Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Wade_Wilson
Forum Pirate
Carphil
Yukon
PlasticandRage
Shakie666
Serious_Much
Spurgun
FexDS
Blade of The Sun
14 posters

Weapon's you wish were carried over from DmS to DkS

Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Weapon's you wish were carried over from DmS to DkS Empty Weapon's you wish were carried over from DmS to DkS

Post by Blade of The Sun Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:09 am

What weapons/armor/magics do you wish would have transferred over?

1.DBS
    2.Hand of God
    3.Glass Sword
    4.Executioner's Axe
    5.BBS
    6.Bramd
    7.Garl Vinland's set
    8. Death Cloud

I miss this game and the chills it gave me when I used to play it.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Weapon's you wish were carried over from DmS to DkS Empty Re: Weapon's you wish were carried over from DmS to DkS

Post by FexDS Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:18 am

Meat Cleaver <3
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Weapon's you wish were carried over from DmS to DkS Empty Re: Weapon's you wish were carried over from DmS to DkS

Post by Spurgun Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:53 am

FexDS wrote:Meat Cleaver <3

this. and the large sword of moonlight + blind
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:50 am

Definitely phosphorescent pole. We need a pole weapons class really badly sad

also, swords that go through shields like Blind were a great idea I think too.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:06 am

Serious_Much wrote:Definitely phosphorescent pole. We need a pole weapons class really badly sad

To be honest, i don't think swords than go through shields would be a good idea. It would just encourage even more people to be DWGR flipping tanks in pvp, as opposed to turtles (which are easy enough to kill as it is).

Maybe the blueblood sword, but instead make it scale with resistance instead of luck (for obvious reasons). They should also bring back blessed weapons and other items that regenerate health fast enough to be even the slightest bit of use (ie better than sanctus). Finally, these aren't weapons, but they should bring back the extra upgrade types (quality, crushing etc, but without all using different types of upgrade stone) and the old MP system, which would make magic actually worth using out of boss battles.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:26 am

Shakie666 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Definitely phosphorescent pole. We need a pole weapons class really badly sad

To be honest, i don't think swords than go through shields would be a good idea. It would just encourage even more people to be DWGR flipping tanks in pvp, as opposed to turtles (which are easy enough to kill as it is).

Maybe the blueblood sword, but instead make it scale with resistance instead of luck (for obvious reasons). They should also bring back blessed weapons and other items that regenerate health fast enough to be even the slightest bit of use (ie better than sanctus). Finally, these aren't weapons, but they should bring back the extra upgrade types (quality, crushing etc, but without all using different types of upgrade stone) and the old MP system, which would make magic actually worth using out of boss battles.

since very few people use shields in PvP, I wouldn't use it as a PvP weapon anyway (and most flip rather than block anyway) so would be irrelevant if it went through shields or not, there are far better weapons than that, just would be useful in PvE against things like the giants and wraiths.

I think that regenerating health was too good. you could get 18 health per second i saw which is ridiculous really. Especially when you can have DWGR or similar to just dodge and get your health back, its a little cheap in all honesty.

For MP system, I think it shouldn't be brought back, as you could just buy spells which are incredibly powerful and just pop MP healing items and use them over and over again. It's just too easy, and really having to be sparce with your magic increases the challenge.

also, having such a powerful weapon like blueblood sword as a longsword was too good. It needed to be a greatsword at least so it wasn't too fast for it's power.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:11 pm

The Purple Flame Shield. Definitely the Meat Cleaver too. I was a big user of the rats ring in combo with the Morion Blade in my off hand for the stacking effect. It would be nice if there was a weapon with the same ability in DkS.

Also I know this isn't quite the same thing, and that its been discussed several times before, but I really miss my status giving upgrade paths
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:15 pm

I think it's appropriate plastic! I really want the diverse upgrading from Demon's to come back in, except you know without the horrendous grind and using a slightly simpler system so upgrades aren't a total mystery for half the game (like having ascension at reasonable intervals like they are in Dark, etc.)
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:49 pm

I agree with that entirely
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Pretty much what everyone has said here. Moonlight sword, how I miss its ancestor... I'm missing my purple flame shield too, that got me through most of the first half of the game.

