Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
SlakeMoth
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WarriorOfSunlight
PlasticandRage
befowler
Wade_Wilson
10 posters

Flamelurker, why do you even exist

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Flamelurker, why do you even exist Empty Flamelurker, why do you even exist

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:14 pm

You are the most pointless, frustratingly unfair boss I have ever met. I would rather fight Ornstein and Smough, at level 1, solo and without armour.
    befowler
    befowler

Flamelurker, why do you even exist Empty Re: Flamelurker, why do you even exist

Post by befowler Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Yeah, but like all bosses once you figure out his moves he is cake. In particular

Spoiler:
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:44 pm

I always use this method:

Spoiler:
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:46 pm

There are always tools at your disposable to help you win, you'll eventually triumph and get that sense of reward.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:03 pm

plus he allows
    Spoiler:
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Yes I remember him being a right b*****d but worse than O&S? No way. I seem to remember hiding behind some bones and spamming him with soul arrows. I think I managed to get him trapped and running on the spot which made him a piece of cake. Oh and there's always that spell you can use, a bit like flash sweat which helps.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Decided to try the tower of latria instead, because the guy in the nexus wont sell me magic weapon. Any ideas as to why he wont sell me it?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:03 pm

Whats he saying instead? There are a few reasons it could be happening. Like Big Hat Logan you have to meet a certain INT requirement for him to sell you anything. I can't remember what it is exactly, like 12 - 14 I think, somewhere in that ballpark. Or you could be trying to buy a spell that requires a boss soul in trade. Look around on the store menu and if that's the case it should say a specific soul is required.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:28 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Whats he saying instead? There are a few reasons it could be happening. Like Big Hat Logan you have to meet a certain INT requirement for him to sell you anything. I can't remember what it is exactly, like 12 - 14 I think, somewhere in that ballpark. Or you could be trying to buy a spell that requires a boss soul in trade. Look around on the store menu and if that's the case it should say a specific soul is required.

He telling me something like, "I have nothing to do with rogues like yourself." I have base INT with the soldier starting class, thats probably why.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Yeah your INT isn't high enough. According to the wiki it has to be 10 or above for that particular character. I'm pretty sure there's an even higher one to deal with the higher level magic trainer, however there's another one, who teaches more raw magical abilities, who I don't think requires any kind of prerequisite.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:37 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Yeah your INT isn't high enough. According to the wiki it has to be 10 or above for that particular character

Its actually sad that flamelurker is causing me so much trouble that Im buffing my INT and magic just so that I can use magic weapon for this one boss fight.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Wade, just make a magic weapon, it's not that hard if i'm honest just do tower of latria part 1 first and you'll have the stuff to make one. With that he'll be toast big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm telling you man you don't need to do that at all. Look at my spoiler post. It isn't any plot elements, just lurker tactics. I spoiler'd it in case your set on figuring it out on your own, but upgrading magic just for that battle is wholly unnecessary.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Okay, I'll try finish tower of latria (just got shat on by a flurry of crossbow bolts) and the its round two.. no, three *******!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Wade you let that thing attack? I knew it was bad news when it started up, thought to myself that there was DEFINITELY a way round that giant killing machine silly
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Wade you let that thing attack? I knew it was bad news when it started up, thought to myself that there was DEFINITELY a way round that giant killing machine silly

Dude, I have no idea what Im doing. The tower of latria spooked me so much that I got lost.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:20 pm

I really like that whole area. The second section of it is probably my favorite in the game.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Hey wade are you playing the game offline? If you want to coop or help on any bosses I have characters leveled to help from 10 till 120 and up. If you are interested I can act as a flamelurker meat shield haha
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Plastic, for sure 3-2 is most atmospheric place in there, though it's also damn confusing too silly
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Flamelurker, why do you even exist Empty What do I do?

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Yukon wrote:Hey wade are you playing the game offline? If you want to coop or help on any bosses I have characters leveled to help from 10 till 120 and up. If you are interested I can act as a flamelurker meat shield haha

What are the requirements for summoning? Do I need to be human?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Wade yeah you need to be human

however you can become human by helping someone with a boss big grin

I'm not sure of SL requirements though as I didn't use online play at all in first playthrough but use the 10% rule and you'll be golden lol!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:57 pm

you don't have to make a magic weapon... there some of the magic damage buff item in the level before flamelurker (to the left of the spot where guys chuck boulders at you) its called sticky white stuff and you can also farm it from some enemies in world 5 and 4
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Yeah that flame lurker is one evil boss. That Boss killed me more times than the final boss did
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:00 pm

3-2 can absolutely be confusing. It's designed so well though. I remember being really reluctant to wade into the swamp my first time through.

@Wade: You're probably going to need to summon someone for the 3-2 (Latria's second area) Boss. It's kinda designed that way. Of course there's a way around it but it sort of negates the entire battle.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:16 pm

Plastic, didn't summon help for maneaters, got em 3rd try (the time they decided to not knock me off the bridge silly)

Wade, do every boss solo! It's your first run and from a guy who did it total melee it's not that insurmountable after your Dark experience big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 am