Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WyrmHero
PlasticandRage
6 posters

I finally got Gravelording to work!!

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I finally got Gravelording to work!! Empty I finally got Gravelording to work!!

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:04 pm

After 6 complete play throughs, over 500 hours total, I just
    successfully cursed a couple of people in blight town. I was waiting at
    the end of the long wobbly bridge and I started seeing white phantoms
    coming across the bridge towards me. A minute later I got 10,000ish
    souls and an angry PSN message. So fulfilling. I started getting invaded
    by blue phantoms soon after. Wracked up 4 eyes of death in a pretty
    short span. I have to say now that I've seen it working properly it's
    probably my favorite covenant.

On a side note I've been using the Barbed Straight Sword with this build. I'm really liking it so far. Absolutely brutal in pvp. It's quick enough that the bleed damage flows pretty freely.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

I finally got Gravelording to work!! Empty Re: I finally got Gravelording to work!!

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:14 pm

Congratulations, fellow Gravelord. Don't forget to infect the Painted World in your free time. Prostration
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

I finally got Gravelording to work!! Empty Re: I finally got Gravelording to work!!

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:30 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:After 6 complete play throughs, over 500 hours total, I just

On a side note I've been using the Barbed Straight Sword with this build. I'm really liking it so far. Absolutely brutal in pvp. It's quick enough that the bleed damage flows pretty freely.

Isn't it great tp see your covenant Items quadruple?

Have we got you yet?

Join the Gravesworn.... oh gosh did that slip out?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 pm

I've actually been trying to curse people for a relatively long time. I sat next to a bonfire in the Demon Ruins with a curse active all day one day. Like I sat at my computer and played another game and just left DkS on and listened for the invasion sound. Nothing ever happened. If not for the fact that I'm creating this build specifically to be a dragon I would probably stick with it.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Me and Whiskey have a great time cursing and invading each other as spirits of vengeance. We have explored the world seeing all kinds of wonders. black Phantom Capras, Crystal Golems, Butchers... all forms of fun and strife. Better to Gravelord with a friend than alone.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Me and Whiskey have a great time cursing and invading each other as spirits of vengeance. We have explored the world seeing all kinds of wonders. black Phantom Capras, Crystal Golems, Butchers... all forms of fun and strife. Better to Gravelord with a friend than alone.

The same can be said about a lot of things.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:57 pm

True, true... so what does that say for a Gravelord like yourself? Get a friend and try it out. It will be less of a waste of time waiting and waiting for possibly another to invade you as a spirit of vengeance. Plus, you might be able to see your friends world being infected, or have them infect you at times as well. Think about it, it might be of better experimentation and change the experience of gameplay into something more...
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:00 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:True, true... so what does that say for a Gravelord like yourself? Get a friend and try it out. It will be less of a waste of time waiting and waiting for possibly another to invade you as a spirit of vengeance. Plus, you might be able to see your friends world being infected, or have them infect you at times as well. Think about it, it might be of better experimentation and change the experience of gameplay into something more...

Wheres the challenge in fighting an ally. You know their style and favourite moves by the end of it. I like the chest pounding oh god whats he going to throw at me next experience.

Diff strokes though.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:04 am

I mean let them infect your world, for a better PvE experience. Gravelords are not necessary the better covenant in terms of PvP, as how the gravelord works is against them. The gravelord must not kill the boss, and must be human. The infectee can both be hollow and already killed the boss, thus being able to possibly warp or not even interact with areas. I am sure some might interact with the gravelords, but in many cases people might leave them so that they can have a different experience, enjoying the PvE experience of being infected more so than the PvP experience against a Gravelord. Plus, in many cases the gravelord is screwed over by a Darkwraith when trying to infect for PvP, as the Darkwraith has a better angle of hunting down players. The only reason an infectee might invade, is to get another eye, or to end the phantom menace.

But that is just my take. I do gravelord for PvP, but I find just not wasting an eye at all and just using dried finger leaves the player with a lesser loss.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:11 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:I mean let them infect your world, for a better PvE experience. Gravelords are not necessary the better covenant in terms of PvP, as how the gravelord works is against them. The gravelord must not kill the boss, and must be human. The infectee can both be hollow and already killed the boss, thus being able to possibly warp or not even interact with areas. I am sure some might interact with the gravelords, but in many cases people might leave them so that they can have a different experience, enjoying the PvE experience of being infected more so than the PvP experience against a Gravelord. Plus, in many cases the gravelord is screwed over by a Darkwraith when trying to infect for PvP, as the Darkwraith has a better angle of hunting down players. The only reason an infectee might invade, is to get another eye, or to end the phantom menace.

But that is just my take. I do gravelord for PvP, but I find just not wasting an eye at all and just using dried finger leaves the player with a lesser loss.

True if you just want PvP then GLing is not for you. But if you like mass invasions then its a lovely mechanism
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:12 am

true. The problem is, is that many do not like trying to invade all at once, and instead the return is constant invaders... red invaders. Not blue. Very few people have such luck of constant spirits of vengeance.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:15 am

Lucky me then.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:16 am

Lucky you.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:28 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Acidic_Cook wrote:True, true... so what does that say for a Gravelord like yourself? Get a friend and try it out. It will be less of a waste of time waiting and waiting for possibly another to invade you as a spirit of vengeance. Plus, you might be able to see your friends world being infected, or have them infect you at times as well. Think about it, it might be of better experimentation and change the experience of gameplay into something more...

Wheres the challenge in fighting an ally. You know their style and favourite moves by the end of it. I like the chest pounding oh god whats he going to throw at me next experience.

Diff strokes though.

Also, instead of fighting each other, you can play hide-and-seek. (But if you wanted to kill me, it is pretty easy to do.)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:30 am

heh, that is true. I did dragon roar at you a couple of times when fighting rats and slimes. did not really help you at all, as you staggered a couples of times.

As well, I am sure you could of just speared me as usual against others, if not use your balder sword. Just like I see you do against black phantoms.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:10 am

PlasticandRage wrote:After 6 complete play throughs, over 500 hours total, I just

What was your soul level ? There must be some mean BPs generated for players to go somewhat out of their way to invade you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 pm