Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
PlasticandRage
Yukon
FruitPunchNinja
johnnyjwa
Hylian
BartholomewWenceslas
Saturnine Knight
Emergence
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
Reaperfan
berkut
TheNudgeMan
ChizFreak
Rin
Artorias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
marth
callipygias
dirkdeadeye
RANT
bloodpixel
CrackSouls
DxV04
Wade_Wilson
Sunbro4evar
30 posters

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... - Page 3 Empty Re: Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Post by berkut Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:23 am

Saturnine Knight wrote:So does anybody else see that "available on PC only" writing up there at the top?

I hope that's just an error.

That didn't put a warm and fuzzy feeling in me :|
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... - Page 3 Empty Re: Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:30 am

so i guess we actually do have to petition :x
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Well that put a hole in my heart. And I'm going to put a hole in theirs if they don't put it on consoles.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:41 pm

This better not be a bucking PC exclusive. I will not buy another souls game again, and neither will any other rational, intelligent fan.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Fromsoft better not *** **** on our faces then kick us in the dirt with our guts hanging out so that a bear can come over and eat us live.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Why wouldn't you buy another Souls game? Why punish From, the developer, if Namco, the publisher is the one shorting you out of the content?

As I said before, be very careful who it is you are pitchforking against.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Alright Namco better not **** on our faces and kick us in the dirt. I will never buy one of their games again if that happens.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:13 pm

I can see that this will be a hot button point of fury for most people here on the wiki (myself included), but it is important to remember that there is still lots of time for things to change, for all we know they will release a pc exclusive and then months down the road release it for consoles, too early in the game to tell. I was thinking of inquiring as to the reasons to From/Namco, but based on their guidelines, I'm not sure I would get a response :S, suggestions?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Emergence wrote:Why wouldn't you buy another Souls game? Why punish From, the developer, if Namco, the publisher is the one shorting you out of the content?

Namco Bandai make the most money out of it, do they not? Anyway, From Software, being such a community oriented developer, should be able to stand up for the community, and if they can't do that they I can't justify giving them more money.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:31 pm

I agree with wade here, when sony didn't suit their tastes From up and left and made dark souls, So there is no reason they just sit back and watch this. I am inclined to believe they would not do this as they would bastardize their entire series in japan where there will be maybe 1/16th of the dks community on a PC.

If they can't stand up to the plate here and deliver to their fans, who's devotion has gotten them this far, then they have lost me. If Namdai is really behind this then I hope From drops and just starts work on an entirely new title under a more deserving publisher, rather than leaning back and watching what happens here.

It really is too early to tell, but I don't understand what marketing things like Artorias as a boss and Hawkeye as an NPC will do for PC gamers who don't even know who the *** those people are. I just cannot see them making this exclusive, it will be a kick in the pants to them if they decide to and they would not only lose fans, but money and respect.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Just because they're labeling the "Prepare to Die Edition" PC only, doesn't mean the content itself will be exclusive. It seems to me that it's saying right on the site that console users will be able to upgrade for free. I can't imagine that From would allow console users to get shafted here. Their fans are die hard and they know we are. These are also the same people that meekly apologized to us for bugs during the first weeks after release. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

In fact directly below where it says "(Available on PC only)" it says: "Available for download only." I'm not worried at all.
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:18 pm

The only thing that worries me is that on console, DLC has to be planned and coded into the software on disc before release. I am a game developer and the ability to add DLC is something that MUST be setup before hand. Programmers have to create code that allows you to add content to the game.

This scares me because of the old statement that "no DLC was planned, Dark Souls would be a stand alone product". This indicates they did not even plan for it, so adding DLC could be technically impossible if they did not set the game up to be able to accept new content.

It feels like for consoles this could be released as a special edition later. The question is will it be released after PC to get those PC sales first, and a bigger question could we even use our old saves on the new edition?

God, I hope From's programmers at least entertained the idea of DLC before release because if that code is not on the original release it won't be possible.

Edited: To clarify patches from DLC (new content). These are different things in terms of technically what can be added to a game..

Last edited by Kerberos-013 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:32 pm

This has whipped up more hyperbole than the Mass Effect 3 ending but not as much as the fact that the PC version is being released on GfWL. (And no, I haven't played Mass Effect). I seriously wonder about where the world is going when people get so steamed up about a video game and when quite a lot of the human population on this planet don't know where their next meal is coming from and have no access to clean water, let alone electricity. Food for thought, if you'll excuse the pun.

Last edited by SlakeMoth on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed word)
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:44 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:This has whipped up more hyperbole than the Mass Effect 3 ending but not as much as the fact that the PC version is being released on GfWL. (And no, I haven't played Mass Effect). I seriously wonder about where the world is going when people get so steamed up about a video game and when quite a lot of the human population on this planet don't know where their next meal is coming from and have no access to clean water, let alone electricity. Food for thought, if you'll excuse the pun.
    You could use that argument for everything. Why did you only give me 5 beans for lunch? Hey, there are people out there who would kill to have that food! Be grateful! Mom, I broke my arm. Shut up! There are people who lose their heads. Just be grateful. Hey, this guy is paralyzed. Who cares? At least he's got food and water. He should be happy he has that! I know those are extreme examples, but we've all been angry about something trivial before.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Interesting post SlakeMoth, I know I spend a lot of time getting depressed thinking about the inevitable destruction of our society and all the issues of the world happy. However, I usually choose not to bring them up in forums such as these. They are really sensitive and subjective topics that, while important, are also extremely likely to open up a flood gate of strongly opinionated posts. Therefore, I think that those topics usually don't work in locations such as internet forums, though I will admit I am itching to try one out in the off topic section big grin (this is where a moderator should shut me down before I do such a stupid thing methinks :| )
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:29 pm

to the people saying they will be pissed if the dlc is not free.......really? :|
    i will gladly support from and pay for a whole new version of the game
    if they overhauled game mechanics and had all that extra content.for just
    add on dlc i think 15-20 is fair and if its a whole new version i will pay 60
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:32 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:to the people saying they will be pissed if the dlc is not free.......really? :|
    i will gladly support from and pay for a whole new version of the game
    if they overhauled game mechanics and had all that extra content.for just
    add on dlc i think 15-20 is fair and if its a whole new version i will pay 60
    I'd rather want it to be 10-15, but that's just me.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Yeah I wouldn't have any qualms with paying for it either. It's essentially just continuing to financially support From, which is fine by me.
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:12 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Just because they're labeling the "Prepare to Die Edition" PC only, doesn't mean the content itself will be exclusive. It seems to me that it's saying right on the site that console users will be able to upgrade for free. I can't imagine that From would allow console users to get shafted here. Their fans are die hard and they know we are. These are also the same people that meekly apologized to us for bugs during the first weeks after release. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

In fact directly below where it says "(Available on PC only)" it says: "Available for download only." I'm not worried at all.

This. Roughly 1,000 times, THIS. Seriously, people, stop overreacting to NONEXISTENT information; this isn't even rational overreaction, this is creating paranoid theories from an absence of information, which is crazy.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Doesn't download mean that you can directly download the game on your PC?
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Off topic: Welcome to the forums ak1287 big grin
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:49 pm

berkut wrote:Off topic: Welcome to the forums ak1287 big grin
    Thanks big grin . I lurk here quite a bit, but I decided to make a profile in light of the good news (DkS on PC!)
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Emergence wrote:Why wouldn't you buy another Souls game? Why punish From, the developer, if Namco, the publisher is the one shorting you out of the content?

Namco Bandai make the most money out of it, do they not? Anyway, From Software, being such a community oriented developer, should be able to stand up for the community, and if they can't do that they I can't justify giving them more money.

The point I am trying to make is that it is quite possible From did NOT create this new content, and was instead created by an inhouse Namco Team. As such, From has no control over this content, yet they stand to take the PR fall if it does not go over well.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:33 pm

yea it was created by a namco production team sad
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Artorias wrote:yea it was created by a namco production team sad

how do you know? proof please.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm