Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

four kings help!!!

GamingTrench

four kings help!!! Empty four kings help!!!

Post by GamingTrench Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:50 pm

need help defeating the four kings...just when im about to take the second one out I get destroyed by the third...it feels impossible
    reim0027
    reim0027

four kings help!!! Empty Re: four kings help!!!

Post by reim0027 Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Moved to General Discussion Forum.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:11 am

You want a good weapon, although any maxed elemental will do.

Many people say to tank this fight.  If you want to do that, look it up on youtube because I can't make it work as well big grin.  I suggest dodging.  Rules:

1.  Roll into swings because the timing is more forgiving.
    2.  When king spins, roll backwards twice immediately.  If he makes like he's coming for you, roll to the side just after he starts moving.  Otherwise, just keep rolling backwards and dodge the magic blast.
    3.  Vs their magic homing attack, keep attacking them; just let it hit you.  Doing anything else wastes too much time.

I beat them today with just a lightning broadsword +5, and had some wiggle room there to boot.  On my other build I beat them dodge rolling on a str build with a manserpent greatsword +15 on new game plus.  If you put power within on such a weapon or buff it with CMW, Sunlight Blade, or Darkmoon Blade, you can probably get enough dps on any NG iteration without having to rely on red tearstone.

As long as you get in an attack or two between their swings and don't get grabbed more than maybe once, you'll be fine and will do enough dps on new game with any maxed weapon.  Heck, you can probably get away with raw +5 if you have any stat investment at all.  If you are too lazy to farm chunks/slabs, here is a list of good weapons that can be fully upgraded using only souls:

Dex:

Silver knight spear
    Silver knight straight sword
    Gold and Silver Tracers

Str:

Black knight weapons
    Giant blacksmith hammer (buy enough twinking titanite for the playthrough first!!!)
    Stone greataxe/greatsword
    Giants halberd (not a great weapon for pvp and heavy, but good enough for NG and probably a few NG+ for str builds)

Faith:

Grant (need much str also)
    Crescent Axe

Int:

Velka's rapier

Pyromancy:

If you want to beat 4kings easily, spam great combustion and combustion on them and boost with power within.  Doing so makes them a joke on NG, and if you throw on a crown of dusk + bellowing ring and stack great combustions you can probably carve up the 4 kings with pyros on any NG.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:25 pm

GamingTrench wrote:need help defeating the four kings...just when im about to take the second one out I get destroyed by the third...it feels impossible
    I can coop with you, what your sl?
    IHateTheFourKings
    IHateTheFourKings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by IHateTheFourKings Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:15 pm

I pretty much just wear Havel's set and spam combustion and great combustion. When I run out of casts for those spells, I dig in with Quelaag's Furysword.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am