Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Up Sh** creek without a paddle. (GFWL issues)

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Up Sh** creek without a paddle. (GFWL issues)  Empty Up Sh** creek without a paddle. (GFWL issues)

Post by Yarxov Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:55 pm

So, back when I had no intention to play the rather new 360 online, I set my Gamertag as my real name. When I activated my CD key for PTDE on the PC I entered my default Email address, not thinking to check the tag or anything. So I, an incredibly private person had the pleasure of playing a rage inducing game, legendary for its hate mail, with my Real Name displayed. That alone is awful, but no matter! I can just point it out to a mod on XBL..oh wait nevermind they changed the rules so Real Names are totally Ok, even If I am a minor. Not wanting to pay $10 to change my name for a Single game I decided ill look at it like a challenge to them, instead of hiding behind a visage they should fear the real me.
    Until I noticed you could 'switch' Gamertags between Microsoft Accounts through an overly complex series of email verifications. I recently attempted this and can attest that it does NOT work the way they make it seem. Yes, you get the correct Email connected to the Gamertag, but 'Plot Twist!' all your games are tied to the Gamertag and profile, not the microsoft account AS IT SHOULD BE.
    So when Testing this out for the first time GFWL notifies me that names and accounts have changed so Ill have to relog in, first time it told me that the email and profile didnt have a CD key (thats what tipped me off about the above ********) I tried the email that currently has my old Gamertag (and name) and it skipped right to the "Downloading Profile" screen....aaaand...sat there. It wont actually download the profile, at all. Ran as Admin, reinstalled GFWL, reinstalling DkS now, and yes I tried my target profile again and it skipped the "No CD Key" BS and went right to the not downloading profile.

I am cursed. Any ideas? Or will I just have to go hollow?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Up Sh** creek without a paddle. (GFWL issues)  Empty Re: Up Sh** creek without a paddle. (GFWL issues)

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:01 pm

That's pretty awful. Can't you ask people to complain/report on your name so then you can change your name?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Up Sh** creek without a paddle. (GFWL issues)  Empty Re: Up Sh** creek without a paddle. (GFWL issues)

Post by Yarxov Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:07 pm

I saw some threads talking about that when looking up ways, newer ones were saying that it doesnt work. My main issue is not being able to play the game at all, I can get over the name issue, it not working means my copy (my 2nd one) is broken.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:11 pm

That's a terrible predicament, I'm sorry. I don't really know how to help you. straight face 
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:37 pm

OKAY. So, I fixed it in the most humiliatingly obvious way ever.
    Spoiler:
    So the account switch didnt work (at all.) but I can play now and I didnt even lost my saves.
    Close one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm