Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
ClassicBlaze
Hue
Gyonimizotetsu
Blaze1st
SEANB240
Bubbahotep
FattyOfDoom
Eolan
baltis
TheTruth
TehInfamousAmos
cloudyeki
Matthew718
Sal Paradise
Wade_Wilson
lxtab
skarekrow13
stinkers78
Yukon
Shkar
FlamingHarlekin
hortator
ViralEnsign_
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
pylorih
PastaOfDoom
ublug
Doelker
Artorias
SilenceOfKnights
WyrmHero
steal_yer_bike
Gorgrim
Gol
Spurgun
Emergence
lunardose
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JY4answer
ChizFreak
BishopG
Kyubi-Nick
nsane32
menianoon
sunbro
jjshowal
drago1uk2000
Carphil
User
55 posters

The Search for Lore

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Search for Lore  - Page 12 Empty Re: The Search for Lore

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 pm

But the sunlight medal says he was removed from the annals of history.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:09 pm

WyrmHero wrote:But the sunlight medal says he was removed from the annals of history.

"The symbol represents Lord Gwyn's firstborn, who lost his deity status and was expunged from the annals."

So it does. I can think of two possible ways they could BOTH be true:

1. The annals were "lost" to a foe, who then wiped the god from the annals.

2. The annals were lost, and while they were eventually recovered, they wiped out the god from them to punish him.

Assuming both are true, I lean more to the first solution since he was a god of WAR. However, if only one were to be true, I would guess that his LOSING of the annals is what is incorrect.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:10 pm

WyrmHero wrote:But the sunlight medal says he was removed from the annals of history.

That's what I said lol
    Make sure you read it right please. silly

The ring says "his foolishness led to a loss of the annals", not that he lost it.
    The sunlight medal says he was expunged from the annals.

I think that's pretty different.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Gol wrote:

That's what I said lol
    Make sure you read it right please. silly

The ring says "his foolishness led to a loss of the annals", not that he lost it.
    The sunlight medal says he was expunged from the annals.

I think that's pretty different.

My bad, in the last post of yours I quoted I had thought you were still talking about the ring, I hadn't noticed you had switched over to the Sunlight Medal.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Well it says that annals are recording of things, sometimes year by year. It could be that he lost his annal, his recording in history, by the lost of his deity status and the removal of all his achivements... Even his name.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:41 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Well it says that annals are recording of things, sometimes year by year. It could be that he lost his annal, his recording in history, by the lost of his deity status and the removal of all his achivements... Even his name.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/annals?s=t

1. a record of events, especially a yearly record, usually in chronological order.
    2. historical records generally: the annals of war.
    3. a periodical publication containing the formal reports of an organization or learned field.

You could be right. Quite frankly, 2 references is not a lot of information to work on. They could be using a different definition or something, and they could mean it in a literal "history book" or a "change this to change the past" kind of scenario.

Unless you can find some clues and piece it together, it will be hard to tell. I personally think this is an important piece of the puzzle though.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Sigh, a critical failure. I sacrificed all 2 sets of the Firekeepers souls on her, by both trying to do the crow technique as well as dropping Gwyn's soul and the pendant. Nothing

I used the other set of souls with Lautrec and Solaire summoned, and absorbed all the souls near Tge three... Nothing.

I will talk about the God of War later today or tomorrow. As well as the Titanites, the blacksmith, and other things.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:05 pm

I haven't put too much thought into this, but these are the pieces related to him:

This faintly warm medal, engraved with the symbol of the Sun, is the ultimate honour, awarded to those who summon the Warrior of Sunlight and complete a goal. The symbol represents Lord Gwyn's firstborn, who lost his deity status and was expunged from the annals. But the old God of War still watches closely over his warriors.

Lord Gwyn's firstborn, who inherited the sunlight, once wore this ancient ring. Lord Gwyn's firstborn was a god of war, but his foolishness led to a loss of the annals, and rescinding of his deific status. Today, even his name is not known.

Miracle passed down to those bound by the Warrior of Sunlight covenant. Hurl giant lightning spear. The weapon of the God of War, who inherited the sunlight of Lord Gwyn, but had respect only for arms, and nothing else.

Miracle wielded by Lord Gwyn's firstborn. Boost right weapon with rays of Sun. The power of sunlight, manifested as lightning, is very effective against dragons. When the eldest son was stripped of his deific status, he left this on his father's coffin, perhaps as a final farewell.

