Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 38 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue May 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Oh good is not the term I would use. Terrible or disgusting maybe. I blame my english teacher for bombarding me with nonstop puns all school year.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 29, 2012 6:12 pm

So, this has been off topic for a page and a half.

Which of you are participating in the summer hunt?
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Tue May 29, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm gonna go! When does it start?

I'll be using this: http://tinyurl.com/893mzag

Not sure if I should lower vit to 20 for more end.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue May 29, 2012 6:24 pm

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t6187-hunting-season-summer-forest-pvp-event
    all in its own thread happy
    Please do join but as I was advised earlier that really isnt much health , even for a caster build silly if you make a thread I am sure people more knowledgeable than I will be happy to help.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Tue May 29, 2012 6:40 pm

I kinda adopted a strange strategy for the forest which makes health pointless. Also, I wanna see how low I can push my health comfort zone in regular PvP and PvE.

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue May 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Can someone confirm if it is possible to be invaded by a forest hunter higher level than you? thought I would give the hunters a break on my Sl30 and practise some parrying but I have only been getting people who seem even lower level than me! :/
    Also I can understand that big grin my main toon has 10 vit it makes for an interesting experience no?
    Nice to meet someone else who does this btw happy
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 29, 2012 6:43 pm

It matches you to those closer to your SL before summoning the super high or super low SLs.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue May 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Aha. any idea roughly how long it takes to start searching for higher?
    I have been invaded by 2 guys a couple of times each one I swear is Sl-5
    the other about 15 I think :/
    was hoping for some hard but fair pvp
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 29, 2012 7:13 pm

It clusters people in groups. Quitting out and reloading will often switch what group you're in. A lot of Hunters are low because it's (relatively) easy to join fora pvp covenant.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Im getting pissed at that jump. I have attemted it 3 times now. 1st time bounced off the left side, second time bounced off the right side and third time bounced off the frint. The game hates me.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Tue May 29, 2012 10:27 pm

It is apparently possible to jump down to the basin. I only found out about it when I ran right, hugging the wall. When I reached the cliff, I faced all three of the gankers and then rolled of. I landed on a ledge.

This is where I also landed my 1st parry+reposit with hornet ring on a full havel with fire zwei after a BS when he flasked. I'm surprised the host was the one to drop down. I was expecting his phantom to come after me.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Majikero07 wrote:It is apparently possible to jump down to the basin. I only found out about it when I ran right, hugging the wall. When I reached the cliff, I faced all three of the gankers and then rolled of. I landed on a ledge.

This is where I also landed my 1st parry+reposit with hornet ring on a full havel with fire zwei after a BS when he flasked. I'm surprised the host was the one to drop down. I was expecting his phantom to come after me.

Yeah - that trick is always good to use in 3v1 situation - any camper who doesn't have the HP will kill themselves. I have killed a couple of campers by goading them into making the jump to their death twisted .Also you can use all of the enemies down there for help including the Hydra (watch out for the magic water attack it can hurt you).

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 30, 2012 1:15 am

Broke- It's worth noting that the Hydra's water bolts are 100% physical damage. As long as you don't dead angle yourself and you have a high enough stability shield, they can't touch you.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 2:21 am

Quarik wrote:Broke- It's worth noting that the Hydra's water bolts are 100% physical damage. As long as you don't dead angle yourself and you have a high enough stability shield, they can't touch you.

Until one lands next to you, hits you around your shield, stuns you so you drop your shiels and you take a direct hit from the front.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 30, 2012 3:19 am

"As long as you don't dead angle yourself"...
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 30, 2012 7:24 am

Roger that - I have only gotten hit by the water attacks once - I was between the campers and the Hyrda so course I had to learn that lesson the hardway. I made sure that never happened again lol! And you are correct about the water attacks being 100% physical - I always thought the attacks did magic damage. I tell you I keep learning something new about this game every day.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 30, 2012 10:15 am

