Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
BishopHavel
Onion Knight
ViralEnsign_
Dubscythe
xomgitsjasonx
RANT
Spurgun
Whknight
Jovias-86
JohnnyHarpoon
FruitPunchNinja
FlamingHarlekin
NoResorb
FexDS
Rynoa
User
TheMiracle
Tolvo
RaSoul
DoughGuy
WarriorOfSunlight
Sulfur
Artorias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Serious_Much
Griever
Wounding_Peregrine
Carphil
sunbro
Yukon
WyrmHero
35 posters

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers)

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Empty More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers)

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:18 pm

I don't know if this is in preparetodie.com , but here are some screenshots I've found on gameinformer.com . I think that's the bow from Hawkeye Gough, along with a fully detailed Artorias armor!!!!!

SPOILER--------------------------------------------------------------

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Areaim15

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Areaim16

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Artori11

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Artori12

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Enemy010

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Frpg_110

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Frpg_111

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Frpg_112

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Frpg_113

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Gough010

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Gough012

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Ps3_fr10

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/dark_souls/b/pc/archive/2012/04/17/new-dark-souls-pc-screenshots.aspx

Last edited by WyrmHero on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Empty Re: More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers)

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:22 pm

OMIGAWSH, a new bow!

And it looks like we are going to have some pretty sick new battling arenas, to go along with that matchmaking they are putting in the PC version.
    I am probably the only one who thinks this, and it's probably gonna get me flak, but artorias' armour is so misleading to me. I was expecting this dude with heavy armour to weild that shield and sword. But artoria's looks more like a ninja that a greatsword swordsman. If that is infact him, which I believe it is.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Empty Re: More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers)

Post by sunbro Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:24 pm

absolutely stunning just look at the big bas @ss in the forrest :face:
    I think when the DLC hits the consoles everybody is running aroud in Artorias gear
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Yeah his armor looks like some medium armor (like Ornstein's). Maybe his wolf ring help him with the poise. I love the armor btw.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:21 pm

If you pay attention, looks like darkwraith armor, and fit in the lore
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm

I know it fits the lore more closely but I always kind of thought of artorias as being the heavy hitter in the 4. Gough shouldnt have heavy armour he is a archer, Ciaran is an assassin, so she should have the lightest armour of the 4, orn had medium armour, so I really wanted to get a heavy set from them.

The armour, though cool, just doen't jive with the whole Great sheild/sword combo. Just my personal opinion though. It just feels like the only knight who could have given us a nice heavy set was Artorias, and he looks like a straight sword user.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:38 pm

But he did used Heavy armor! it just have been modified. And in my opinion, black knight, darkwraith, solaire, all should be considered heavy armors, Havels, Giants and Smoughs, like descriptions says, its supossed to be very dificult to a human to wear it.
    Wounding_Peregrine

Post by Wounding_Peregrine Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Hello everybody, first post. Anyway, on to the topic at hand, I think the image of the stocky knight wearing the semi-sleeveless armour is probably Gough as his aesthetic matches the bow. But that isn't a revelation... but is he blind? There's mud all in the slits of his helmet/visor. Just food for thought.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:48 pm

First, welcome to the forums man! big grin

It makes a bit of sense that Gough may be blind, as an great archer that trust in his senses and skills to shoot and defeat his enemies. More theories to come
    Wounding_Peregrine

Post by Wounding_Peregrine Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Thank you... I've relentlessly lurked the forums for a long time now... Largely interested in the lore. Have I read anywhere that Pharis outmatched Gough or is that a figment of my imagination?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:01 pm

By heavy armour, I was thinking more like Tarkus. We have a lot of sets that are over the top like havels and smoughs, but not many sets that are really knighty. I was just expecting artorias to be in something more like tarkus, a medium, but heavy looking set.

The black bow of pharis says that pharis was on par with Gough even though he was human happy welcome to the fourms.
    Wounding_Peregrine

Post by Wounding_Peregrine Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Again, thank you... Pretty tenuous link at best it appears then. And yes, there is definitely a gap in the armoury for a heavy plated set. One can always hope winking
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Sorry for being slightly off topic but where is Gough referenced throughout the game?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:59 pm

You mean which items, griever?

He is mentioned in the bow of pharis's hat, and in the hawk ring, behind the giant blacksmith in anor londo and the dragonslayer bow. But not much is given, other than he is not human, he is one of gwyns 4 knights and he controlled a troup of dragon slaying bow's men, whose arrows could easily rip through human flesh

Last edited by Yukon on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Yeah I meant which items, ah right cool I will have to check them items next time I'm on. I'm sure I've read most of the item descriptions but can't say I have come across Gough before.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:03 pm

I was expecting heavy armor as well, maybe his armor is very heavy/high defense but not bulky???? :S
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Yukon wrote:OMIGAWSH, a new bow!

They are putting in Hawkeye gough? silly

also the link isnt working... :|
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:21 pm

one of the pics shows a knight/player in the dark root basin touching a black aura... if i recognize the spot right thats behind the hydra possibly the waterfall or back where you find dusks armor... maybe thers no announcement of dlc cause its already there? MUST VISIT AREA WITH PENDANT!
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Serious_Much wrote:

Heres the stuff I was talking about serious...

Interesting, these two images are named GOUGH.JPG if you open them in their own page.

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Gough011More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Gough010
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:37 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:one of the pics shows a knight/player in the dark root basin touching a black aura... if i recognize the spot right thats behind the hydra possibly the waterfall or back where you find dusks armor... maybe thers no announcement of dlc cause its already there? MUST VISIT AREA WITH PENDANT!

LOL!!!!! Also the link isn't working right now, but I suppose they are working on it. I'll edit if anything changes.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Yukon wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

Heres the stuff I was talking about serious...

Interesting, these two images are named GOUGH.JPG if you open them in their own page.

More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Gough011More screenshots of the PC edition (Spoilers) Gough010

your pictures are a fail on my end lol silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:24 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I was expecting heavy armor as well, maybe his armor is very heavy/high defense but not bulky???? :S

I predict Med armour (heavy end of scale, perhaps between med and heavy classes) with above average magic defense, kinda like magic version of Ornsteins lightning resist med armour

also looking at the pictures, Im glad there's his shield in there, and the stone golem's axe looks really cool, the guy who i presume to be hawkeye is kinda lame and fat in my opinion though...
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Serious do you mean they didn't work or you didn't like them? Because I used that image hosting thing on the site.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:28 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/apr/17/dark-souls-pc-dlc-news
    There might not be DLC, WTH FROM the newcomers get a new storyline and arena
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:30 pm

I really want to explore that castle...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 am