Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Green__Eagle
xero006
6 posters

Oh Dear Lord, please tell me I didn't kill Solaire

xero006

Oh Dear Lord, please tell me I didn't kill Solaire Empty Oh Dear Lord, please tell me I didn't kill Solaire

Post by xero006 Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:45 am

I'm looking for a little, or perhaps A LOT of help here:

So, I took the time to get to Level 2 in the Chaos covenant, and got to the special shortcut to Lost Izalith.  As I was killing the bugs, I chased the crystal lizard up the stairs after the door a little bit and killed it before I killed all the bugs.  The area title of 'Lost Izalith' did not appear.  I went back down the stairs to kill the bugs, and Solaire already was hostile with the maggot thing on his head!  

Is there a way to fix this, or do I just have to accept that he is gone for this playthrough? I'm really hoping that this isn't the end of my buddy the goofy sun knight!
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Oh Dear Lord, please tell me I didn't kill Solaire Empty Re: Oh Dear Lord, please tell me I didn't kill Solaire

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:53 am

Yep. Sad to say you need to put him out of his misery.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Oh Dear Lord, please tell me I didn't kill Solaire Empty Re: Oh Dear Lord, please tell me I didn't kill Solaire

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:29 pm

I always cut off his quest line by not talking to him so I can do lost izalith w/o the shortcut and not kill him. It's possible to open the shortcut from the other side in any covenant, and then advance his quest line later anyway.

The only downside is that you have to fight firesage and centipede, the latter w/o solaire. However, both of them are pretty easy.
    Aldaris

Post by Aldaris Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Yep, you've gotta put him down. It's not the end of the world, though, his talisman is decent and his armor set looks awesome. On NG+ you can both be sunbros!
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:13 pm

I never did like that you have to *not* be a warrior of sunlight to save him, at least I didn't until I realized you could block his quest line and save him anyway. Still, it seems like the sunlight covenant is the one that *should* save him, not the freaking daughters of chaos!
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:45 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:I never did like that you have to *not* be a warrior of sunlight to save him, at least I didn't until I realized you could block his quest line and save him anyway.  Still, it seems like the sunlight covenant is the one that *should* save him, not the freaking daughters of chaos!
    Actually, if you stand up against that door to Lost Izalith, and use poison mist, it will start damaging and kill the Chaos Bug, (You'll know when it dies because it gives more souls then the others.) You don't even need an attunement slot for this, thinks to the Seance Ring.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    TheMeInTeam wrote:I never did like that you have to *not* be a warrior of sunlight to save him, at least I didn't until I realized you could block his quest line and save him anyway.  Still, it seems like the sunlight covenant is the one that *should* save him, not the freaking daughters of chaos!
    Actually, if you stand up against that door to Lost Izalith, and use poison mist, it will start damaging and kill the Chaos Bug, (You'll know when it dies because it gives more souls then the others.) You don't even need an attunement slot for this, thinks to the Seance Ring.
    Wow! Very nice! I hadn't even considered this possibility. Very useful tip.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:15 am

Praise the Sun 
    I kill Solaire when I first meet him for the SSS and shield. His armor looks cool as a crusader style but I dont like the green in it. The helmet is awesome though. (Barrel Helms ftw)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 am