Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
ScottyDoesKnow
Soul of Stray Demon
Marino.
DPSMurphy
GrinTwist
Green__Eagle
10 posters

Flipping Havel

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Flipping Havel Empty Flipping Havel

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Is this known info? I couldn't find it on Wiki...

GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Flipping Havel Empty Re: Flipping Havel

Post by GrinTwist Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:26 pm

I wouldn't think this would be new info, the weight of your character doesn't have an effect on the moveset of a weapon. The ghost blade, along with the painted guardian sword have similar movesets both that should be unaffected by the character's weight.
    DPSMurphy
    DPSMurphy

Post by DPSMurphy Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:03 pm

I didn't know this but it does make sense with DS mechanics. Makes me wonder what other cool move-sets that favor the super-amoured build.

Does the Attacking-Flip come with dodge frames? Like on a standard roll? If so that's pretty remarkable indeed!
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:28 pm

DPSMurphy wrote:
    Does the Attacking-Flip come with dodge frames? Like on a standard roll? If so that's pretty remarkable indeed!
    Yep, but only very few . About as many as the Backstep i think.

Also, the Claw roling attack also works, and it looks hilarious silly
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:Is this known info? I couldn't find it on Wiki...

The Curved swords have the backflip and the rapiers have this weird backstep slash.

I've known it for a long while, considering my first playthrough was with a curved sword. 

They aren't that useful though, but movesets ignore all weight and such. For example, You can be totally encumbered and run by using the butcher knife R2.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Can't find the link now, but somebody posted a quick video of an overencumbered run on reddit. They used the kick to get through the blades in sens.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:56 pm

came here expecting this: http://mmdks.com/2jct
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:38 am

xenon_nobelium wrote:came here expecting this: http://mmdks.com/2jct
    I was expecting more like this: http://mmdks.com/3zyv
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:47 am

ScottyDoesKnow wrote:
    xenon_nobelium wrote:came here expecting this: http://mmdks.com/2jct
    I was expecting more like this: http://mmdks.com/3zyv
    Came up against a Sl120 with that weapon\armour\flip setup. Very very frutrating fight.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:10 am

Kick flip ignores weight, but it is mostly impractical except when you're incumbered.
    GaryBlevins
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GaryBlevins Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:08 pm

It should be noted that all curved swords (not sure about greatswords) have this flip move to replace the kick. There is a short i-frame, but its much less effective than a roll.
    More importantly, for both curved swords and for rapiers, the modified kick is actually an attack which can partially ignore shields. You can kind of see that in the OPs video. When he first goes after the spear wielding soldiers, he does the kick move and you can see that it does a little bit of damage even though the hollow's shield stays up the whole time. 
    In PvP, this is not that effective though, and in PvE there are few times where it is useful, but its good to know if you want to put the pressure on a player who is low on health and turtle-ing to try to heal.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:11 pm

GaryBlevins wrote:It should be noted that all curved swords (not sure about greatswords) have this flip move to replace the kick. There is a short i-frame, but its much less effective than a roll.
    More importantly, for both curved swords and for rapiers, the modified kick is actually an attack which can partially ignore shields. You can kind of see that in the OPs video. When he first goes after the spear wielding soldiers, he does the kick move and you can see that it does a little bit of damage even though the hollow's shield stays up the whole time. 
    In PvP, this is not that effective though, and in PvE there are few times where it is useful, but its good to know if you want to put the pressure on a player who is low on health and turtle-ing to try to heal.
    You can damage the Hollow Spear Users when their shield is up with any attack. It's not the type of attack, but the fact that when they use it, it doesn't have 100% damage reduction for some reason.
    GaryBlevins
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GaryBlevins Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:15 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    GaryBlevins wrote:It should be noted that all curved swords (not sure about greatswords) have this flip move to replace the kick. There is a short i-frame, but its much less effective than a roll.
    You can damage the Hollow Spear Users when their shield is up with any attack. It's not the type of attack, but the fact that when they use it, it doesn't have 100% damage reduction for some reason.
    Watch the vid more closely. When he just hits the hollow with the ghost blade, it does about 6 damage, but when he lands the flip it does about 24. There is definitely more damage from the flip, much like the rapier back step. Try it and you'll see.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:20 pm

GaryBlevins wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Watch the vid more closely. When he just hits the hollow with the ghost blade, it does about 6 damage, but when he lands the flip it does about 24. There is definitely more damage from the flip, much like the rapier back step. Try it and you'll see.
    That is quite amazing, even though, I never knew it happened with the rapier back step. 

I know that it doesn't happen to enemies that block 100% though, because of the silver knights. They block the hit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am