Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The " know it all " stage

GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The " know it all " stage Empty The " know it all " stage

Post by GenericUsername Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 pm

Just thought I'd talk about that awful stage where you go around thinking you're the greatest mind on earth. It's comparable to perhaps the " grrr teen angst " thing and the whole " nobody else thinks the way I do im a special snow flake " thing. I of course bring this up because some kid was just talking, or more like shouting at me about how he was and I quote " going to turn the world of metaphysics upside down ".

I mean, I used to be there too back in highschool where I was such a pseudo intellectual jerk. I like to think I came around though, eventually I realized that just regurgitating everything that another person said pretty much put me on the same level with everyone else.

Hopefully I'm past that point now, but what about your experiences with it?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The " know it all " stage Empty Re: The " know it all " stage

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

That I used to be like that and I still kinda am, but now I know how to pick my spots better. More often that not, I just internalize muh smug.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:05 am

It starts when your 18 and think your god now till maybe mid-20s or when your 30.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:13 am

Well, to watch myself objectively I can say that sometimes I come across as a "knowitall", but I try my best to not do it. Of course, it's hard to be self-conscious at all times, as it's not always I go around trying to tell myself "Don't be a know it all". Now, my friends has told me I'm very much the opposite of that, and whenever I'm wrong about something I'm apologetic. The problem comes with when I am arguing with people I disagree with, where I can rarely ever budge from my stance on any given matter.

I've talked a lot with people (A person in particular comes to mind) that I, personally consider "know it all", and I can consider it quite annoying, unless they have things to back up their claim, however small their claim is.

I am at least trying my best to not be a person like that, and very often tries to be rational, and whenever I am wrong I'll admit. Unless I know, with a minimum of off 99 % certainty, that the person in question is wrong, then I'll do it.

Oh, and that "Special snowflake stage" is quite interesting. Everyone is unique, in that they're physically unique people with different upbringing and experience, but a lot of things has happened before, most things I can think of. Depression, "no one understands me", all that are things we all go through. I personally think that if someone is depressed they should be treated with respect and understanding, regardless if people have gone through something similar before.

Just out of curiosity, could you elaborate a little more on the "going to turn the world of metaphysics upside down ". I am quite interested now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am