Great victory last night. I invaded a twosome who I believe had an invisible hunter already in the mix. Somehow the phantom died anyway. The host sees me and starts running like crazy through the Alvina building. Ok.....I was working on a little project anyway with my phone so I set up shop at the stairs and wait for him. I start seeing small damage amounts from what looks like the basin area so I start moseying about. I'm in no hurry. I've taken a ton of camping time from this guy with no loss to me so let's keep the ball rolling. After quite a bit more time looking around the cliffs and orienting to this guy via where I see small damage blips I eventually discover he climbed down the ladder near the bridge and must have been shooting the hydra with arrows or something for fun to while away his time. Naturally, after close to twenty minutes I think, I'm in no mood to kill the guy. He's gotta be tortured. So I prep Wrath of God and just stand at the top of the ladder. Here camper camper camper. He obviously sees me big grin and blows off a few Dragon roars. I'm not sure if he was actually trying to hit me or was bored or was trying to show me where he went but no dice. I blast off one Wrath of God to say "Yeah, I see ya." Since I have five more, I am fairly confident in my ability to toss him from the ladder should be be foolish enough to try that. After several more minutes he suicides.

I get a message saying I cost him 31 million souls and I forget how much humanity so I respond "don't run." and added I'm looking for fair fights and forest cleaning and if he was up to something legitimate he had plenty of time to message me. Then I tacked on that I was pretty sure I saw a phantom which means a gang up. He did an "lol" and responded that a hunter wasn't playing fair with him so I replied that there's "baddies" on both sides and it's up to us to be the good ones. I asked him to give a "1v1" if he sees "one of me" and he actually seemed to be a decent guy.

Still loved my win though.......although that leads me to another post I will discuss later. I got a weeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiird glitch right after I killed him.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 10:27 am

Hunters I have a hard choice. In order to duel Cloud or Skare I must level up a toon but Im not sure which one. Here are the 2 I have, whihc should I take up? The Tarkus one is better but I really like using him for FC and such, but the Artorias one was what i originally planned to level up indefinetily.
    Tarkus in tights
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4902876388423888
    Guardian of the Wolf Grave
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=230216941
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 30, 2012 10:56 am

I might have a 120 soon that's modeled after my upper level for dueling. The only difference will be that I sacrificed most of the magic casting ability (since it doesn't reflect me well) so I can have enough endurance to fast roll in my Black Iron without the DWGR. Farmer Tarkus 2.0 has ridiculously high (and I mean ridiculous) endurance.

He's almost done leveling but I need to gather my belongings still and upgrade them.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=409220599
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 30, 2012 2:39 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Great victory last night. I invaded a twosome who I believe had an invisible hunter already in the mix. Somehow the phantom died anyway. The host sees me and starts running like crazy through the Alvina building. Ok.....I was working on a little project anyway with my phone so I set up shop at the stairs and wait for him. I start seeing small damage amounts from what looks like the basin area so I start moseying about. I'm in no hurry. I've taken a ton of camping time from this guy with no loss to me so let's keep the ball rolling. After quite a bit more time looking around the cliffs and orienting to this guy via where I see small damage blips I eventually discover he climbed down the ladder near the bridge and must have been shooting the hydra with arrows or something for fun to while away his time. Naturally, after close to twenty minutes I think, I'm in no mood to kill the guy. He's gotta be tortured. So I prep Wrath of God and just stand at the top of the ladder. Here camper camper camper. He obviously sees me big grin and blows off a few Dragon roars. I'm not sure if he was actually trying to hit me or was bored or was trying to show me where he went but no dice. I blast off one Wrath of God to say "Yeah, I see ya." Since I have five more, I am fairly confident in my ability to toss him from the ladder should be be foolish enough to try that. After several more minutes he suicides.

I get a message saying I cost him 31 million souls and I forget how much humanity so I respond "don't run." and added I'm looking for fair fights and forest cleaning and if he was up to something legitimate he had plenty of time to message me. Then I tacked on that I was pretty sure I saw a phantom which means a gang up. He did an "lol" and responded that a hunter wasn't playing fair with him so I replied that there's "baddies" on both sides and it's up to us to be the good ones. I asked him to give a "1v1" if he sees "one of me" and he actually seemed to be a decent guy.

Still loved my win though.......although that leads me to another post I will discuss later. I got a weeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiird glitch right after I killed him.

Skare - nice going. But I want to know why the camper suicided instead of trying to fight you? If he was so worried about losing 31 million souls and his humanity why did he not at least try to fight or maybe disconnect (when a camper does this I always hope it corrupts their save file). Sometimes I just don't know what is going through the minds of some campers - they complain about things but at the end of the day it is their actions which caused them such misery. Plus he had ample opportunity to PM you for a honorable 1v1 - but this was probably not his intentions anyway.Well you just gave the camper something to do now - earn those millions of souls all over gain:lol!: .

