Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Overlooked Fixes

Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Overlooked Fixes Empty Overlooked Fixes

Post by Blade of The Sun Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:48 pm

There are a few major fixes that FROM and bandai have addressed for the patched up version of Dark Souls. What are some things that you would like to see changed.

1. Modify the GLGS to do fire damage with a unique move set in Gwyn's Style. i.e really fast slashing attacks with a leap animation or sword impaling animation.

R2= Stabs foe with a combustion of fire and throws the target. (is blockable, but at the cost of stamina. This move causes major durability and stamina loss)

Forward R2= Leap into the air doing a horizontal wide arcing swing. (would have to dive backwards to avoid)

2. The armor set, if it's a light variant, shouldn't weigh as much as it does. If not, give it medium armor defenses.

3. Rework backstabs please??
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Overlooked Fixes Empty Re: Overlooked Fixes

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:42 pm

This would be an odd moveset for a player weapon to have. The current moveset may not be the exact same as Gwyn's, but one that was would not fit pvp. I think it is fine as it currently is, although it should have fire damage.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:13 am

a different r2 special would be appreciated... maybe the r2 or 2 hand r2 will buff the sword with fire and increase attack speed but do nothing else and cost durability.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:14 am

I would have to respectfully disagree with you lizard. I doubt anyone would consider that worth it. Maybe if you made it buffable?

I can't see any harm to impaling someone for durability loss and stamina penalty though. Especially if it is blockable.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 pm

I misread the impale attack as one you do with your hand. It would be cool if the sword did it, but my problem with it then would be that no other weapon has an attack that throws the enemy. Really the best you can get at throwing the enemy is with force, and even that isn't very extreme.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:I misread the impale attack as one you do with your hand. It would be cool if the sword did it, but my problem with it then would be that no other weapon has an attack that throws the enemy. Really the best you can get at throwing the enemy is with force, and even that isn't very extreme.

i believe in DmS theere was a sword you would occasionally see in PvP that threw your opponent. It has been done before, but the down side to the entire animation is that its only aesthetically interesting. When I say throw I mean sling off the sword.

Example:

O1 and O2 stand for the test dummies in this scenario.

O1 Charges O2 and O2 has the GLGS. O2 stabs/impales O1 lifts into the air vertically and then slings the sword down so that O1 lands right at O2's feet. If O1 has a shield it would block the animation and cause half the amount of both O1 and O2's stamina to deplete.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:25 pm

The fire damage I would love to see, but all else sounds a bit too OP. Already the weapon is incredibly dangerous in the right hands, and the R2 is hilarious for Catching BS fishers.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Tolvo wrote:The fire damage I would love to see, but all else sounds a bit too OP. Already the weapon is incredibly dangerous in the right hands, and the R2 is hilarious for Catching BS fishers.

Since the amount of damage these unique movesets aren't being discussed I can only assume you are speaking of the actual animations. I think more accurately the moves would fit.

When I talk about the leaping animation I talk about the same strength and jump height/distance, but instead of a vertical swing, make it horizontal. When I talk about the impale animation I mean the stab looks like any other Greatsword stab, but he follows through with a fire combustion animation. So the only thing that has changed is the animation aside from the sword being given fire damage(not additional damage because its an impale).

The Impale= standard R2 damage.
    Leap= Same thing as a jump attack.

I think it could be balanced by stamina/durability drain, but maybe I'm just lobbying too hard.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Is there invincibility frames while grappling, and how far away is the enemy knocked from the attack?

As well, how easy is this leap attack to dodge? I'm fine with an arcing jump swing, a few greatswords already have this as well as other weapons. But if this is a huge leap forwards hitting everything in its way and it is hard to dodge, that's another story. Also, jump attacks can't be parry/riposted, meaning this attack should only be dodge or blocked.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:20 pm

The leap attack is the same leap attack a Greatsword has, only it's horizontal instead of Vertical.

The Impale has invincibility frames just to ensure there wouldn't be people being glitch stabbed. The frames would start on impale impact and end when after the impale you sling the foe to your feet. The distance in which you throw the person isn't even a foot from you. so if you are on an edge your likely to get thrown off, but being nearby you won't.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Err its a bit op, but i guess the grab could be a parry when you have the hornets ring.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Having a stand alone sort of front back stab just sounds like it would disrupt the flow of the game. I'm not saying it is OP, simply the fact that no other weapon has a power attack that makes your character impermable would make this feel completely out of place in combat, and I would expect to see it become an attack that we see people fishing for just as much as backstabs.

Further, would simply blocking with two hands on a katana negate it?
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:53 pm

NO i mean you parry them, instead of doing the stab you do the impale :roll:
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:01 pm

I agree with buggy that having a animation would make it quite strange in pvp, but only if the animation was a parry. You should be able to identify the parry/riiposte animation pretty easily and adding an exclusive animation like that kind of ruins it. Although there are 1 or 2 weapons that have unique R2's already in DkS and like i said previously the impale idea was in dms.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Now, what if instead of the R2 it was just the riposte animation right there, that impale attack? You lift them overhead, little mini explosion, then drop them at your feet. It would do the same damage as the riposte normal, but get the look you are wanting with a grab attack.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:18 pm

That would be a cool riposte. Of if you impaled, aimed them at the ground, then blasted them into the ground.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Yeah, I think that would be a bit more reasonable of a change.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am