Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 30 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 1:36 pm

I can't say the same broke. Revenge powered chain-stabs and constant fireball bombardment to any who I come back to fight. Usually to gankers, but I've done it to a solo host because he taunted me.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue May 22, 2012 1:41 pm

great vid my favorite tactic is leading them to the bridge forcing them to 1v1 me scares them to death allso I follow Brokes rules of not ganking unless I see lag stabs ill try to get my hands on some recording equipment but for now ill just be posting my experiences hope to have some POLG killing vids up and running soon
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Well I've also met a few awesome hunters. Yesterday one guy in particular, he invaded me and put up a good fair fight, then accidentally back flipped off a cliff. I sent him a friendly teasing message, thrn he invaded me again and I died embarrassingly to npcs in front of him, the teasing came back to me. Then on his next invasion of me we had a great long drawn out battle that ended with him hitting me with a sick blind parry + Riposte. I messaged him "nice Riposte!" He immediately friended me, invaded me again, waved then dove off a cliff to give me souls. Was a great experience. The fact he did it all wearing a Pharis Hat topped it perfectly
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue May 22, 2012 1:50 pm

if only Tolvo was here to see this
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Tue May 22, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm really pumped to see more vids that others will be posting!

Yeah, the forest hunters will gank too, it's a sad fact. The only thing I've been doing is if I see the host juice up during a fight against someone else, I'll throw a lloyd's out there. Wants it fair, but still wants to juice, come on man! That usually infuriates them though and I get messages about double teaming and such...

I invaded a gravelord last night and walked up to him and bowed. We danced a bit until a darkmoon came out and started going nuts on him flipping around and trying to lagstab. Gravelord just lagstabbed him back for a OHK. Then we bowed again when a hunter came it and went berserk and died while I waited back. Then it happened again! Finally him and I were able to joust... or rather flying jab each other.

I used all of my pyromancies, so did he. He had practically the same class as me. Both of us were down to a sliver of life, doing our best not to get hit by each other's lightning rapiers but circling and flipping like mad. Was the fastest moving match I've ever had. In the end he got the last hit in. Great match though and he was still sportsman like in the end and bowed, all the other interrupters got the For the Glory of Alvina - Page 30 3358384175
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 22, 2012 2:17 pm

cloudyeki wrote:I can't say the same broke. Revenge powered chain-stabs and constant fireball bombardment to any who I come back to fight. Usually to gankers, but I've done it to a solo host because he taunted me.

Cloud - I agree. In those situations (taunt, revenge for previously dying from camper's chain BSs) a chain BS would be warranted. I do have a disdain for chain BSs - if for instance the camper immediately starts the fight BS fishing, get's a BS then chain BS you to death from that point then you get to do the same to them. It's my opinion some campers cannot actually fight straight-up they center their fighting style around BSs - I hate fighting one-hit wonders such as this.

Now constant fireball bombardment is valid attack - if the camper cannot evade then he get's turned into baked zetti:lol!: .
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 2:46 pm

You'd be surprised how often I can land a GCF on a single guy, have him flask, use my last one during his flask and stagger him, then let spear pokes and lava finish him.
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Tue May 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Ironic little thing that happened the other day...

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 5:12 pm

shoulda tempest'd
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Tue May 22, 2012 5:13 pm

You're so right... epic epic fail hehe
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 5:17 pm

it's fine it's fine. I've messed up alot of tempests anyway, but I know the buffer zone where you'll atleast make them 2nd guess. It's at the very end of the DSS's r1, at that range they have to decide for the backstab or roll away, and then actually do it. If they run for the backstab they'll catch atleast one pillar, if they run back they might get caught from behind. Only way out is to use the dwgr's flip I-frames to get out completely safe.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Broke- Thanks. I'm not sure how I hit the dragon in the invasion we won, he was ages away from me.

I had a few great invasions yesterday apart from those with Broke. I dueled a guy using Giants + MoM and a GLGS, but he was pretty good. I broke out my pike against him at some point and he couldn't touch me. Also had an evil hunter gank another guy I was dueling with.

There was one interesting group that I never beat, one guy was using Maiden's set with Talismans, Dark Hand, and Skull Lantern, and the other was using Stone Knight with a GshoA. They were really good. I managed to kill the phantom once with a stunlock, but that was the limit of it.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue May 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    cloudyeki wrote:I can't say the same broke. Revenge powered chain-stabs and constant fireball bombardment to any who I come back to fight. Usually to gankers, but I've done it to a solo host because he taunted me.

Cloud - I agree. In those situations (taunt, revenge for previously dying from camper's chain BSs) a chain BS would be warranted. I do have a disdain for chain BSs - if for instance the camper immediately starts the fight BS fishing, get's a BS then chain BS you to death from that point then you get to do the same to them. It's my opinion some campers cannot actually fight straight-up they center their fighting style around BSs - I hate fighting one-hit wonders such as this.

Now constant fireball bombardment is valid attack - if the camper cannot evade then he get's turned into baked zetti:lol!: .

I'm sad to admit that I use Chain BS's on the chronic healers. I fought a duo last night that would just try to backstab me when I finished backstabbing one, and if I BS'ed the phantom the host would just spam like 3 chugs during the animations...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 22, 2012 6:27 pm

That sounds acceptable
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 22, 2012 6:30 pm

http://tinyurl.com/cstvtto
    LOL!
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Tue May 22, 2012 6:33 pm

cloudyeki wrote:it's fine it's fine. I've messed up alot of tempests anyway, but I know the buffer zone where you'll atleast make them 2nd guess. It's at the very end of the DSS's r1, at that range they have to decide for the backstab or roll away, and then actually do it. If they run for the backstab they'll catch atleast one pillar, if they run back they might get caught from behind. Only way out is to use the dwgr's flip I-frames to get out completely safe.

I'm still thinking in the box when it comes to this game. I've come up with a few ideas on my own about problem solving in certain sticky pvp situations, but I still feel a bit laggy. I am getting better at the tempest though. At first I was just itching to let it go, but now I do a Muhamad Ali thing where they think I'm on the ropes and they'rechasing me like rabid dogs, then I hide behind a tree and let her rip. Some times it works out beautifully, more often I just kill one and the other gets me.

I got my DEX to 45,... is there any way to increase the recovery speed? Better just practice making it count.

For some reason I have better luck with the tempest than I do with the Chaos version...I figure chaos does more damage if I have more humanity., but it misses so often.. oh and is there a humanity cap on damage with Chaos pyromancies?...

trying to de-noob myself here
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 6:41 pm

It says it scales with humanity, but the damage is equal to tempest no matter what, with only the addition of lava. Tempest I think might even have a greater range then chaso storm.

Practice on making it count. That's what I did and now when I have to fall back on my pyromancy I do it with the confidence I'll atleast dampen the target's spirit with a 900+ from a great fireball.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Tempest is better in almost every way. The lava from Chaos Storm is good for discouraging people to run up and bs you as you recover. There's an interesting tactic you can use if you have enough poise and aren't going to get bs'ed. Lob a GCF at your feet, the glow will hide most of what you do. Then cast Fire Tempest as you stand in the lava. It will discourage them from coming near you, but they won't see you casting and if you deal high enough damage you'll charbroil everything within a 10 yards.

Yeki- Tempest has more pillars, but I haven't noticed a range difference.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 6:46 pm

The range at it's farthest is more than 2 DSS lengths. I know because of a duel with Skare. caught him from behind as he was backing away and knocked him on his butt big grin

Tempest embodies my playstyle 100%. I'm more than willing to gamble my win away to random chance. Though insurance isn't so bad either twisted
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Shkar wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:

I'm sad to admit that I use Chain BS's on the chronic healers. I fought a duo last night that would just try to backstab me when I finished backstabbing one, and if I BS'ed the phantom the host would just spam like 3 chugs during the animations...

Well Shkar you have identified another caveat to my rule - serial estus chuggers must pay the price - a chain BS is entirely warranted. I have lost so many battles due to serial chuggers - there is no love loss if they get SLB-coated blade in the back twisted

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Eki, no idea what you mean
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 8:32 pm

I'm sure I was dueling you. It was in PW and someone had walked backwards into a column. And I lost that fight.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Quarik wrote:Broke- Thanks. I'm not sure how I hit the dragon in the invasion we won, he was ages away from me.

I had a few great invasions yesterday apart from those with Broke. I dueled a guy using Giants + MoM and a GLGS, but he was pretty good. I broke out my pike against him at some point and he couldn't touch me. Also had an evil hunter gank another guy I was dueling with.

There was one interesting group that I never beat, one guy was using Maiden's set with Talismans, Dark Hand, and Skull Lantern, and the other was using Stone Knight with a GshoA. They were really good. I managed to kill the phantom once with a stunlock, but that was the limit of it.

@Quarik - I watched the vid - yeah u had the dragoniod stun-locked for most of the fight
    I did not see the finishing blow but u got 'em. Then u got the BS on the host and it was pretty much
    Clean-up work at that point

In regards to the stone armored camper I think I may have run into them before-will check vid archives.

For the glory of Alvina - good hunting!!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Yeah that was me Eki. Was being sarcastic. Didn't think it would get me there. whoops!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Sarcasm doesn't travel the net to well matey. But you got the kill that time with a the greatscythe's 2h heavy I think.

I really want my game back so I can get back to fighting already!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm