Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Kerberos-013
Rudmed
billy_bayonet
wolfboy
hageshisa
Noir_CZ
Nccbd
DoughGuy
bmurn
cloudyeki
Serious_Much
peaceful_sabre
kiwi_commander
aceluby
Gol
Doelker
Rynoa
DxV04
WyrmHero
Maneater_Mildred
JohnnyHarpoon
eninala
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
PhlyingDutchman
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
33 posters

Dark Moon Blades.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dark Moon Blades. - Page 9 Empty Re: Dark Moon Blades.

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:32 pm

with my sl 80 dm
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:51 am

I got a sl85 DM that invaded my sl100 yesterday. Was pretty amazed : o
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Yep - Forum Pirate is right on the money.The primary reason why DMs invade downward so often is the constrained upward invasion restriction (@10 +10%) and the almost unrestrained downward invasion possibility. This is especially true if you have a high level DM - your more likely to find a guilty host downward than upward. DM invasions are basically inverse of DW invasions - many players see this as unfair. This argument is illogical in my opinion because DMs whole reason for existence is to serve justice upon the guilty therefore the host's SL should be rendered irrelevant - if a host has guilt then you should be vulnerable to DM invasions. FROM did balance all of this by adding restrictions - DM invasions have a lower priority than other invaders. We may have to wait for a while for an invasion but when we do get one we have to make it count twisted .
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Add to that, that many people bb's builds with sin (which carries the sin to the new file) and got invaded by a sl 145 dm at sl 9. Being impatient enough to not check the details of the glitch, they blame the dms and say we're hacking or the orb is glitched.

There is also that the occasional wraith glitches to invade blue, leading people to believe that we can invade sinless players. (we can't)

People think we're unfair, people are pricks, we're pricks back, stragglers are cought by us when we're being pricks, they're pricks back, repeat ad nauseaum.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Hmm I'm living proof that DM's are the same as other players. Just yesterday when I was DMing in Anor Londo a guy was having issues with playing solo let alone being invaded and communicated this to me. He also informed me I had some 60 sl up on him. I gave him all the advice I could and then killed myself to give him some souls. We are no different than any other players. We have good players and bad player, honorable players and ruthless players, good people and bad people. Judging us by our invasion methods is even more foolish as most people who do so have no idea how it actually works and completely ignore our ring invasions which are just as risky as Forest Hunter invasions. Oh and hey Forum long time no see. Still defending DM's I see. Oh and disclaimer I didn't read all of the posts just tossed in my take as usual. Sorry for any redundant or irrelevant comments.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:43 pm

I despise 2 things, intolerance and willful ignorance. I do my best to alleviate them wherever I find them. (I realise being intolerant of intolerance makes me a hypocrite)

Yeah, the cpu blue screened and had to be fixed. Took a while.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:20 pm

Ah well I respect that everybody can play the way they choose so long as they abide by accepted rules. I don't mind a griefer if they play through at sl 1 to get the gear to grief but if they bb glitched it I take issue as that is a perversion of the game in my opinion. I dislike gankers and griefers but so long as they don't cheat to do so. I personally think that is fair enough. And I do my best to avoid ignorance and if I prove ignorant I try to apologize for it and remedy it. But that's just me. Hmm well good that you got it fixed then.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:19 am

I have come to the conclusion that us darkmoons are too badass to even NEED a covenant!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:44 am

I was in it for the bright blue sword.

.....anyone else in it for the bright blue sword?
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 pm

I am impressed and humbled by the Darkmoon Covenent members. Dark Moon Blades. - Page 9 1330857165

I have been working on a new build and decided to earn the Darkmoon catalyst. I have never before played a Darkmoon and last night spent 4 hours using the ring in Dark Anor Londo. I thought my experience earning the fog ring in the forest was bad. I averaged 10 invasions an hour and was ganked by two waiting for me at the spawn point all but 4 times. It was brutal. I managed only 4 victories. At least in the forest there are trees, uneven terrain and mobs to help out. Also three different spawn points. In dark Anor Londo you're on your own unless another invader comes along.

Only 6 more victories to go..... Maybe I'll try the blue orb in the Forest. Dark Moon Blades. - Page 9 3358384175
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:10 pm

This is my first post here. I love the DMBs and I've finally gotten 30 souvenirs and obtained the +2 Darkmoon Blade. Used with a fully buffed Obsidian Greatsword it is a monster big grin

Any Xbox DMs out there at level 200?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm