Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

[Video] All Bossfights on NG+4 with Sorcerer

DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

[Video] All Bossfights on NG+4 with Sorcerer Empty [Video] All Bossfights on NG+4 with Sorcerer

Post by DarkGerald Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi all,

I've made a video during my last playthrough on the xbox of all 26 bossfights incl DLC. Yes I was bored and yes I wanted to try out my new game capture thingy big grin

But in regards to my "easiest way to play DS" thread I also wanted to show that the sorcerer is indeed OP in DS PvE, especially with Pursuers on NG++ and beyond.

So here it goes, 17 mins of brutal easy boss slaughtering:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4oKfsc-cek

have fun winking
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

[Video] All Bossfights on NG+4 with Sorcerer Empty Re: [Video] All Bossfights on NG+4 with Sorcerer

Post by Yarxov Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 am

I kept forgetting that all of that is NG+4. Why From? Why would you add spells like that?
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

[Video] All Bossfights on NG+4 with Sorcerer Empty Re: [Video] All Bossfights on NG+4 with Sorcerer

Post by DarkGerald Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:46 am

I ask myself the same question, Pursuers really take out the challenge of Dark Souls bosses. I thought the Crystal Soul Mass to be OP but when I realized how much damage the Pursuers do (while almost always hitting) I barely use the CSM anymore.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:17 am

Ive seen a few people using them in the Forest. Usually right when you spawn.
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:37 am

I use them in general in PvP but not as spawn-kill because most of the time I'm the invader big grin. In a regular fight they are very effectiv too: either they hit or the target runs out of stamina due to constant rolling - then you hit with CSP winking
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:08 pm

On my NG+7 character, I find that crystal soul spear massively outdamages any other spell, including pursuers and dark bead. I think by then the bosses defence is so high that the extra 'effective' defence against multi-projectile spells means that they do less than the CSS. Although, I haven't used the TCC/manus catalyst much, or power within. Maybe they would make the difference.
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:00 pm

They do, believe me. Plus pursuers hit much more often fast moving bosses like Gwyn and so on, which is why I prefere them over CSP.

[EDIT]: you actually see it on my fight versus Seath around 10:26, the Pursuers hit for 2476 and the CSP "only" for 1406.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:53 pm

DarkGerald wrote:They do, believe me. Plus pursuers hit much more often fast moving bosses like Gwyn and so on, which is why I prefere them over CSP.

[EDIT]: you actually see it on my fight versus Seath around 10:26, the Pursuers hit for 2476 and the CSP "only" for 1406.
    If you look closely, you'll notice that the 2476 is the sum of the pursuers + CSS damage (since it hit before the 1406 went away). So the pursuers really only did 1370 damage. Admittedly, Seath has higher magic defence than most bosses, but on NG+7 it becomses high enough to also apply to any boss.

Incidentally, against for four kings a buffed falchion has even more dps than sorcery (since they hardly move). If you stand right next to them in full havel's you don't even need to dodge (just keep havel's shield on hand for blocking you kings' magic).
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Hmm you might be right, I thought the 3000something damage is CSP+P. Though you see it on other fights in the video, Pinwheel is hit for 1900 by CSP and then P add to a total damage of 4906, same goes for the gapping Dragon and for the 4 Kings where you see pretty well the difference.

Though this might be very boss dependable - on Manus the P do practically no damage, which is why I used CSM.

Btw I only use P on bossfights, for common enemies I'm running around with 50 CSM and some CSPs equiped winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 am