I agree they could implement the stat boost again, like magic gives a boost scaling with intel and maybe adds an additional spell slot? .. add some weapon upgrades that put aux effects on, like a bleeding effect etc. Those were good fun. As it stands now if you want to bleed you have about 10 weapons to choose from. It would also be cool if they brought back buying more spells with boss souls. I know there is one, but I'm greedy I want more.

and keep the scraping spear far far far away.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Yukon wrote:Pretty much what everyone has said here. Moonlight sword, how I miss its ancestor... I'm missing my purple flame shield too, that got me through most of the first half of the game.

I agree they could implement the stat boost again, like magic gives a boost scaling with intel and maybe adds an additional spell slot? .. add some weapon upgrades that put aux effects on, like a bleeding effect etc. Those were good fun. As it stands now if you want to bleed you have about 10 weapons to choose from.

and keep the scraping spear far far far away.

Not a big fan of the scraping spear either. The Purple Flame Shield doesn't get nearly enough credit. It completely negates any difficulty in the Flamelurker battle, as well anyone who might try to attack you with dragon weapons
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Scraping was one of my first pvp experiences in the souls series, it left me with a sour taste in my mouth, so I pretty much avoided PVP for the whole of Demons Souls. Something like 76,000 souls for repair at the very start of the game is a heartbreaker.

That said, I enjoy the humanity aspect of this game more than the ephermal stone, it was always so difficult to become human in demons, mostly because I refuse to use consumables for a good portion of any game, I feel like I need to save them. Can't use those stones now, gotta save them for the final boss he is going to kick my ****! (/shakes head at final boss turn out) So I ran dead through my whole first play through. NG+ I had something like 40 of those stones and still felt the need to protect them from ever being used.

I also like that they took out the ability to just turn human at a fog gate, avoiding the whole level and invaders. It was too easy.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:19 pm

You have to admit that Demon's lack of bonfires definitely adds to the feeling of isolation though.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Storm ruler, perfect to kill flipping tanks
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:25 pm

The greataxe. The new one is terrible.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:30 pm

I agree, the isolation I felt in demons was greater than dark, but I liked that in order to turn human you had to be at a bonfire, you couldn't just pop a stone infront of the fog gate, for a risk free run.

I think it could have been better if you had to use the stones while in the nexus, but then I am a hater of the loading screens so I would probably never turn human lol.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Yeah I can't argue with any of that
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:52 pm

I refuse to turn human now to avoid the world tendency messing up, I always just throw myself down the nexus. Also, the demon souls upgrade system was atrocious. It was confusing, requires rediculous amounts of farming and Blessed weapons/crushing/sharp weapons just flat out broke the game's balance.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Oh man I really miss the crushing/quality upgrades. You have to be a lot more creative in DkS for pure STR/DEX builds. Demon's upgrade system had ways of directly catering right to them
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:17 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Oh man I really miss the crushing/quality upgrades. You have to be a lot more creative in DkS for pure STR/DEX builds. Demon's upgrade system had ways of directly catering right to them

But in my opinion that removed each weapons individuality.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:29 pm

They really should add reasons to choose different upgrade paths. Right now, I see no reason to do anything but +15/buffed
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:Oh man I really miss the crushing/quality upgrades. You have to be a lot more creative in DkS for pure STR/DEX builds. Demon's upgrade system had ways of directly catering right to them

But in my opinion that removed each weapons individuality.

I think you could argue that for any upgrade path. You could just as
    easily make every weapon elemental. That too would essentially ruin a
    weapons individuality.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:45 pm

To me there needs a compromise in next souls game towards upgrading weapons. I mean on Dark, it's easy to just get a high damage weapon and upgrade it to elemental and be done with it, or +15 and buff. They're the only reasonable options really. The weapons coming from INT or Faith stats like divine or enchanted pale in comparison.

However in demon's the farming was atrocious and the upgrade paths confusing. Hell the only reason I got a good weapon on my first playthrough was because I upgraded my scimitar normal path and got sword of searching and my large club up to meat cleaver directly.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:54 pm

I miss the Cat's Ring too. Now there was a helpful ring.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed May 16, 2012 3:17 am

I miss all the weapons, mainly because I didn't made a SL 120 build in Demon's Souls. I only played to get the Platinum Trophy, and only played PvE. My 2 builds were a mage with a Kris Blade and an Enchanted Uchi. My other build was a knight which I only used to get all the miracles and some weapons. I would love to play Demon's now and make some builds, but I sold it sad .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:00 am