Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Orignial (unpatched, depatched) Run!

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Orignial (unpatched, depatched) Run! Empty Orignial (unpatched, depatched) Run!

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Okay, guys: I began my journey today as the chosen undead! I plan to record the second installment tomorrow so leave me constructive feedback on how it looks or what I should do next.

I named my character Grizzly because it's a bare (bear) playthrough.

I suppose the best way to be notified of new uploads is to subscribe to my channel.

reim0027
    reim0027

Orignial (unpatched, depatched) Run! Empty Re: Orignial (unpatched, depatched) Run!

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Good for you for adding commentary. Commentary really really adds to the video.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Orignial (unpatched, depatched) Run! Empty Re: Orignial (unpatched, depatched) Run!

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Do you have any target build in mind? DWGR, elemental weapons, crystal ring shield mayhaps?
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Nope; no plans. Limitation will be lack of opportunity to be summoned to help others defeat their bosses for humanity and souls. Weapon upgrades will be more difficult.

I suppose the first challenge will be Capra Demon. I wouldn't mind using the "Z" on him, if I'm able.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:36 am

I watched this video again and noticed some additional differences. I did not get souls for killing the skeletons in the graveyard or the ghosts in New Londo Ruins.

Well.. I'm off to the Undead Parish!
    Lacedaemon

Post by Lacedaemon Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:09 am

I started doing this recently as well! But I can't upload, but yes there are so many differences in the mechanics before the patches happened. One thing I would reccomend would be to not use any of the glitches that were available pre-patch. At least not until after NG is done. They really take down the difficulty. As long as not using glitches I would also say to try and stay away from pyromancy and crystal ring shield, as well as DWGR just because of how much easier they make the game. It feels like playing dark souls again, back when you actually got that ecstatic feeling for killing each boss. :p Obviously you don't need to take these to heart, I just think if you were looking for a nice challenge to overcome, that's the way to go
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:28 pm

I've found at least four differences in the Upper Undead Burg.

Do you think I should ring the second bell first? I'm also thinking about doing a hard-core journey to Pinwheel before crafting a divine weapon.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Here's the third video. I had trouble editing it and I'm not happy with the low volume on the commentary, but this video does show the most changes to the game thus far.

Next up: I plan on going back to the Northern Undead Asylum and taking out the Hydra (maybe Havel, too).

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:18 am

I have a pair of videos posted to show the changes in the Northern Undead Asylum.

I brightened the video halfway through the first one, but I may need to brighten it further. What do you think?

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:42 am

In this video, we get to experience Blighttown (before the patch)! Lots and lots of changes! Video 10 is uploading now. Thanks for watching!

I recommend that you watch this video on the YouTube site so you can make the window larger; it will be easier to notice changes to the items in the background.

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:13 pm

This is my favorite video that I've posted thus far. Part 1 is up and I'll start editing Part 2 in the morning. Let me know what you think of it. Thanks.

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:21 am

This is the video that contains the first look at black phantom Engorged Zombies. I wonder if this is what gave people the impression that you could be "gravelorded" offline in an unpatched (or earlier patched) game.

I've recorded two videos after this one, which should be online later today, and I haven't seen a repeat of these enemies. I think I'm going to go see the Pardoner to see if I have sinned. I'll return to the Painted World with sin and see what happens. I may wait until after I have the Lord's Vessel before I return, but I haven't decided yet.

However, if you can be "gravelorded" offline, I wonder if the gravelord sign is somewhere in the level and you have to find it before you can invade the offline gravelord. Interesting, eh?

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Bad news, guys. My elgato game capture HD device is producing output to my computer, but not to my monitor. This means I can only view output from the PS3 with a 2- or 3-second delay. Completely unworkable to play a game.

If I can figure out a way to fix the problem or get the delay down to a split-second, I may be able to continue recording game play soon. This sucks. It was working fine about 24 hours ago.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm up and running full bore again.

Here is the boss fight of Anor Londo. See how Knight Solaire performs!

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm stumped and I need advice. Does anyone remember how to open the Izalith Shortcut from the Izalith side (before the Patches)? I'm getting the "Locked by some contraption" message after I got the Sunlight Maggot.

Bed of Chaos is still alive and Quelaag's sister is dead. I killed her to put sin on my character and I wanted her Firekeeper Soul. I hope I don't need to be a Chaos Servant+2 to open it.

Although, I suppose, I really don't need it open, but I haven't completed the Siegmeyer quest yet, (he should be in the Blighttown Swamp), and this shortcut would have been nice for when I come back.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:07 pm

IIRC, you need a Chaos +2.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:11 pm

I really wish the game was still this hard!

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Okay Guys, the Bare Souls playthrough is complete. I want to go to the Painted World in ng+ to see if I could be Gravelorded while offline. Post any requests you have and I can put up a video on it.

By the way, I did not use any of the glitches during my playthrough. I finished at Soul Level 76, in 27 hours 30 minutes.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:37 pm

There be black phantoms here!

I am interested in hearing your theories on what caused the black phantoms to appear and then disappear.

I'm willing to do more experimentation to see if your theory can be proven.

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Video 18-J is uploading now. I have a good understanding of what makes the Black Phantoms appear and disappear. There are also a lot of BP Engorged Zombies there, too!

Any suggestions on what to do before I kill Priscella and see if the BPs are still here?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:42 am

One thing I really have take n form all these videos, is that at 4x speed dark souls sounds hilarious. Oscar at 4x completely ruins the intensity of his mission, and the bloated hollows in painted world sound like balloons popping :3
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:14 pm

This is the video that answers the question: Do the Black Phantoms in ng+ remain in the Painted World while offline and Crossbred Priscilla is dead?

Thanks for watching, guys!

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Oh, Shoot! or words to that effect. I go online after almost a month of doing the unpatched run only to find that I was one of the selected to do a dark souls II beta test.

I wonder if it was because I pre-ordered Dark Souls....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm