Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Scudman_Slayer
Roaran
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
k0rruptid
aceluby
BLA1NE
Yesuurd
theAnimus
strangejoy
Pharaun
RANT
JY4answer
mpaschke
PPG-3-
Halicarnassis
MinedSafe
Glutebrah
Toastfacekillah
Godless Servant
bending_sinister
SATLOS
ErrJon6661
26 posters

My PvP rant.

Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

My PvP rant.  - Page 3 Empty Re: My PvP rant.

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:09 am

i see everything you stated Errjon on a daily basis and im tired of it

but for me there's the inclusion of katanas added into the mix and spear + greatshield turtles too

Every katana opponent i've faced used a buff on it and 70% of the time it was crystal magic weapon
    it gets repetitive really fast and i use the same strategy with every katana wielder out the, while they're swinging at me i parry and bam 1 hit kill on them

BKga: i got nothing to say,don't think i need to anyway

Heavy armor: also nothing to say

spear + shield: turtles are annoying but are also easy to parry but they just won't lose stamina due to shield's stability making getting close to break their guard a very troublesome tactic
    i lost count on how many times i had to parry or attack from a distance against these guys

Pivot backstabers: nothing other than say that they cannot win a fight fighting normally

Gang bangers: i don't mind i knock everyone down with force miracle and run for it and black crystal out wqhen i get the chance,other than that i try to get them on a very tight area and unleash hell with my claymore ( don't use it because its overrated which it is,i use it because i like the way it looks and i like the moveset)

now im only gonna say this

from what i've seen on lvl 120

i found WAAAAAAYYYYYY more variety on lvl 200-250
    even knowing some toons may be the same thing statwise doesn't mean they'll use the same weapon,same armor,same magic spells,same miracles,etc

its not copy and pasted everyone decides what they want and because they can wield anything they can have fun and have a HUUUGE variety of moves and equipment on pvp

hell i even found a guy with a normal straight sword on lvl 200,he buffed his sword with sunlight blade

when the battle ended i won but barely he was good but me and my greatsword of artorias claimed victory (again i use the sword because i love how it looks and the moveset...and it remind me of the blueblood sword from demon souls sad )

and you know the best part? he was wearing Gold hemmed mixed with elite knight armor,see? its not copy and pasted you 120 obsessed pricks! (don't take it as an insult i don't mean harm to anyone)

i don't get one-shoted or almost one-shoted at this level too even if its lag that makes the spells hit me i can still win

its more fun (at least to me) PVP on this level...too bad a few people never tried getting a character to that lvl...they don't know what they're missing out

so to sum it up

my experience on lvl 120 was ***

my experience on lvl 200-250 was awesome compared to lvl 120

CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:41 am

I agree with it all ErrJon, it has frustrated me quite a bit. I found the higher I made my level the most assholes appeared, so I've kept most of my guys below SL70. But as time goes on and new games come out, and aaaaall the noob/child gamers with no attention span move on to something else... it'll be mostly people like us. I've already noticed a drop in some clones since Skyrim has been out a while.
    Although, after seeing a couple of your posts, I think I'll start raising the levels on a few characters. Thanks guys.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:44 am

you should get a character to lvl 200 see how you like it i personally think its pretty fun pvping at high level

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:14 pm

i ran into a pure turtle in sens yesterday, he two handed havels shield, and wore a sanctus on his back, no attacks from him till i pulled out my bow at point blank range and used poison arrows, then he pulled out a lightning knife, i got some good hit's in, he runs, i spear r2 and impale him.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Wait, you can two hand a shield and have it count as a shield? So do you put it in your right hand?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:26 pm

yes equip in right hant and press triangle or whatever button it is you use to two hand, and most shields actually have bash or charge attacks when wielded in your primary hand. when twohanding a shield your regular guard button still makes you block:)

i think two handing and blocking also provides a stability bonus, not sure though, no plunge attack,bs,or parry's though

Last edited by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added input)
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:29 pm

I usually keep iron flesh on me for those kiln repeat invasion 3v1 moments. The second time I pop into the world, I cast iron flesh knowing TWoP is coming, then while they are swinging the BKGA, I spam target shield parry for an almost guaranteed riposte, but if I don't parry, I don't end up taking a lot of damage because of the iron flesh. That tactic upsets a lot of people, but then again, you were the ones doing the 3v1.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Iron Flesh makes you a prime target for backstabs though, and you're vulnerable to lightning. If anyone backstabs you with a lightning weapon, you're toast! But it just goes to show how noobs those farmers are that they can't even figure that out.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:17 am

Well, if what Scudman says is true my worries should be over pretty soon. I'm finally committing to my artorias build so I'll have a character at sl 250 pretty soon here.
    kakuren11

My PvP rant.  - Page 3 Empty You Said It Bro!

Post by kakuren11 Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:45 am

You just put my feelings about pvp into words 100%. First off I never sign up for forums to leave comments. But after reading what was posted I couldn't resist. Yes, I realize someone will probably diss what I have to say, but dont bother. I will probably never read this forum again.

Your comment about armor:
    Hell yes! Playing a good game is about variety, being able to customize your character and create a unique role to play. Especially in a game like this where 90% of success is skill (unlike most MMOs). Balance what looks cool with the stats you want. That heavy chest peice does not make as big of a difference as you think it does. If you die in two hits, it doesnt really matter if the first hit took 90% of your health or 50% now does it?

BKGA:
    Samething goes. Though my personal dislike is the claymore (seen more of that than the BKGA)

Back Stabs, WoG, and Combustion:
    That Sh*^&t is just like being a bunny hopper/Dolphin Diver from a FPS. Jumping once of twice, the occasionally dive is generally ok. But don't be a dick about it and abuse the system.Some of you posted comments on anit-measurements for this crap. It;s good to have them, but there shouldn't be a need in the first place. Also this was a rant, he wasnt asking for your "advice."

General Comments:
    Someone mentioned PvP gear vs PvE gear. Really? You have seperate gear for PvP and PvE? I can see maybe a ring change, or say a lightning wep to a chaos wep, but a different gear set? That screams noob/dick to me. For example, having heavy gear and a zweihander then switching out to a light enough load to be a flipper who spams WoG for PvP (Bassically because that tactic will not work for a pve situation). Pick a build that can do both well with minute changes.

Hate Mssgs:
    Dont send me hate mssgs over PsN. I dont want to hear you ***** about what you thought was unfair. If you dont want someone to invade you, dont farm while in human form. (someone ***** when i killed them TWICE when they were farming humanity). Don't send me a hate mssg when you are killed for being AFK. I'm in the forest zone for PvP. If you AFK you are taking up a slot for someone who isn't. Quit game b4 you go to the RR or get food (takes like 5 sec.) Don't hate mssg period. Kids play this game and some of them are actually good ones. DO mssg me when you think there was a good fight, or if you are curious about my stats/build. DO mssg me if you want a 1v1 or rematch.

Bottom Line:
    Be polite/respectful and you get respect/kindness. Be a dick/a-hole you get treated like one.

This concludes my rant.
    Felt Good. =D
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cloudrunner Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:34 pm

There's no reason to have a PVP and a PVE set when you can equip giants armor, havels shield, havels ring, and DWGR and flip around like a *** ninja with near max defense. The reason why SL 200 pvp tends to have so much variety is because at that level people have so much stats they don't feel the need to min/max their builds like the 120s. As a dark moon, nearly every person I invade with the blue eye orb has that armor combination above, with either child or mothers mask, wielding a BKGA and Havel's, casting crystal spells at most certainly 50 int. Something seems terribly wrong when what I would consider a pure caster build can wear what one would expect a full str build to be wearing.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:57 pm

There's no way they're SL120 if they're casting a spell that requires 44 Int min, wielding a shield that requires 50 Str, and doing ninjg flips in all that equipment that requires at least 60 End. Sound like the people you're complaining about are SL200+, not 120.

Edit: actually, I calculated precisely, and with the exact equipment you mentioned it would take 73 End to be able to do flips with Havel's Ring on. That would bring the minimum level of the build you referred to at SL144, with base vitality (highly unlikely) and only 2 attunment slots.

http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=UHlyb21hbmNlciwxNDQsMTAsMTIsNzMsNTAsMTgsMTIsNDQsOA==
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Hey may have been exaggerating but it still has some truth to it. While they may not be using the exact same gear he specified, I've run into "int" builds wielding the moonlight greatsword and a greatshield, full giants armor, mask of **** and casting soul spears doing ninja flips. Granted I am in the sl 140 range with my current character so there is a bit more room for some extra stats.

And I forgot to mention this before, but someone added katana's to the list. I couldn't be caught in the middle any more than I am now. I love the katana's in the game. They are for all intents and purposes the BKGA of dex builds. The problem is there aren't really any other dex weapons that even come close to matching their versatility and usefulness.

And as far as pvp/pve equip loads work, its really common to have two different load outs. For example with one of my builds I had three weapons, lightning uchi, occult iato and chaos darksword. Depending on what area I was in I would use one of those for pve. When it came time to pvp I would almost always switch to my lightning uchi because it is the most effective on players. I would typically change to armor with high lightning resistance to counter that most people use lightning weapons. Lastly I would usually change my usable items. I always have moss, dung pies and lloyds talismans for pvp as opposed to having just the estus. Honestly however, I don't have a set "load out" I usually just wear what I think looks cool while paying a bit of attention to the stats. I do however keep my poise in PvP above 50, usually around 60. But that is to give me a chance in PvP seeing as most people use large weapons.
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cloudrunner Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Sorry, I guess I should clarify. Most are only using the giants chest, not the full armor. It's difficult to recognize individual gloves and legs, so I can't really say what they were using in those slots. But my statement still stands. High int builds really have no business wearing the super high defense/poise armors and still flip around. DWGR really is the worst addition to this game.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:02 pm

The dwg ring is great for light builds, however people who max their stats use it to be fast and wear heavy armor. Its abused and could use some tweaking but its not completely bad.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:44 pm

And my point still stands that those people you're talking about are not SL120. Unless they have base vitality and attunment, that is...
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:51 pm

http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=V2FycmlvciwxMjAsNDAsMjMsNDAsMTYsMTMsMTEsNTAsOQ==

That right there is enough to wield what I just said. You may have to sacrifice the greatshield for a balder shield, or the giants gauntlets for elite knight but there is a sl 120 build, wearing heavy armor, havels ring and dwg ring, moonlight gs and any spell they please.

My character with 40 end w/o the Ring of FaP can wear full smough's armor with havels and the dwg ring and have the flipping animation.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:56 pm

at a mere 12 endurance, with havels ring and flip ring, i can equip 3/4 giants +5 and chest of thorns (or any similar weight chest piece, i think with thorns its exactly half with the wep i use).

now thats stupid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am