Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Ecko
SunlightCrusader
Delvanoc
Kalliros
ZikoLogiKa NL
Al1000
Quarik
Glutebrah
Federally
WorldSlayerPIKA
Dr. Demento
DoughGuy
Fuzzlewhack
User
Nate the Great
Sunbro4evar
ViralEnsign_
WyrmHero
DxV04
23 posters

Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:00 am

I always thought the EoD cursed 3 worlds only. Maybe that's why they didn't saw the BPs.
    Dr. Demento
    Dr. Demento
    Addicted
    Addicted

Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.

Post by Dr. Demento Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 am

I've been trying to gravelord in sens at sl 60 for a while now...i just kinda sit there and nothing really happens..any suggestions on where to go?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:19 am

WyrmHero wrote:I always thought the EoD cursed 3 worlds only. Maybe that's why they didn't saw the BPs.

The EoD does curse only 3 worlds. Remember the gravelord is the sign and not the EoD. The two are not the same thing.

Think of the EoD as a grenade and the gravelord sign as the sound the grenade makes.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:22 am

Dr. Demento wrote:I've been trying to gravelord in sens at sl 60 for a while now...i just kinda sit there and nothing really happens..any suggestions on where to go?

You are in Xbox right? Well, the most telling sign that your EoD will be effective is if you look for RSS and WSS signs on the ground. If you don't see them don't even bother dropping an eye because there is really no one near.

Sen's is a special case. Most people go in alone and only summon at the top.

By the way, if you have not yet, please read the OP of the thread. It will answer many questions that you have.
    Dr. Demento
    Dr. Demento
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dr. Demento Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:24 am

Yup, I've read it..the other day when i went in there was a hole bunch of WSS and GSS on the ground..waited for about 10min and notin happend so i left. Tried again later..same thing happened. THen i went to the top there was a few signs downs..i was only invaded periodicly by Dark Wraiths..
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:31 am

Dr. Demento wrote:Yup, I've read it..the other day when i went in there was a hole bunch of WSS and GSS on the ground..waited for about 10min and notin happend so i left. Tried again later..same thing happened. THen i went to the top there was a few signs downs..i was only invaded periodicly by Dark Wraiths..

If you ever find yourself in that situation you must quit and reload. That has happened to me and it seems that connection issues are to blame. You know how sometimes your browser hangs and nothing happens for a long *** time. This is the same thing.

Sorta like when your bonfire does not light up but no one invades you either for a long time. I don't wait long anymore, it is best to try to find a new lobby. Hope that helps.
    Dr. Demento
    Dr. Demento
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dr. Demento Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:33 am

Ill try that next time I get on. Thanks!
    Fuzzlewhack

Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.  - Page 2 Empty k

Post by Fuzzlewhack Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:26 am

dxv04, you are extremely helpful.

My observation on GL is still sort of the same though--it's really hit or miss. At SL 40 I was being invaded by SOV's left and right in the depths. Eventually i got 3 on 1ed and died....When i saddled back up I noticed however that the amount of invasions just dropped off completely.

This is sort of what led me to agree that killing sov's and getting there eyes spreads the curse futher Well I guess I'll keep on trying until I find a system that works best for me.

vx04, if you have any other tips extra from whats already been on the few topics on this forum, they'd be greatly appreciated I am an avid Gravelorder!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks Fuzzle, I started playing this game and gravelording was what I had the most interest in. I have not even made a Darkmoon yet. I like the mysterious nature of the covenant and how much detail the put into Nito realm.

Well, with regards to your topic. Can you define for me what spreading the curse means to you.

I am curious. 8)
    Fuzzlewhack

Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.  - Page 2 Empty Well

Post by Fuzzlewhack Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:36 pm

I guess what I'm fishing for here is locations to plop down that wonderful, smoky treat that is the Gravelord Invasion Sign. Locations and, their appropriate soul levels. Like I said, my gravelording has been really hit or miss...

Also, do you think that players ignore the sign? I mean, when waiting for SoV's I always see blue phantoms dancing around my screen, sometimes right on top of me but still no invasions. Just makes me wonder...
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Indeed most players ignore the sign. I'm having trouble GLing on Painted World at SL 70. I don't know if it's too high or too low.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Fuzzlewhack wrote:I guess what I'm fishing for here is locations to plop down that wonderful, smoky treat that is the Gravelord Invasion Sign. Locations and, their appropriate soul levels. Like I said, my gravelording has been really hit or miss...

Also, do you think that players ignore the sign? I mean, when waiting for SoV's I always see blue phantoms dancing around my screen, sometimes right on top of me but still no invasions. Just makes me wonder...

Thus the reason why we gravelords should gravelord together in big events to spread misery properly. Of course people ignore the sign. Many out of fear because they don't know what it is. If instead of 3 people getting BPs 10 got them you would definitely see more SoVs but the sign alone is not enough to persuade some. Besides low level burg cursing 120 is where you will get more gravelord action IMO
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WorldSlayerPIKA Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks all for the information!

I regularly got message: "disasters are gone after the defeat of the gravelord". And I did not know where to search the Gravelord sign, since "we" thought it will be well hidden... after reading this, I will make sure to look near Bonfires! You won't get away you Preachers of Death!

Well that would lead to my question, if you folks place the Sign always near Bonfires? I wouldn't search an area for the sign!

And I did encounter only one Black Phantom - BTW why do they have red Aura? :roll: - at Undead Burg in the church at altar, heavy armor while playing with a friend.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:53 pm

WorldSlayerPIKA wrote:Thanks all for the information!

I regularly got message: "disasters are gone after the defeat of the gravelord". And I did not know where to search the Gravelord sign, since "we" thought it will be well hidden... after reading this, I will make sure to look near Bonfires! You won't get away you Preachers of Death!

Well that would lead to my question, if you folks place the Sign always near Bonfires? I wouldn't search an area for the sign!

And I did encounter only one Black Phantom - BTW why do they have red Aura? :roll: - at Undead Burg in the church at altar, heavy armor while playing with a friend.

Remember tho the sign does move with the gravelord so if he is fighting the sing will move around with him. The refresh on it is a few seconds long but if you watch some of Al1000 vids you will see what I mean.

The read aura must be because they essentially are Dark Spirits is my assumption.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 01, 2012 2:33 am

DV are you in for the Gravelord Knights war. We could use more participants.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue May 01, 2012 9:01 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:DV are you in for the Gravelord Knights war. We could use more participants.

I am still away from home but going back today. Is the event for this coming weekend? If so I will surely take part.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 01, 2012 10:28 am

Thank god your coming back, DxV04. You got a lot of pictures to sort out in the Archives Black Phantom Book.

lol
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue May 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Ha! Acidic, I have been thinking about all that material you and whiskey put in the book while traveling. I got one more plane to catch wahhhhhh!! Thank God for 4G speeds
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 09, 2012 4:01 am

Just to add two things to the OP. It states 2 invasion slots are reserved for SoVs and 1 for DWs, this is misleading. You have 3 open invasion slots that can be filled by whoever, yesterday I got a SoV then in the middle of the fight 2 more SoVs invaded and I was promptly surrounded and fighting a 3v1. So that should be reworded I think.

Second the guide to becoming a gravelord you posted is much more work then necessary. You can male an easy naked run from firelink to the coffin without fighting anything and its really easy. Yesterday i made a new character and 15 minutes later I was a level 7 gravelord. Watch the video in this thread, in the first 7 minutes he gets to Nito.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t5235-everything-possible-before-the-gargoyles-playthrough-video
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed May 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Federally wrote:Just to add two things to the OP. It states 2 invasion slots are reserved for SoVs and 1 for DWs, this is misleading. You have 3 open invasion slots that can be filled by whoever, yesterday I got a SoV then in the middle of the fight 2 more SoVs invaded and I was promptly surrounded and fighting a 3v1. So that should be reworded I think.

Hey welcome my fellow gravelord servant! I do appreciate the feedback. I am sure you noticed that this was done by someone other than me. I do not agree 100% with everything and the one you pointed out is one of the few things that I do not agree with. I guess I can edit it and at the same time keep the original text.

I will change that because it is factually incorrect.
    Federally wrote:
    Second the guide to becoming a gravelord you posted is much more work then necessary. You can male an easy naked run from firelink to the coffin without fighting anything and its really easy. Yesterday i made a new character and 15 minutes later I was a level 7 gravelord. Watch the video in this thread, in the first 7 minutes he gets to Nito.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t5235-everything-possible-before-the-gargoyles-playthrough-video

I read your post in Acidic's thread and yes there is a faster way to do and I will post the link you gave on the OP. However, I have attempted doing a run down there and if you are not familar with the area it will be harder than the video makes it seem.

I would also argue that method is really more proper for veterans; however that is not to say that newbs cannot do it.

Lastly, as far as gameplay and exploration Acidic's is more fun. It does turn it into an adventure, a different way to play the game. It does continue to merit it's place on the OP.

Proper Bow Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.  - Page 2 3022602407
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 09, 2012 9:59 pm

I added you by the way. Welcome to the PSN. We will run a tutorial momentarily... Done.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed May 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Acidic, what do you mean you will run a tutorial?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 09, 2012 10:10 pm

The tutorial for PSN. It's done. Quick and Easy.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed May 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Ah sorry, for the dumb questions is this the tutorial for joining the gravelord covenant. If I may suggest since we are on topic, do you think it would be a good idea to condense and re organize the tutorial to join the gravelord?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 09, 2012 10:15 pm

A video would be a good compression of it. Unless you want to write it over again, by all means go ahead and rewrite it. My fingers hurt from keyboard. I'm on the flat and smooth IPod. It's nice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm