Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Leet
CrackSouls
Green__Eagle
7 posters

SL1, Upper Undead Burg. Dual Jagged Ghost Blades

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

SL1, Upper Undead Burg. Dual Jagged Ghost Blades Empty SL1, Upper Undead Burg. Dual Jagged Ghost Blades

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:03 am

This is about a month old and I thought I had already posted it. I used my 7 cracked red eye orbs before I go into ng+.

CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

SL1, Upper Undead Burg. Dual Jagged Ghost Blades Empty Re: SL1, Upper Undead Burg. Dual Jagged Ghost Blades

Post by CrackSouls Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Is this not the definition of griefing?
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

SL1, Upper Undead Burg. Dual Jagged Ghost Blades Empty Re: SL1, Upper Undead Burg. Dual Jagged Ghost Blades

Post by Leet Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:56 pm

This is griefing. Why would you post this. No one in the forum is gonna appreciate this. No one thinks you're a talented player for this, no one thinks it's funny, and no one thinks it's cool. Plus, all you're doing is spamming R1, which i wouldn't expect anything more from someone griefing in the Burg with the audacity to actually post this on the forum.

By spamming R1, you are already aware that your weapons are OP enough at that part of the game to end a fight relatively quick. So obviously your intentions are to grief.

It's either that or you lack the amount of skill it takes to compete at a higher SL. Whatever the case may be, i am not impressed. This is stupid.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:43 pm

I don't know about "appreciate" it, but I don't see that it has to be met with such a harsh response. I've seen stuff by DSME, Rosie, etc here and those weren't all ducky/horsey/onlyinvadingprepared invasions either lol.

Unless he's running around with muled gear (which I look down on more than any legit griefing) I don't know that griefing is necessarily required to be treated so harshly.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:21 pm

TooLeet wrote:This is griefing. Why would you post this. No one in the forum is gonna appreciate this. No one thinks you're a talented player for this, no one thinks it's funny, and no one thinks it's cool. Plus, all you're doing is spamming R1, which i wouldn't expect anything more from someone griefing in the Burg with the audacity to actually post this on the forum.

By spamming R1, you are already aware that your weapons are OP enough at that part of the game to end a fight relatively quick. So obviously your intentions are to grief.

It's either that or you lack the amount of skill it takes to compete at a higher SL. Whatever the case may be, i am not impressed. This is stupid.
    He didn't present the video saying he was talented or the video was funny or cool. He posted the video saying he was invading in the Upper Undead Burg at SL 1 using dual +5 Jagged Ghost Blades, which is exactly what he's doing.

He may be griefing, but he never said his intention was to grief. He only used the 7 Cracked Red Eye Orbs that he acquired through his legit run of the game at SL 1. He even stated how he was not really a PvP'er. He just wanted to use his 7 attempts of invading before going into NG+.

I do believe griefing is wrong, but he acquired that equipment without the help of any "outside" sources. There's nothing we can really tell him - it's his choice.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:57 pm

I truly believe souls was designed for and has a place for every kind of player, even ones that are frowned upon, as long as they're playing within the rules of the game.

Yes, that means I think the game would be less dynamic without both gankers and griefers, and the eventual justice they get on occasion happy.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:08 pm

I liked the fourth host. Pretty boss of him.

I don't mind what I saw here. People get their panties in a bunch far too quickly.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:08 pm

I was a little harsh, i admit. The point is, he has all this gear but he's invading the part of the game where you're gonna be more likely to run into new players. He could have chose a lot of places to go, but he chose because he knew he had a higher chance of winning because of running into new players.

What i really don't get, is why Reim got called a griefer for wearing +3 armor and using a +5 Reinforced Club, but this guy is using Havel's with dual +5 Jagged Ghost blades and it's fine. Makes no sense to me.

He's stacking stamina so he can swing away at his new to the game enemies. He won't be interrupted with all the poise from Havel's. Seeing as he was invading the first place in the game you can invade, he knew what he was trying to do.

I do apologize for bein harsh. After re-reading what i said, it was over the top.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:20 pm

TooLeet wrote:Reim got called a griefer for wearing +3 armor and using a +5 Reinforced Club, but this guy is using Havel's with dual +5 Jagged Ghost blades and it's fine. Makes no sense to me.
    Same here. I don't get it.
    Reim was also invading lower Undead Burg, mostly. Where hosts got a chance to upgrade after finding Andre.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:35 pm

I've read through a few of reim's threads where he was doing low SL invasions. Each and every time he explained what he did to make things fair on the host, so not once did "griefer" come to mind when I read those threads.

Why someone else may want to call him that may be due to his position and popularity on the forums. As a well-known moderator, someone may be quicker to pull the griefer card on him. Which may be a natural thing since one would assume he'd promote not to cause grief to other players (which he and all the moderators do a great job of, mind you).

