Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
WandererReece
Rarayn
DreadnaughtWrex
anath
Hellion7776
Ghadis_God
Wilkinson3424
SunlightCrusader
ViralEnsign_
MARKINEMPAC82
KomradDakka
User
Demon Slayer
gaybull39
DoughGuy
Garl_Vinland
Kirk-Barb
berkut
WyrmHero
nsane32
skarekrow13
cloudyeki
Serious_Much
WarriorOfSunlight
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
callipygias
befowler
32 posters

Praise the Sun(bros)!

befowler
    befowler

Praise the Sun(bros)! - Page 2 Empty Re: Praise the Sun(bros)!

Post by befowler Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 am

So my sl35 blighttown/depths sunbro now has 198 sunlight medals purely from coop. I don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed by this. But it has a really fun effect - now whenever I earn another one, it instead drops on the ground for the host in their world. So when we kill a boss, the host gets their usual sunlight medal just from having me involved, and then they can run over and pick up mine as well. I'm dishing out medals at twice the rate of a regular sunbro. Praise the freakin' sun!
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:59 am

Being a sunbro member that helps out with S&O frequently, I would just like to point out that the greater lightning spear is indeed very valuable in that fight. While useless against O, against S it does modest damage, and one or two will easily stunlock him. I have had super S be stunlocked by me and another sunbro sit there hurling greater lightning spears at him, preventing him from but stomping the host.

\o/
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:31 pm

I figured this video may help a bit with Sunbros who wish to help out in NG+, this build is very nice, and on my Gravelord I use something similar to kill bosses and it is extremely effective.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:48 pm

for bosses I just pull out my GSOA and high faith drop em in a few hits
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:49 am

Nice find tolvo, that is almost exactly my default build right down to the weapons/shields. 'cept I stop at dex 18 for the pharis bow minimum and try to keep vit up instead. Also put Int to 44 for CSS. It is quite effective in both PvE and PvP.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Had my worst moment as a Sunbro yesterday. Doing co-op at New Londo with my sl 159 sorceress, summons were fast and furious to the point of wracking up souls by the million. So we clear the room before the fog door and he gets invaded. I run back and see the invader jumping down the shortcut. I arm HCS and as I round the corner I see the invader starting to bow... Oh S***! My character did that stumble they do when you 180, but it was too late: 5 Crystal Soulmasses to the top of his head. The host jumped in and finished him off with me prostrating in regret over and over.

Got a nice message from him, so I felt a little better, but I dirty'd the Sunbro/ho rep a little yesterday.

*edit* Turns out he is an active member here, and still as classy (and forgiving) as he was yesterday.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Something similar happened to me the other day on my GL, I was trying to level up by Co-Oping in Anor Londo, because tons of people still need help with O&S as you mentioned at high levels. I got summoned, and saw an invader attacking the host, so my instant reaction was flip over and attack. I stunlocked the invader then bowed over his body. It was at this moment I saw a sunbro in the room, who taunted over the dead body as did the host, and noticed I was in Dark Anor Londo. sad

I couldn't even prostrate because the character doesn't have the gesture, I tried to message the DM but they put me on ignore, assuming I was just a farmer. I felt, so dirty.

In other news, Befowler in the comments of that video I've been talking with people and trying to recruit them to the forums haha.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:38 am

What is the right sl for consistent summons in New Londo? I've literally never been summoned there unless it was set up beforehand.

Anor Londo I also almost never get summoned at sl 100 or higher but others seem to have better luck.

Good work on the recruitment efforts tolvo, any confirmed new members?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:39 am

SL 70-120 I see a lot of action there...But *** man...NG++ Four Kings, it's scary.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Funnest fight in the game. I get near constant summons for stretches of an hour or so with 3 or the 4 characters I leave there, then it'll go quiet for 30 minutes, then BAM-O, back in bidness.

The 3 most successful SLs are 159, 137 and 120. I'm making a 175 now (got him to 160ish) to see if I can stretch it a little more. The more +++s the better.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:16 pm

I think the slow spots are server/lobby related, like your sign ends up in a time zone without many players at that point. I see it every 5-6 summons, I just redrop my sign after a few minutes.

I will have to try my 120s in there, I never get summoned for some reason. Usually put my sign on that little tower leading down from firelink; is it better to put it right near the abyss tower?
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:26 pm

I get summoned best when I put it in the area with the hollows at the start
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Center circle of the first bridge is the best spot, I've found. SL 120 should get you plenty of summons, but I'll warn you that much of the time the host, believe it or not, will be on NG, so it can be kind of boring. If you have a character somewhere around 150 give them a try too. I've gotten summons as high as NG+4, the host confirmed. That's a heck of a fight.

I'm really hoping the sl 175 thing works out.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Near the arch way leading to New Londo by the hollows is the best spot if you ask me. But be careful, you will find the odd farming bunch...Yeah, there's some there too.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBZHT93lCP4
    Brightened up my day for sure.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:26 am

Great series of coop videos! This game is so much more fun with jolly coop. Plus I love working through a tough area only to find a highly rated praise the sun msg at the end of it.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Thank You Brothers of the Sun.

I'm lvl 20 and its my very first run through of the game. Last night I was ready to take on the Undead Parish and summoned one of your brothers to assist me. His equipment was appropriate for my level and area. He had chain, claymore, and shield. We took on the armored pig and the knight at the top of the tower. He knew his stuff, but let me fight at his side and didn't hog all the glory. It was my first time in the area, I had researched it though, but he made me confident of victory in each battle.

Unfortunately as we battled before the closed gateway, we were invaded. I was fighting below against a spear wielding soldier who was giving me fits, and he was above with the archers. The invader sped by me like I wasn't there and attacked my holy protector. I used 3 estus flasks just to be sure he was fully healed, but by the time I got to the stairway to join him, the invader was coming down and he was gone.

Then began a cat and mouse game of me just trying to survive and find someway to put this guy down. Three times I managed to summon the sun warrior, and three times he valiently took the field against this invader. I just couldn't bring him back a 4th time, even though he made himself available like a real trooper. This invader was just too well equiped and very skilled. He always kept us seperated. Never an opportunity to double team. I just suck at fighting invaders. The invader always went for the Sun Brother over me. Though he fought with honor and bravery, the invader was just too much for him. Finally I just took my lumps. I want to say he was a fine example of your covenant and I honor him with this post.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Great story kirk-barb, we love to hear legends of valiant sunbros (and of your efforts as well!). It's awesome you were able to summon him repeatedly even though the invader sounds like he was very powerful (unfortunately there are a lot of them in that area). I often use my sl20 sunbro in the Parish as well, and have met some great fellow sunbros there. It is an extremely dangerous area, and the best I hope to accomplish is get my host through it as painlessly as possible. As the saying goes in Futurama, when you've done it right, they won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Had one recently where the invader ran ahead and dropped the portcullis on us. Whenever we tried to go the long way around, he would raise it and try to run up behind us and backstab us. If we turned on him, he'd run back and drop it again. Finally I ran way ahead and got up on the top walkway. The next time he raised it, I flipped off the walkway onto the lower one below (where the two crossbow hollows are), then flipped off that and ran up and got him before he could drop it again. It's rainin' sunbros!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:06 am

Just wanted to give a thanks to the sunbros in Anor Londo, whomever you are. I've had some great coop in there recently, and seen some masterful S&O runs, including with a glorious fatrolling sunbro in smough's with a demon great hammer. Half the screen was bright orange whenever you looked at him. Praise the sun!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Hey Befowler I just thought I should mention this, but the Men in Tights will actually be ignoring Sunbros in the forest, if they make it apparent they are going for the boss. That is a rule of thumb of ours, if the people are going for the boss ignore them. So I just thought I should mention it here so that if people see a tights wearing man in a pharis hat, that they should merely go on their way to Sif.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 pm

Man I just love being a Sunbro. I don't think there is any other co-operation expieriance as jolly as this! I'm kinda retired at the moment 'cause of lack of time but I look foward to coming back. Praise the Sun everybody!
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRfVpk-V86Q&context=C412962eADvjVQa1PpcFMhnNQAlOf5VELHVsHyrHSG03_hhmY4oTw=
    Another co-op series. All the way to Gwyn on this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhV-GnVq3Rc&feature=relmfu
    Also a Demon's Souls series.
    Sun
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:52 am

Information is up - https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3886p285-drawing-the-covenant-lines#79844
    This is being posted to all allies of both sides.
    gaybull39
    gaybull39

Post by gaybull39 Sat May 12, 2012 6:03 pm

New Sunbro here, had some good help from other bros, and now helping back. Loving jolly co-operation so far. Praise the sun!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu May 17, 2012 2:43 pm

I've said it before, but I am really loving sunbroin' in Anor Londo on my sl58. It's a notoriously painful level to do in a single run, particularly with a new host, and the length guarantees one or more invasions (my record is 5). Getting a host all the way from the start through successful S&O victory is incredibly rewarding and I've gotten all sorts of nice thank you notes about it. I'd also like to commend some other great sunbros I've teamed up with in there:

-- One sunbro who was losing a fight with a powerful darkwraith who lured the DW close to the edge of a buttress and then hurled himself off on purpose (actually turning and jumping) so that the DW's target lock would drag him right along too and we could continue on.

-- Another who ran in front of a dragonslayer arrow up in the rafters to save a host

-- A hilarious sunbro in full smoughs who helped me get a noob all the way to S&O and actually killed both a DMB and a DW using only a 1hd spiked club for some reason

-- Mysterious japanese player sunbro who tanked a NG+ (or more) super orenstein after both the host and I ran out of healing

I salute you!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:02 am