• I assume the description of the Sunlight Medal reflects, and tells us about, the nature of Gwyn's firstborn.
    • His siblings names are Gwynevere and Gwyndolin, so being the firstborn his name was most likely Gwyn, the 2nd.
    • I assume the annals were kept in the Archives, but since he was 'expunged' it is probably not related to the archives turning into a prison.
    • He wore a ring that doesn't increase the power of his chosen 'weapon' (sunlight blade), but it could have increased the power of the weapon he didn't use/respect (lightning spear).
    • Miracle passed down to those bound by the Warrior of Sunlight covenant: As his father, he shared his power among his clan, the sunbros.
    • Left Sunlight Blade on his fathers coffin, meaning he returned the 'sun' because he didn't need it where he was going? Gwyn also left to link the fire with nothing but his crown and greatsword, after bequeathing his power (lord soul) to the Gods.

About inheriting the Sunlight:
    Soul of Ornstein, Dragonslayer Knight who guards the cathedral in the forsaken city of Anor Londo. Lord Gywn granted this soul to his four most trusted knights.

• Gwyn granted this soul to Ornstein (and the other knights), and when Smough absorbs it he gains the power of the sun, manifested as lightning, which tells us about the nature of this soul. Is this what is meant by inheriting the Sunlight, being granted a piece of Gwyn's soul, or has it more to do with the disposition the god of war had from birth (like his brother being more suited for moon magic)?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:14 pm

We don't yet know how even Gwyn becamew a god. At best we can estimate that his soul was powerful enough to make him one. However this doesn't explain why his children are gods. No-one knows whether being the child of a god is enough or if he granted them parts of his soul. I think that the god of war's power of the sun must have been inherited due to his relation with Gwyn since I am one of the god of war = pygmy people. So in my book he would have had the dark soul which wouldnt have given him power of the light but power in himself or in his arm (hint hint). I tried to look at Gwyndolin's soul description but its not on the wiki and neither is ornsteins. Gwyndolin's soul description may give some clues as to how power is inherited by the gods children.

About the ornstein soul I thought Gwyn only gave his soul shards to the four kings not his four knights?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Sigh.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Don't get down Cook, keep at it big grin

we're all hoping and waiting for the next chapter of the tale you weave happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:58 pm

I think Ornstein Soul was the soul of the God of War, but as he lost his deity status, Gwyn took his soul and granted it to Ornstein and the four knights. To Ornstein because he was the captain. With this soul you can get the Dragonslayer Spear, and the Sunlight Altar statue wields this spear. Coincidence?

Edit: Ornstein's Helm

Helm of the dragonslayer Ornstein, who
    guards the cathedral in the forsaken city of
    Anor Londo.

Ornstein is believed to be the captain of the
    Four Knights. His golden lion helm is imbued
    with the power of lightning and should
    provide good protection against it.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Just don't get too burned out Cook, I know from my searchings I've been a bit burned out for doing it too much lately so I've just been focusing on PvP. Don't forget to take breaks, otherwise you'll go hollow.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:28 am

I am more numbed by repitition of lackage.

I'll post it tomorrow. Need a break from that damn drake. Rhea was a failure, but maybe it is due to me missing something. The Pyromancer in the depths is able to both detect the class of the person and even what Pyromancy they hold. Snuggly gives sign of trade from items, and even humanity (which transforms to lloyd's talisman in the forest, I have found. Maybe also in other locations, as did with same results in bell church). Perhaps I made my being wrong. But to what do I make it to be?

I hate this damn IPod. Corrects things I write into things that are wrong in general within a sentence. Hate it. Tomorrow I shall talk about the god of war and the titanite. Their is someone else that many overlook at times, and I am here to set the ties to him.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:33 am

Since we're getting onto the four knights here I did some looking at their rings and for the wolf ring it says "Artorias had an unbendable will of steel"
    What could make such a man turn to the abyss? To know i think we have to look at how you ascend to his weapons. His normal greatsword is ascended from a broken sword. It damages dark servants more and the description reads "Sword born from the soul of the great grey wolf Sif, guardian of the grave of the Abysswalker Knight Artorias."
    "Sir Artorias hunted the Darkwraiths, and his sword strikes harder against dark servants."
    So what does this mean? It means Artorias was a hunter of the darkwraiths and their kin to the point where his sword broke. Note that he has not yet stepped foot into the abyss.

Here is a history blank I have not been able to fill. After the loss of hs sword we don't know what happened. However the fact his sword was more damaging to dark servants and his shield says
    "Shield born from the soul of the great grey wolf Sif, guardian of the grave of the Abysswalker Knight Artorias."
    "Boasts consistent defense and divine protection against various status effects."
    implies that his weapons were specially made for him, and possibly irreplacable. The divine protection could have been a blessing place on his shield before Gwyn went to the kiln. Thus over the significant time he spent hunting them Artorias would have become very attached to his sword. He would do anything to repair it.

Now my theory is that Kaarthe or someone from the abyss approached Artorias in disguise and told him they could repair his sword. Desperate to repair his sword Artorias agrees and unwittingly enters a pact with the ayss. The stranger repairs the sword but unbeknowst to Artorias curses the sword. Artorias accepts the sword but it damned by hlding it. he has completed his pact with the abyss and is lost to its ways. He is given his ring at the same time to allow him to traverse the abyss now he is one with it.

This is why using a unbroken sword creates the cursed version while the broken sword creates the original version. It is also how Artorias with his will of steel turned against Gwyn to side with the abyss.

So there is my post. Its a little hard to read but it gets the idea across. Acidic if Ive stolen any of your ideas sorry.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:24 am

DoughGuy wrote:Since we're getting onto the four knights here I did some looking at their rings and for the wolf ring it says "Artorias had an unbendable will of steel"
    What could make such a man turn to the abyss? To know i think we have to look at how you ascend to his weapons. His normal greatsword is ascended from a broken sword. It damages dark servants more and the description reads "Sword born from the soul of the great grey wolf Sif, guardian of the grave of the Abysswalker Knight Artorias."
    "Sir Artorias hunted the Darkwraiths, and his sword strikes harder against dark servants."
    So what does this mean? It means Artorias was a hunter of the darkwraiths and their kin to the point where his sword broke. Note that he has not yet stepped foot into the abyss.

Here is a history blank I have not been able to fill. After the loss of hs sword we don't know what happened. However the fact his sword was more damaging to dark servants and his shield says
    "Shield born from the soul of the great grey wolf Sif, guardian of the grave of the Abysswalker Knight Artorias."
    "Boasts consistent defense and divine protection against various status effects."
    implies that his weapons were specially made for him, and possibly irreplacable. The divine protection could have been a blessing place on his shield before Gwyn went to the kiln. Thus over the significant time he spent hunting them Artorias would have become very attached to his sword. He would do anything to repair it.

Now my theory is that Kaarthe or someone from the abyss approached Artorias in disguise and told him they could repair his sword. Desperate to repair his sword Artorias agrees and unwittingly enters a pact with the ayss. The stranger repairs the sword but unbeknowst to Artorias curses the sword. Artorias accepts the sword but it damned by hlding it. he has completed his pact with the abyss and is lost to its ways. He is given his ring at the same time to allow him to traverse the abyss now he is one with it.

This is why using a unbroken sword creates the cursed version while the broken sword creates the original version. It is also how Artorias with his will of steel turned against Gwyn to side with the abyss.

So there is my post. Its a little hard to read but it gets the idea across. Acidic if Ive stolen any of your ideas sorry.

Nice theory. I agree with you. I'm sure Kaathe would curse his most precious weapon.
    stinkers78
    stinkers78

Post by stinkers78 Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:03 am

Greetings,

1st time posting.

Ive been reading this thread for months now checking it daily. I havnt even completed the 1st play through due to having a wife....kid....job....life. Damn life. I just wanted to say this acidic cook guy has done some marvelous work trying to give a back story. I cant agree with everything thats concocted. But half of it sounds like you sat on the developers meetings.

Ok im in dukes archives after being placed in prison I see a soul hanging off some bookcases. I havnt figured how to reach him and I didnt see it in the step by step. You can see the soul. He is not inside a cell and is not with the white ring maiden soul. I already have the proud/brave knight soul in the cell. What is hanging ther and wat iz it?? No bonfire in Crystal Caves???? Must be something there. Is it the only location in the game without a bonfire besides valley of drakes which is like a interstate hwy to other places in the game? All the hidden invisible paths surely something is ther.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:12 am

Hi welcome to the club of almost hollows. That's another soul of a Brave Warrior. You can reach it if you use the Archives Extra Key.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:27 am

So some further Artorias ideas to go along with my previous post. The person who told Artorias they could fix his soul? Velka. She was gaining allies for when she switched to the dark. The reason Artorias's sowrd was so powerful? Instead of using anothrs soul to forge a weapon Artorias used his OWN soul to forge his soul. When the sword broke his soul was freed from the weapon (I'll get to it soon) and he was left with a shattered sword. Velka fixed it but cursed it and he turned.
    Now for his soul that may have escaped but it didn't dissipate. It flew threw the world tryong to find its body again. Eventually it drifted back to where Artorias's grave was. Here it attempted to rejoin its body (much the way anastacia's does) but it could not. Instead it joined with a wolf club. The poewr of the soul mutated the cub until it was the size of Sif. The soul also allowed the wolf to wield a blade by imparting upon it Artorias's skill with a blade. And then the wolf contnued to watch over the grave hoping one day it could relink wwith its previou body.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:10 am

WyrmHero wrote:I think Ornstein Soul was the soul of the God of War, but as he lost his deity status, Gwyn took his soul and granted it to Ornstein and the four knights. To Ornstein because he was the captain. With this soul you can get the Dragonslayer Spear, and the Sunlight Altar statue wields this spear. Coincidence?

It isn't the spear, I checked myself, it's an halberd and you could verify it yourself by holding the spear next to the statue.

They are very similar but it isn't the same weapon, a spear has a pointed head whereas the weapon that the statue is holding has a blade and the little decoration before the blade is not the same, it's a bit curved contrary to the one on the spear that is straight... and the spear is just longer :

https://i.imgur.com/qqKUM.jpg

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/file/view/dragonslayer_spear.jpg/267407580/447x231/dragonslayer_spear.jpg
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:31 pm

You are right.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Then that brings up the question of what the God of War actually fought against. Because a Halberd is pretty well known as an anti-Cavalry and Knight weapon. So it sounds like he wasn't a dragon slayer, nor was he a demon slayer. He would have been a manslayer. But that is just speculation built upon his weapon alone, grasping at straws haha.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Sorry folks, I was gonna post one an hour ago, but my internet was interupted by my co-workers mucking around :evil: . All is well, it does not change the plan much other than a setback. Now onward towards the gods, my friends. More importantly three particular gods in which two are still a mystery, while one has already been discovered as Velka. I made some errors with my speculation before, although their is still possibility that it may be I am not wrong, but that is yet to be determined. Gol is right, the weapon resembles more of a halberd than a spear. Of course him being a manslayer is a little off in those standards. Perhaps it is more so aligned towards a certain army...

29. Demons, Giants, and Hammers

Their are three gods that have hidden from the lore of the world. One of them was the firekeeper of the first flame, the flame of disparity, which she shows evidence of being Velka, the Goddess of Sin, as by the context of all the beings that are based on the flame of disparity, and their ties towards her. However, two gods that were in lordran as gods, both the God of War and the overlooked blacksmith deity, is undetermined... for now. But this post is meant to uncover them once and for all. Let us first start with the Blacksmith.

If you do not know, the Blacksmith Deity is the creator of the titanite Demons in the sense that the two are tied together as a whole. As well, the titanite demons are also tied to one creature in the game as well, which is known by many as the giants. These giants have the same black content as the demons, as well as similar head features. However both strong, the difference is that the giants are stronger and larger, and one is known to be a blacksmith, which ties to also the blacksmith deity as well. However the giants are rarer than the demons themselves. Let us look at the demons first.

The titanite Demons have only a few locations within the game. One of them is Sen's Fortress, in which four dominate the tar depths of Sen's, in which they kill all who fall into the tar pits. Although their are two sets of these Demons, in which the ones that follow the trail path of Logan are more resilient and stronger than those who are part of the main path, which is where the player first goes threw the swinging scythes of death. The titanites are all armed with the same weaponry, in which they hold a giant halberd known as the titanite catch pole, and use the power of lightning to kill their enemies from a long range. However is is also crippled, in which these edemons are all missing the same thing, which is the left leg. These titanites are also said to be left by the Blacksmith Deity, which is one of the only clues that lead us towards such a being. But why?

The Demons are also found in other locations within Lordran. One is in Anor Londo, guarding an alter that is unknown to all. Anor Londo is the very foundation in which all the Gods of the Sun, including the God of War, Velka, and Gwyn resided at one point or another. Interesting enough, at the fog gate leading towards Ornstein and smough, their are two figures outlined at the door: A priest, and a blacksmith. Even more so the great hallway that holds the two strongest sentiental giants has symbols of which shows many treasures of identification. Perhaps the alter it guards was once one of the two beings, or both, that are imprinted at such a strange gate.

One titanite Demon is also found by the blacksmith, known as Andre of Astora. Andre is a blacksmith that resides in the use of raw physical weapons, as well as the use of divine/occult weapons. Now this is interesting. All of the divine/occult embers are outlined towards the Way of White, a covenant which is outlined by the use of divine power, and the Occult, which has shown to be once used by the Goddess of Sin and possibly Nito as well. Now the Embers are all different than the rest, in which they are all stored. All of the Embers of the Gods (Nito and Velka are Gods, so yes, Occult is a God Ember) are held by stoned blacksmiths, which are the same features as that of the Blacksmith Andre. Even more so, the Blacksmith is an expert of raw weaponry and physical, in which one being was known to love the ideals of the arm more than anything. Care to guess who?

One Demon titanite is found within Lost Izalith. This Demon is the most odd of the bunch, because it is the only one that respawns. As odd as how Sen's has four titanites in one place, many might consider the Demon to be once possibly a fabrication of the Chaos Flame, as Nito and the Witch both have proven the use of such titanite to create such entities... right? Heh, far from the truth. The Demon is found on a bridge, which is between that of the Bed of Chaos and the Gate in which Chaos Servants can use. The Door holds a special creature that is found nowhere else, which is known as the Sunlight Maggots. Now these creatures have three features that are interesting. One, is that they are able to not only manifest themselves upon people (like solaire), but also when equipped they emit a blinding light, which has named it the sunlight maggot. It also drops two items as well. One is the Red titanite, which shows some connections towards the blacksmith, although very little. However one shows a connection to a certain God of War, in which they drop Sunlight Medallions. It could be that these bugs are manifestations of such things similar to how the Chaos Eaters are possibly manifestations of titanite from the chaos flame... but they drop both the fire titanite and the sunlight medallion. Odd. Perhaps Solaire dropped the medallions when he had given up hope, and the bugs might have consumed them. Or is it something else, in which would describe why the titanite Demon can respawn? The Bugs can respawn as well, and their is no limit to them, other than the bug that has the red eyes (the one that drops the helm that is the sunlight maggot).

The last demon that is found within Lordran is the one that is by the very entrance towards the tomb of Nito, in the Catacombs. This has always troubled me for some time, as their is no reason why this Demon should be here. It has no connections towards what it is, as much as it is confusing as the demon in Lost Izalith. possibly even more so. However such a beast guards the entrance towards Nito. Why? Well, what is Nito's obligation towards the ties towards Lordran? He sees everything, in which he has a view of both Ash Lake and the Demon Ruins. He also is the only ally remaining of Gwyn, as Nito sees the relighting of the flame to his benefit, or perhaps Nito saw it as a way to save others from what the other flame and the Goddess of Sin have done to the world, in which chaos ensued. Whatever reason, Nito is tied towards Gwyn. He even has Black knights, the fighters of chaos who are tied to the flame of disparity, and are not chastised by those around them (the skeletons). So what of the Demon? Well, let us look back at Sen's Fortress.

We have no idea as to who this being is. Sen? Hm, it seems odd that only his name remains, and no records of him are known... happy . So a being has connections towards the Gods of Lordran at best. We know that in fact Sen created the Fortress, or better yet had helped build it one way or another. Many of the creatures within it are that of the Gods as well. The mimic and the serpents, who are speculated to be men who have been cursed by certain sins into monsters by such gods. The Iron Golem, which is that of the same creature as the silver and black knights, an metal suit that is controlled by the essence of a soul, in which case is the bones of a Dragon. It is speculated that Either Gwyn or Seath had their influence in the Fortress before, as Gwyn might see it as someone who can prove that they are great enough to pass the tests, and Seath for the serpents and mimic that also reside within his domain. But what if it's not him? Seath is a being of intelligence, while Gwyn is a being of faith. The Fortress was designed to test the endurance and strength of the being, the raw and physical quality of the being itself. Only a few follow such ideals, and Sen's Fortress follows such trends of testing the Will of the Arm.

I hope you see such connections. Although I add a name, two show favour of being the same. It seems that the God of War and the Blacksmith show the smae qualities of one another. The Giants, possibly creatures formed form the Blacksmith itself, are creatures of raw strength, and even such qualities are seen from the Blacksmith Giant in Anor Londo, following its masters ideals and mastery. The titanite Demons show the context of the power of lighting, as it uses it in combat, as well as it being produced by the magical content which is possibly souls (as it powers weapons of souls into a greater magnitude of power). Andre also believes in such qualities of the only thing trustworthy being that of the arm; the weapon in which they hold in their hands. Such beliefs are shared with the God of War himself. Heh, even the halberds in which Gol also points out of the statue of the God of War, as well as the titanite demon, show qualities of which are weapons used to hunt and kill Calvary, or better yet knights.

Sen is the God of War; The Blacksmith Deity; the Firstborn. Heh, such qualities are apparent in Dark Souls, and such ties show. As the titanite Demons hold the power to hunt down knights, one demon guards the domain of Nito, which houses a few Black Knights in the underworld. I was wrong in the fact that the God of War distinguished the flame, and more so that he is the pygmy. In fact, the God of War betrayed Gwyn after the second lighting itself. But why? I would not be surprised if he was deceived by the Dark forces, as a relative of his is part of it, and was even once the firekeeper of the first flame: Velka. She or her followers such as Seath or even the Dark Beasts could have deceived him, thinking that Gwyn had relit it of fear of what man could bring to the world, and he relit the flame. We have discovered this as untrue, as he relit it to battle against the Chaos Flame, in which he despised with a passion, as he was a creature of order. As the God of War is said to have lost all documentation (annals) due to his recklessness, it can be said that he once sides with the Dark forces that somewhat supported chaos (intentionally or unintentionally they supported chaos, but that is yet to be determined). As the titanite Demons are that of the same quality as that of the God of War (lighting powers as well as black form of which Velka is known from as well as her minions (or former, for Nito)), it can be said that he battled against the Black knights, to undue the 'mistake' in which his father made. However later on it can be said that he learned his mistake, possibly when he realized the existence of the Chaos Flame (his titanite is seen their). Perhaps,out of what he learned, he departed from the world of Lordran for the guilt and shame of what he brought towards the world, and left his inheritance. It could be that not Gwyn who destroyed who the God of War was, but other factors such as Gywndolin, Seath, Velka, or other forms. But where is he now?

Well we have a better name for him now, and it seems that perhaps it is of a simpler state to call him Sen, the firstborn. Such an interesting name, although it might be someone else. However the context and quality of it matches the ideals of both the blacksmith and the God of War. It may be that Sen was someone else, but to who is undetermined. However unless stated otherwise, it is clear that Sen is tied closest to the two, in which the two are the same being. Odd, as he does not have the same names as his father and siblings, but that may be due to the same factor as Velka, as she does not have Gwyn in any form in her name. But we still do not know where he is now? Heh, well the facts this shows does point towards someone that I have been looking at for some time. But that is yet to be stated as such, as I need more proof. We shall see.

I hope this helps. the God of War, Sen, the Blacksmith... all one being. Odd, how we saw the God of War as someone we have spoken to, yet we overlook others who are also missing. Similar to that of Velka and the Firekeeper, in the way. But we know who Velka is. We do not exactly know where either has gone to, and more so what the God of War looks like. Soon, though. I can see him now, but I need more proof. Just a little more...

Last edited by Acidic_Cook on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:31 pm

I haven't finished reading the whole thing yet, but I just wanted to point out I wasn't the guy who pointed out it was a Halberd, I don't want to accidentally take credit haha.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Sorry, Gol. I will reedit that one.

EDIT: I read your post Gol, I did. However I was typing this for about an hour away, and I wanted to give credit for such a find. However my mind went to tolvo, as I remember him talking about it at one point. I am forced to write my posts on notepad in case of certain internet failures, as I can not save everything I write, and I write a good amount. I read your post, do not think I ignored you. I just forgot. I did correct it, however. Your name is stated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am