Also, what was the wierd glitch that occured after the camper suicided? I saw on Youtube where a camper gave an another player a glitched item and he had to go through all of these steps to get it out of his inventory. Seeing this type of stuff happening has made me become very leary on acting as mule for other players. This game will never cease to amaze me.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Yeah, he had options Broke. He just chose a poor one. I seriously waited at the steps for a duel for over five minutes for sure and maybe closer to ten. I only went cheap after I had toyed with him forever and wanted to prolong the misery. Although a message would have made me back off the ledge and set up a 1v1. So here's the glitch and I'm still investigating it.....you'll see why.

So after he suicided, it didn't return me to where I was in the forest (I was hanging out there for research which is Top Secret at the moment but you'll all get to learn of soon). Instead I got a gray screen in which my character was not visible. The HUD and such were visible but nothing else. I cycled through a few items and quit the game hoping a reload would fix the issue. Instead of going right back to that character, I sent a message to a very classy individual who I won't name unless he gives me permission to publicly thank. This person helped me level Farmer Tarkus 2.0 very quickly (I only did part of what he helped and went from sl 21 to 99 in ten minutes). I went looking for some of my Farmer Tarkus things in game for a while and went back and forth messaging my earlier victim. By the time I had the things I wanted for the new build that were within easy reach it was pretty late but I decided to load my primary character to see if my save file was effed. I load it and it's grey still. Crap. I cycle through inventory again and decide "I'll just start walking around and see what happens." The answer: My character made the "I just died sound" but completely refused to reload/return to a bonfire. I died and the world stayed gray and that was it. Crap. I quit and reload AGAIN and this time I'M FALLING! Ok.....at least it's something. It's grey with a few darker shadows but at least there's my character! Yay! So he dies again and won't reload automatically so I quit and look at my file before reloading. Remember I was in the forest. I was camped at the bonfire by the Artorias gate and had rested there several times toying with miracles and sorcery. I promise this will come up later. Now when I'm looking at my file it says "Northern Undead Asylum." What? That's weird. Ok......I load it again and I'm facing the back of a black knight. I'm pretty quick usually on the "lock on and shield up" routine but I took a couple seconds this time. Enough time for the knight (completely engulfing the screen by the way, he looked even bigger than normal) to turn around and raise his weapon. I got the block and realize I'm in the cell you start the game in. Um...ok. The Knight looked so large because the camera isn't meant for a fight in that room which is also why it took me a second to recognize where I was. I kill the night and start moseying around. I thought the fall just led me to there and that must be where you land when you fall out of the forest map. That makes sense to me, and I've seen falling off the map glitches before and know what shenanigans they can cause. After wandering a few minutes I've killed the other knight, hollow Oscar seen the sights a bit. I head to the bonfire before the Asylum Demon Fight and am about to rest when I think to myself....I should use a homeward bone. In this run I didn't kill any bosses and took the long way around to get to the forest. I can just use a bone and cut out the footwork since the last time I used a fire it was outside the forest. Yay thinking! Uh uh......it put me right back in my cell. I quit and will investigate more tonight but it's intriguing that it's counting the cell as a fire.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 3:40 pm

The game must have lost your previous location entirely, abd instead of just saying "F U save broken" it has a contingency to dump you at the Asylum.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 30, 2012 3:45 pm

That's what I was thinking and boy am I glad. I'm gonna fool around tonight and see if anything is different or glitched. I expect not but was a little panicked for a while.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 30, 2012 3:55 pm

And now we know why Artorias fell. He got new game'd and then decided to be a wraith fro the he'll of it lol!

It's good farmer Tarkus is safe. He's one of the few duel buddies I have!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 4:48 pm

cloudyeki wrote:And now we know why Artorias fell. He got new game'd and then decided to be a wraith fro the he'll of it lol!

It's good farmer Tarkus is safe. He's one of the few duel buddies I have!

Now we know how Priscilla's doll got to the Asylum. Her 'Doll Keeper' fell through the floor, through a huge grey screen, then was returned to the asylum. At which point he was brutally murdered by a Black Knight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 pm