Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
dancash1808
swordiris
cloudyeki
Pandamage22
WyrmHero
Serious_Much
AquaZeroX26
Hugodastrevas
Owenuseast
Carphil
DoughGuy
Blade of The Sun
Argetlam350
NoResorb
Sunbro4evar
bloodpixel
WarriorOfSunlight
Wade_Wilson
Rin
ViralEnsign_
Imarreteet23
DxV04
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
nsane32
callipygias
Saturnine Knight
befowler
skarekrow13
Tolvo
lextune
Blackie
36 posters

Sunbros honour down the toilet?

Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Sunbros honour down the toilet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunbros honour down the toilet?

Post by Rin Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:10 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Rin wrote:well again with that may i have a reason for my -rep...???

For pulling an insulting statistic out of your ***, maybe?

Lol yeah comments like that started the great covenant flame wars that were going on when I joined this forum.
    yeh sorry to affend as it is not my foult that the last 100+ gold phantoms that i encountered were helping grifers well grife and making the pvp experience seem more stressing than fun Look Skyward ...i also dident mean to insult any good sunbros like solaris coz well i have a warrior of sunlight toon too that i use in the right way...also if you were to take your time and read my message it did say that the players who use the cov to grife probably use other covs like dw to grife too and by that i ment thers nothing wrong with sunbros its just the stupid aholes using something that should be for good in a bad way :| ... oh n why dident the dude that called all the sunbros n gravelords jerks get hater on as hes comment was insulting Shrug

Last edited by Rin on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Sunbros honour down the toilet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunbros honour down the toilet?

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:12 am

Rin wrote: yeh sorry to affend as it is not my foult that the last 100+ gold phantoms that i encountered were helping grifers well grife and making the pvp experience seem more stressing than fun...i also dident mean to insult any good sunbros like solaris...also if you were to take your time and read my message it did say that the players who use the cov to grife probably use other covs like dw to grife too. oh n why dident the dude that called all the sunbros n gravelords jerks get hater on as hes comment was insulting

"I'm sure that's not how all Gravelords are. Considering my luck, it's totally likely I'm just getting the assholes. But that still doesn't give me much reason to invade anymore if all I'm going to do is get ganked."

His final line stated that he admitted he was being unfair, and that he was probably just unlucky and getting the people out there to ruin the days of others. It's fine to be frustrated with how things are going, but never try to be insulting.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:15 am

Rin wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Rin wrote:well again with that may i have a reason for my -rep...???

For pulling an insulting statistic out of your ***, maybe?

Lol yeah comments like that started the great covenant flame wars that were going on when I joined this forum.
    yeh sorry to affend as it is not my foult that the last 100+ gold phantoms that i encountered were helping grifers well grife and making the pvp experience seem more stressing than fun...i also dident mean to insult any good sunbros like solaris...also if you were to take your time and read my message it did say that the players who use the cov to grife probably use other covs like dw to grife too. oh n why dident the dude that called all the sunbros n gravelords jerks get hater on as hes comment was insulting

He y I've seen a disproportionate amount of griefing Sunbros ( as I have the upmost respect for what they do when they aren't jerks who gank) but I just don't like pointing out the flaws in each covenant. I'm a GL and sympathetic to thier plight (not getting invaded enough) but while I like to fight with honour people tell me other GLs are spawn Firestormers and royal Chain BSers.

Shame that things are that way.

Fight the goof fight all ye Sunbros who haven't sold Solaire down the river.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:20 am

I'm out there now with a bunch of other Sunbros. We're killing kings, we're killing Kellogs, that toilet's backing up....
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:21 am

I think the symbolism is taking an odd turn, but lets back up that toilet more! Someone, keep those Forest Sunbros with the plungers away!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:47 am

Just finished being trolled by two sunbros in the Painted World. They weren't even attempting to go for the boss...
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:31 am

yeh i was fighting a spammer in pw when 2 sunbros gaint+mask both with gs run behind and failed 2 bs then all spammed wog :shock: oh n just so u dont think that they were atempting the boss i invaded 3 times
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:53 am

Just looked through this thread and I'm shocked. How could any of you think that invading the same person over and over and always finding them in the same place with the same phantoms is anything but a Boss run? After you summon the phantoms or Sun Bros you're all forgetting the obligatory luncheon to discuss tactics, goals, how the family is and a review of the minutes from the last luncheon before they start off to the Boss. I say shame on all of you for repeatedly interrupting their completely benign social occasion.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:03 pm

I have met gold phantoms before, but I like to assume they are a minority. After all, how many sunbros are there? I can't make an assumption about people when I only meet a few of them.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Befowler leads the cause of the Righteous Bros. There are dens of vipers that expedite the breeding of dishonor unfortunately.......
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:21 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Just looked through this thread and I'm shocked. How could any of you think that invading the same person over and over and always finding them in the same place with the same phantoms is anything but a Boss run? After you summon the phantoms or Sun Bros you're all forgetting the obligatory luncheon to discuss tactics, goals, how the family is and a review of the minutes from the last luncheon before they start off to the Boss. I say shame on all of you for repeatedly interrupting their completely benign social occasion.
    XD LOL!! i just went 2 the forest to kill siff on my sl 120 and saw bout 10 gold signs i sure they all wanted to discuss strategies... just for fun i summoned 1 of em helef when i headed for siff i summoned another and another and another all of em left or jumped of a cliff...oh jolly old co-op were the hell did u go :|
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Did you call the luncheon to order by banging your Hammer of Vamos +5, three times against a tree? How else are they supposed to know what's going on?
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:04 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Did you call the luncheon to order by banging your Hammer of Vamos +5, three times against a tree? How else are they supposed to know what's going on?
    lol! aha its hammer of vamos i fout you had 2 do da ninja dance while wearing the viking helmet and havels gloves
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:04 pm

I see what happened now......that's actually to conclude the luncheon. That explains everything, it was just a silly misunderstanding. Next time be more careful with protocol and you'll get the assistance you want for sure.
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:51 pm

befowler wrote:

The "sunbros" in the forest are not true sunbros. They have perverted their faith in pursuit of vile farming.

Very saddening to see my fellow sun brotheren stoop so low sad . May Gwyn's first born be with them, so that they can once again be grossly incandescent. Praise the Sun
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Ah the sun. Once I too was fascinated by its radiance. Alas twas not to be....
    NoResorb
    NoResorb

Post by NoResorb Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:18 pm

I love to summon sunbros in the forest when I'm going to kill Sif. If they are here to farm Alvina's followers, I guess it may surprise them. Once, the guy I summoned disconnected when he saw I wanted to fight the boss...

Maybe it was too much, but I once dragged a summon to help me kill moonlight butterfly, or rather watch Beatrice kill it. He seemed surprised at first, but went with it anyway. Jolly cooperation yeah!

My main character is a sunlight warrior, and while I'm okay with pvp and intense duels, when I'm summoned it's too protect my brother/sister and help him/her kill the boss (and survive a possible invasion). I tried putting my sign in the forest a few times, but it was always just waiting for blue phantoms. So I left this place of infinite boredom... Anyway, I don't think this place was intended for us: all we see in the sky is the moon although it's always daytime up above.

The bosses I like to do are Ornstein & Smough and the Four Kings. I sometimes help with Seath, to try and cut its tail.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:58 pm

I usually try to help out with bosses whenever I can, not all that into invading. I mostly though hang around to help with Smough and Ornstien and the Four Kings.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:01 am

Tolvo wrote:Really Sif isn't a boss that requires summons anyway, he's a cool fight but still he's very easy.

I am always horrendously unlucky then. He often 2 or 3 shots me and dodges everything I do. He constantly does a tactic I like to call sweep and leap.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:59 am

Sif is a huge mobility based fight, I tend to get one or two shotted by him when I fight him, but I just roll through and get under his legs. As well blocking some of his attacks is just suicide. That two hit spin, unless you are high end or have a greatshield never block that.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:27 am

I think that Tolvo has the right idea about ignoring certain areas when talking about covenants. And the forest should just generally be ignored unless you're talking about invading it. Anyway all the cool sunbro's join the Noble Knights and help out people taking on the 3 main lords. (See that? I call it sneeakvertising). Also check out this for more info..
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:49 am

Don't do it guys just keep Ganking to your hearts content.

Jokes. That'll earn me some negative rep.

But in this battle for NAtional pride between NZers and Aussies. I'd rather be ganked a thousand times than lose all that which I hold dear to the enemy.

Oh UPADATE!_ I had a helpful sunbro experience and two more honourable ones.

They are out there! Those honest knights in gold.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:41 am

Ganking Viral! Instantly negative repped!

I swear if someone actually reps you down and doesn't admit to it to make me look like a jackass...

So Viral, would you say they are...Noble Knights?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:08 pm

I made a test other day and went to the forest in warrior starting gear +5, while in forest cov, I summoned 1 sunbro and 1 white phantom, then went straight to Sif, when I opened Sif's door, the sunbro did "Shrug" and jumped off the cliff, the white phantom used black crystal. This happened about 4 times. Strange thing, there was only one white sign near Sif's door, unlike other bosses such as OaS, Centipede, Gaping dragon, Nito...
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Yes, as I mentioned on the first page of the thread, these fake sunbros just use the covenant's different summoning signs as a way to indicate they're up for ganking in various PvP hotspots. It's vile. I have several FH characters of my own in order to punish them directly, and encourage others to do the same.

That said, I should also point out that I coop a lot with my sunbro characters, and not only do I try to play honorably, but I also run into many great sunbros out there. The PvP hotspots draw the farmers, and if you are invading there you will see more of them than if you are on the cooping side of the fence. But rest assured that in other areas of the game there are a lot of unsung heroes humbly doing their best to help players new and experienced alike get through a tough and unforgiving game. I wish I could give out sunlight medals of honor for some of the things I've seen them do, like one recently in Anor Londo who, completely outclassed by a professional darkwraith pivot BSer, purposefully hurled himself off one of the buttresses to his death just so the darkwraith's target lock would take him with him and the host could survive. That's dedication my friends.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am