Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
skarekrow13
Marino.
Hugh_G_Johnson
WaffleGuy
reim0027
FexDS
Bontee
twigsterxd
Hatsune Miku
Reaperfan
Zeta Prime
GrinTwist
Rynn
Onion Knight
jaythibodeau
Carphil
The Letter X
Sentiel
Leet
Dibsville
Soul of Stray Demon
Shakie666
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Soris Ice Goldwing
Latitoast
Emergence
Serious_Much
31 posters

New Forum Layout!- Suggestions and Bugs

FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

New Forum Layout!- Suggestions and Bugs - Page 4 Empty Re: New Forum Layout!- Suggestions and Bugs

Post by FexDS Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:40 am

Now if only you could change the color of that font silly
    Bontee
    Bontee
    Addicted
    Addicted

New Forum Layout!- Suggestions and Bugs - Page 4 Empty Re: New Forum Layout!- Suggestions and Bugs

Post by Bontee Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:06 am

FexDS wrote:Now if only you could change the color of that font silly
    If you're still using forumotion, it should be under the "Display" tab big grin

Heh... now it's on the right, on this screen I can't see that far, so I don't really mind. XD
    My only problem with this layout is now the buttons at the top are not centered, but forced to the left, and seem squished together. (Home, DkS Wiki, PM's, ect. buttons)
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:37 am

Hehe that's the color that he chose so he'll have to change himself winking

And indeed I need to remake the Navigation, just a lot on the list
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:39 am

I came to this forum to share some craziness regarding prism stones and never intended for it to be a permanent thing. I've stayed for the community and as far as I know the widgets shouldn't subliminally affect our personalities. That doesn't mean people should ignore it and blindly love it but yet another thing that separates this forum is that there was an immediate thread for providing feedback to the admins. AND the admins have interacted, explained the process etc. So far everyone's been good with sticking to providing feedback so it might seem weird for me to even post this. However, it's not a bad idea to remind people of why most of us have stuck around in the first place. Keep up the good work everyone!

Also, Sentiel Sentiel Sentiel. Have you even READ one of my 10 Minute Reviews? Pffft....IGN, [other site you mentioned]. [other site you mentioned]. What a bunch of dweebs! I'm reinventing the game review paradigm one week at a time. For example, how many of those other "review" sites bother to go on rants about the illogical characteristics of the word "d*****bag" in an article. Only one game journalist DARES to go there. Only one reviewer has the nerve to play a game for 10 minutes or so and make sweeping generalizations about it!

Skare's 10 Minute Game Reviews: When knowing about the whole game seems unnecessary!

Anyway, Sentiel, thanks for the opportunity for me to shamelessly plug my 10 Minute Game Review Format (new edition coming soon) in an unrelated thread. And yes, I see the actual point that if users aren't interested in the content provided with the extras it can be a turn off. But hey, you never know, maybe one day you're looking for something else and a Fextralife article catches your eye. It could happen
    TomBombadil515*
    TomBombadil515*
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TomBombadil515* Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:10 am

Serious_Much wrote:lol. I just feel sorry for our OCD friends who may be trying to use their laptops like a touch screen to move that final tab back to where it belongs silly
    That's me. *prostration*
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:15 am

And now skare is officially part of the furniture.

You're never leaving buddy silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:18 am

Furniture eh? Can I pick what piece I'd like to be?

Ottoman? Nah, raises too many foot fetish questions.

Bed? Well that could be REAAAAALLY nice but it depends on whose bed I suppose. Could also be a nightmare.

Chair? Bound to have a few foul odors come my way....

I pick bookshelf. That seems like a nice safe choice.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:59 am

Ha I knew I initiated the discontent scan too soon. It went on red alert the moment Sent waltzed in. It's actually called a Code Sent in the E-Bot manual. winking

Queue Sent's digging of further hole in 3,2,1...

silly
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:03 am

Dear Fex,

With this new layout it's harder to read the awesomr flavor text on my MTG av.  Please advise.

Last edited by Emergence on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled awesome as awesomr but I'm gonna leave it)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:15 am

Emergence wrote:Dear Fex,

With this new layout it's harder to read the awesomr flavor text on my MTG av.  Please advise.
    I couldn't read it before silly
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:20 am

That's the damn joke you pita.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:23 am

Cool, let me just go dunk my head under some water for being a moron
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:26 am

Dear E, I don't care. *cue Sersei imagery*
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:58 am

Bontee wrote:
    FexDS wrote:Now if only you could change the color of that font silly
    If you're still using forumotion, it should be under the "Display" tab big grin

Heh... now it's on the right, on this screen I can't see that far, so I don't really mind. XD
    My only problem with this layout is now the buttons at the top are not centered, but forced to the left, and seem squished together. (Home, DkS Wiki, PM's, ect. buttons)
    Same.

It is less intrusive than it was yesterday, so things are looking up.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:13 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Furniture eh?  Can I pick what piece I'd like to be?  

Ottoman?  Nah, raises too many foot fetish questions.  

Bed?  Well that could be REAAAAALLY nice but it depends on whose bed I suppose.  Could also be a nightmare.

Chair?  Bound to have a few foul odors come my way....

I pick bookshelf.  That seems like a nice safe choice.  
    You just wanted to be as close as possible to my signed copy of the GamerSutra didn't you. Busted
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:46 pm

As long as the Dreamlover 2000 user manual isn't up there too Fex
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:52 pm

That's safely... locked away. xD
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Then I believe we have come to an amicable arrangement. From this point forward, consider me the Forum bookshelf
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:29 pm

What am I, the Forum punching bag?crying 
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Credenza
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:26 pm

@skare
    No, I haven't read any of your reviews, nor I intend to, because I don't visit Fextralife, nor plan to.

@E
    I'm glad you know me well enough to make this kind of joke. big grin

Now that everything is located on the right side, the left side seems to be too close to the edge of my screen and the top menu is even more on the left side. If it was to be balanced properly horizontal-wise, it would look good and with everything on the right side, I could safely ignore everything you decide to put there, since I won't see it unless I scroll sideways. winking
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:13 pm

FexDS wrote:It is impossible to tailor the experience to each individual, as this thread demonstrates. Some people love seeing the information, others hate it.

What we aim for is the middle, like every other site/forum out there. If all it takes for you to "hate" the site is a few widgets popping up then I suppose you don't have much love for it to start with. sad
    I'm not quick to hate things, but I did dislike it as it was.

This works for me, though the option to disable it would still be appreciated.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Skare's 10 Minute Game Reviews: When knowing about the whole game seems unnecessary!
    So then, how do you differentiate yourself from other game reviewers winking?

Ottoman? Nah, raises too many foot fetish questions.
    I think of the Ottoman Empire every time I hear that used referencing furniture.  Quite the place to rest one's feet at leisure.  I'm pretty sure I've actually done that in civ a few times too. Meh med and Sully-man can suck one.

When this change got put up I actually just thought something was wrong with the forum, because it was giving my browser difficulty simply navigating back to the base forum page that lets you go into the subforums.  Then I kind of sort of noticed today that there's stuff on the right instead of the left, and marginally noted the presence of a calendar, which is like the outlook calendar I also keep on the right constantly and therefore blithely ignored since I only want to be looking at one calendar in my peripheral vision.

Somewhat amusingly, I auto-filtered (IE ignored instantly, a rather impressive ability when applied to actual work as it lets me focus on what I'm doing and not on potential distractions unless they're sufficient) the remaining materials on the right until reading this thread because I noticed the topic and that the forum's layout had changed.  Now that I know what's over there, I might actually read some of it if I get sufficiently bored, maybe.

As for the layout change itself, I'm pretty neutral to it.  I know, based on the above that's a real shocker.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:11 pm

How do I differentiate myself?
    I don't play the whole game. I use the first impression approach (and I'm the only one dammit). I play a couple games a night and make wild sweeping generalizations about the experience. It's for players like me who have a crazy ps+ backlog and can't afford the time to beat every game. I'm also not very concerned with "journalistic integrity" which is nice. Finally it's all my writing style so it's full of tangents and overall wackiness. Give it a read (except Sentiel, that ship has sailed winking just teasing there Sent and of course anyone is free to ignore my particular brand of nonsense).

And when I'm not writing game reviews I'm busy making quick recipes with even more nonsense. I'm quickly becoming my own favorite author! Come join the fun. And cheese sandwiches

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:02 pm

I don't play the whole game. I use the first impression approach (and I'm the only one dammit).
    No that's what other review sites and magazines do lol.

I'm also not very concerned with "journalistic integrity" which is nice.
    But you just admitted that, which means you're in the top 10% of all reviewers with integrity anyway. You're not even bought out!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am