Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Pargar-theGreat
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Glutebrah
PlasticandRage
BARZOHD-
Blazefury
Cloudrunner
dst_alshamsi
Doelker
ublug
elvishlunatic
Yarxov
theAnimus
Reaperfan
BoilerFan8472
Carphil
Zakkia
Serious_Much
22 posters

Anyone want to compare Dark and Demon's?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Anyone want to compare Dark and Demon's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone want to compare Dark and Demon's?

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:41 am

I dont really get the tendency.. TO me I've died on levels and still have pure white, i think the tendency only changes if you are killed by a demon (boss) thats what the game told me at least, then again we know what FROM are like with giving us information silly

I dont really mind about the unique interactions this playthrough, if i get em then cool if i dont i never knew they were there to begin with. The way im going is fun though big grin

although i went into 2-2? i think it is went outside boss room and a sign kindly told me i needed magic weapon, alarm bells were screaming. Went in and Flamelurker. The boss that i heard people complain about on these forums so damn much. Rather than take him on, i instantly homeward boned (dont know demons name for it) out of there XD

I knew that thing was beyond me and my plate chest/legs and +7 scimi :|
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Anyone want to compare Dark and Demon's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone want to compare Dark and Demon's?

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:06 pm

Serious i am actually interested to see what game you think is harder since you played Dark Souls first. Many people say Dark Souls was easier, but i think alot of it has to do with everyone already playing and learning the ropes in Demon Souls.

since you learned the ropes and basic game play in Dark Souls, i am interested to see how hard Demon Souls will be for you.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:08 pm

Ill tell you after i do the whole thing cheeky, only in the early stages yet but i am finding it pretty simple so far (only done like 3/4 bosses so far though).

The later game will tell me though, I think that they are pretty similar so far not gonna lie, though on demons things seem to have more health than on Dark..
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:16 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I dont really get the tendency.. TO me I've died on levels and still have pure white, i think the tendency only changes if you are killed by a demon (boss) thats what the game told me at least, then again we know what FROM are like with giving us information silly

The way it actually works is if you die while in human form it affects your tendency. You can die in soul form all you want and it doesn't affect anything. Doesn't have anything to do with bosses killing you. So basically if you want to raise to white tendency you have to kill a boss, which can either be done in soul form or in human form, it doesn't matter, but if you die in human form than your tendency lowers to black. This essentially means you can just play in soul form if you're worried about it. The hang up is in soul form you only get a portion of your health bar, a fact which can be lessened by wearing a specific ring (I can't remember what its called but you get it right in the beginning), however this takes up a precious ring slot, which if you've played dark souls you'd know really is something not to be taken lightly. Soul form versus human form also effects your ability to interact with other players, the same system as in dark souls.

I forgot to add I believe you also are more susceptible to certain kinds of damage, i.e. fire, while in soul form
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Depending on your build the Flamelurker can actually be relatively easy. Like any boss in the souls series you just have to know what you're doing. I don't want to ruin anything for you, if you're anything like me half the fun is figuring these things out. All I'll say is this: enter the fight and keep your distance for a minute while you look around the room. You can use the terrain to your advantage. Nothing scripted, as with bosses like the first demon ruins boss, but if your smart about it you don't have to go toe to toe with him.

And you don't need a magic weapon. It probably wouldn't kill you to have one but I've never done it that way.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:38 pm

aren't the servers pretty barren now a days.. if not i need to play again!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:41 pm

Iv seen plenty of white phantoms running round, but havent used online play a lot (i summoned a guy for about 2 mins to help me clear out one passage) so wouldnt know, also im levelling like a total retard so probably wont see many signs anyways..
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:53 am

i recently picked up demon souls again, and i gotta say its twice as hard as dark souls imo, though dark souls is a more polished game demon souls didn't miss much when it arrived.
    Praise the sun for this franchise!!
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:58 am

and no the servers are not barren i've seen a lot of ghosts running around as well
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 pm

after reading this thread I am game to go get a copy of demon soul also and have a crack at it happy
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:20 am

Demon souls is amazing and well worth a purchase, but keep in mind you'll have to learn a lot of things over. Which is also a great attribute for the game. I love demon souls but i'm also not gonna miss those damn skeletons.

and by that i mean i'm glad from software lots the rights to keep those badguys around lol * )

hit me up on demon souls if ya need help Pargar-theGreat or Tuloom
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:12 am

found a copy at my local games store for $40 .... BARGIN !
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:40 pm

lol nice
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:07 pm

mine was even better than that, £13 from amazon silly

cost less than a T-shirt lol
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:56 pm

i traded mine in for dark souls then got my buddy give me his 2nd copy of demon souls (why he had 2... not sure) and don't care hehe praise the sun!
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:21 am

okay so i have played up to lvl 20 on a noble character thus far and it is a fun game !

I am enjoying it. the trash leading up to the bosses doesnt seem to kill me as much as it does in dark souls. the targeting is not as refined as in dark souls. the bosses still give me a bit of a hiding trying to learn them still which is good however.

I feel as this game is easing me into it more so than dark souls however that coule be due to the fact that I am kinda used to the fighting mechanics etc already ?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:05 am

That is definitely the case.

however what area have you got to? honestly it is pretty easy till a point when actually challenges you a bit. Hate 4-2 just because of the goddam mantarays :x
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:10 pm

lol yea 4. 2 is rough, and those dang skeletons aint fun either lol
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:17 pm

nah skellies are fine, just draw one at a time big grin
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:51 pm

lets just say im glad they lost the rights to those villains lol
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:08 pm

lost the rights?

you mean how from doesnt own demons apparently?..
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:09 am

i havent gotten too far:
    1.2 complete
    1.2 complete
    2.1 complete
    2.2 complete

I have also noticed that there are not many people to summon at all. I put down my sign often and have helped a few people out however they dont last long enough to get to a boss ><

but I am yet to see another persons sign that I can call into my worl to help me with bosses, which is a pain cause I do like company sad
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:08 am

I havent bothered with help because i wanna solo it until the game becomes unbearable silly

But nice, So far iv Done

1-1,1-2,2-1,2-2,3-1,3-2,4-1,4-2,5-1 (Yeah slow progress, not playing it that much lol)

and well the servers are regional.. so you need to have players with you from Australasia, which i dont expect to be many :|
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:57 pm

@ serious much, "From" lost the rights to demon souls they would have gotton sued for useing demon souls characters.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:03 pm

Pargar-theGreat wrote:@ serious much, "From" lost the rights to demon souls they would have gotton sued for useing demon souls characters.

Patches? silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:49 am