And not that I thought anyone was singling me out on this, I just didn't notice any comments in reim's thread from what I've read saying he was a griefer. I'll take a look now, in fact. I'm just pretty neutral on the subject of griefing in general.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:37 pm

CrackSouls wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:Reim got called a griefer for wearing +3 armor and using a +5 Reinforced Club, but this guy is using Havel's with dual +5 Jagged Ghost blades and it's fine. Makes no sense to me.
    Reim was also invading lower Undead Burg, mostly. Where hosts got a chance to upgrade after finding Andre.
    Someone not griefing gets called a griefer. Someone actually griefing is accepted. The logic is flawless.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:40 pm

The Letter X wrote:I've read through a few of reim's threads where he was doing low SL invasions. Each and every time he explained what he did to make things fair on the host, so not once did "griefer" come to mind when I read those threads.

Why someone else may want to call him that may be due to his position and popularity on the forums. As a well-known moderator, someone may be quicker to pull the griefer card on him. Which may be a natural thing since one would assume he'd promote not to cause grief to other players (which he and all the moderators do a great job of, mind you).

And not that I thought anyone was singling me out on this, I just didn't notice any comments in reim's thread from what I've read saying he was a griefer. I'll take a look now, in fact. I'm just pretty neutral on the subject of griefing in general.
    He was called a griefer on the very first page. More than one time.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:47 pm

And now I know. From the looks of things the argument died down so I won't give my opinion in the thread. It's prettymessed up about the differing opinions, but those differing oopinions came from different people. I'm sure the same people who thought reim was griefing would believe that Green was griefing.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:54 pm

By the looks of it, Reim is a griefer but this is fine. And my panties are just in a bunch. Look Skyward

But i digress.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:31 am

I'd call this griefing too. I fail to understand how that could be fun. It can't be fun for the hosts, nor is it fair at all. Unless they have a phantom with them, there is virtually no way these hosts can win. Not cool, IMO.

But, you can also see the flip side. Invading hosts with strikingly overpowered phantoms. Something has to be done to even things out. Otherwise, the host really doesn't have to do much work and just lets the phantom one-shot everything.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:36 am

TooLeet wrote:By the looks of it, Reim is a griefer but this is fine. And my panties are just in a bunch. Look Skyward

But i digress.
    In the interest of pointing out consistency, I defended Reim too. I would also assert that what Reim does is more skillful and argue that it isn't griefing.

I just don't have a problem with actual griefing, either. The game itself has some neat tricks for the player on a 1st playthrough happy.

If he invaded me with that setup I'd probably play some cliff kick games if he's too close, but just likely I'd just blow by everything and challenge the area boss, and in this case it would waste a cracked red eye orb too big grin.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:53 am

If he invaded me with that setup, I wouldn't even try to fight him. Waste of my time. I'd run for the boss, commit suicide, or just disconnect. I would then block them and move on with my game.

Some people enjoy trying to fight a sherman tank with a wiffle ball bat. That's fine. I'm not one of them.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:02 am

reim0027 wrote:If he invaded me with that setup, I wouldn't even try to fight him.  Waste of my time.  I'd run for the boss, commit suicide, or just disconnect.
    I used to do the same.
    Lately, though I have been fighting back. Even against hackers some times. That odd time when I can defeat some super OP twink... It feels like the ultimate troll.

You have been invaded by all Giant wielding Zaphander.
    *kicks off cliff*

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:11 am

That's how I feel as a Catbro in the forest. But, I come there prepared, and that is my goal. It is a great feeling to kill a ganker in the forest who feels invincible though.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:11 am

TooLeet wrote:
    CrackSouls wrote:
    Someone not griefing gets called a griefer. Someone actually griefing is accepted. The logic is flawless.  
    Different people in the thread. I didn't call him a griefer.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:20 am

Wow. Okay. I'm not good at PvP. I didn't want to invade in the forest because I would have been going against multiple opponents.

I heard the Upper Undead Burg was the new "hotspot" for PvP. As you can see, even a guy with starting equipment was able to parry me and backstab me for the kill. I tried to play honorably; I don't feel like I took advantage of anyone. And I ultimately lost.

I didn't intend to offend anyone on this forum by posting this either; I just thought you might find it interesting. I'm sorry.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:43 am

No need to apologize. Also, more than one of those guys were far from defenseless big grin.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:06 pm

There is a huge range of players in the Upper Burg. It is really frustrating. You either go on par with the starting questers and get slaughtered by the high SL campers and the elemental phantoms. Or, you go decked out, allowing you to compete with these campers and, in the process, destroy the starting questers.

Personally, I prefer to stay on par with the questers. Kill a camper? No big deal. Slaughter an early quester with way OP gear? That can leave a bad impression.

Maybe, if you run into someone who is likely an early quester, you could drop the Havel's armor. Many of the early questers have their starting armor and weapons. Even then, though, you'll still run into elementals.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm