I understand you were a bit heated in the moment after being told you were basically not important enough to be considered in regards to the effect of the glitch, but it just causes more bickering.  It is best to just be the bigger man, to all of you to be the bigger person and just not respond to negativity with more negativity.  It only prolongs such interaction when we could discuss with civility.
    Are you saying that I am FAT?!
    lol! 

You do have a point though.
    I'll edit my previous post then.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:27 am

:mask-averice: 

But if i can give a tip about how to counter the Ghost Strike when it is combined with TwoP.

Parry, if they aren't that bright you can easily get a parry with it if they're just going to mash R1.

If that isn't an option and they're using something like a spear.  Equip your most powerful whatever and just mash the hell out of R1.  Big weapons, weapons with a lot of damage, spells, whatever.  Create some distance by forcing them to back off or trade until one of you dies.

If I remember correctly also Iron Flesh should knock away the weapon with it unlike a normal dead angle, though that is a very specific situation, Iron Flesh ready to combat TwoP ghost strikes.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:30 am

I have a good tactic against TWoP.
    Fire Tempest. Before the flame pillars disappear the TWoP will lose it's effect, but not soon enough that it can be safely recasted.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:32 am

I did not say "he's basically irrelivant." I said, that the fact that it gimps fat rollers is irrelivant. to be more specific, there are more variables, those being what it adds to other roll speeds, weapons, ect. As there are 2 rolls other than the fat roll, its easy to see how the former gain might out weigh the latter gimp in terms of variety or "depth" but again, i haven't seen a list.

this is twice now tolvo. I said exactly what i ment and did not imply anything i did not explictly state. i don't want to ignore you, you add a good deal to tthe forum, but i won't put up with your current behavior reguarding me should it happen again.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:36 am

I'm sorry if that is how you are taking it Forum Pirate but I am merely asking people to calm down, think things through, and stop being discourteous to others.  If you do have an issue with that you can send a PM to Emergence, Fex, or other mods to ask that the guidelines be re-evaluated.  I will continue to try and calm people down and stop any fighting.

Now then if we can please get back to the topic of how to counter the glitch.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:46 am

Look Skyward
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:58 am

So Billy have you tested out going up against it yet?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:05 am

Im learning how to use it on every weapon i PVP with first.

Ya wanna know what i have found out it is no way near as reliable as i would like it to be. best way to counter it....get out of the *** way!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:08 am

Only the people that are really good with it will likely be a threat, and they'll be few and far between.  It isn't as easy to do as a lot of the other exploits.  I don't imagine learning to counter this will be as much of a necessity as how to counter others, but it still would be a good idea.  

Spacing can be very important with this, since while it ignores shields if you know how to position yourself right you can hit them during the animation without taking any damage yourself.  Though with short ranged weapons like daggers that isn't exactly an easy task.  Another funny thing is if they are directly hugging you when they turn away if you press R1, you can backstab them if you are extremely quick on the draw.  Best done if you see them trying it a few times rather than actually on sight reaction.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:09 am

Meh tbh the best use i have found for this is with my broadsword, Use a ghost hit on the first and third hit of a combo means most people have no chance
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:48 am

I wonder if it would make any difference if the player trying to block this is also unlocked and does the same move with his shield up. Basically a ghost block is what i mean. Or maybe lowering the shield for a split second and raising it again has some sort of reset effect. Someone smarter than me has to figure out why the ghost strike tricks the engine into thinking the raised shield plays no role. Is it known if this move negates 100% of the shield or is more like massive chip dmg(70% go through and 30% is still blocked)?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:52 am

It has to do with the direction you were facing, so yes doing something similar with your shield might be able to block it.  Doing so would also present your back for a second at point blank range with a person's front to your back though.  So that's another issue.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:51 am

Tolvo wrote:So Billy have you tested out going up against it yet?
    Someone used on me last night, a very good player he was reverse rolling and all sorts. We had a few match ups, I was on my Velkas build and was a bit turtley, he spammed it 3 times, none connected, I started dodging he stopped, seems like good old fashion dodging might be a counter. Thank goodness for that, I was worried for a minute, thought maybe pvp got all broke up again.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:53 am

Well like normal dead angles it can be countered with dodging, but we won't be able to just dodge in every situation.  Some fat roll, some might be under the effect of TwoP, have their back to a wall, etc.  It'll be a good idea to test it out in these circumstances too.  Though for some weapons dodging even while fat rolling isn't too crazy, as well parrying is still an option.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:28 am

billy_bayonet wrote:

Ya wanna know what i have found out it is no way near as reliable as i would like it to be. best way to counter it....get out of the *** way!
    Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:53 pm

I will find this, I will learn this. When you're running your buddy through his first run of souls in the burg, I will invade. I will use this ability on him. Over, and over, and over again. But always will leave him alive. While you watch.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Like it or not, this glitch is here and will become more widespread.  I think the majority of the posts either condemn it or do not promote it.  But, complaining about it won't make it go away.  It will make it worse.  

The best way to make this go away is to make it worthless.  We can do that.  As people are learning how to do this glitch, so should others learn how to counter it.  

If it is too hard to pull off and it is punishable, this glitch will become more of a novelty than anything else.  Kinda like the ravioli step.

I say, learn how to counter it and then look forward to people who try to use it.  Punish them severely over and over.  

Start with:
    Ghost Strike - Page 4 Comeatme_zps9b87b6f7
    Bronies start with:

End with:
    Ghost Strike - Page 4 Justgotserved_zpsd6839aff

That's the mentality we need to have.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:27 pm