Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Chaos Spectre
7 posters

New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games

Poll

What New Boards Would You Like To See

[ 1 ]
    New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games I_vote_lcap13%New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 0 ]
    New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games I_vote_lcap0%New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games I_vote_lcap0%New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games I_vote_lcap50%New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 3 ]
    New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games I_vote_lcap37%New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games I_vote_rcap [37%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games Empty New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games

Post by Chaos Spectre Thu May 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Alright, so, I got some ideas being I've seen how the community is around here.

Roleplaying: A lot of the fans of this game seem to like the idea of roleplaying with Dark Souls lore, so I think we should have a dedicated board to it. This could connect to the covenant board being covenants are a kind of roleplay anyways, and it would just add to the depth of the covenant.

Fan Art: There are tons of artists here that make truly amazing art work pertaining to dark souls. The only fan art i ever save anymore is dark souls fan art, because its just generally amazing, funny, and glorious to look at. So I think we should have a section pertaining to fan art. This can be from art, to gifs, to movies, all would be welcome.

From Software Games: I am a huge fan of not just Dark Souls, but From Software as well, and their games are nothing short of amazing. From Armored Core, to Kings Field, to Lost Kingdoms, the Tenchu, From Software just have a knack for new and original ideas. So I think We should have a board connected to them.

Of course, the communities opinion is more important that just one persons, so I put up a poll. Let the forums know what you want.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games Empty Re: New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 17, 2012 7:33 pm

I voted for role-playing though I also like fanart. I probably like fanfics more so but, oh well...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games Empty Re: New Board Ideas: Roleplaying, Fan Art, and From Software Games

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 17, 2012 7:38 pm

I'm voting no, not because they aren't good ideas, but there doesn't really need to be a whole section for them, especially since Fex and co have said before they wanna keep board numbers to a minimum.

I think just creating dedicated, perhaps stickied threads would be enough for those sections, as the demand for them isn't as great as subsections like PvP or the archives.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 17, 2012 8:05 pm

I think we get enough rp done in the covenants. There is a fan art page on the wiki that needs more content.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Thu May 17, 2012 8:32 pm

DoughGuy wrote:I think we get enough rp done in the covenants. There is a fan art page on the wiki that needs more content.

There is? I've never seen it before lol.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu May 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I'm voting no, not because they aren't good ideas, but there doesn't really need to be a whole section for them, especially since Fex and co have said before they wanna keep board numbers to a minimum.

I think just creating dedicated, perhaps stickied threads would be enough for those sections, as the demand for them isn't as great as subsections like PvP or the archives.

^I agree with Serious. Stickied posts dedicated to a certain aspect should be enough.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 17, 2012 9:38 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Fan+Art
    As you can see it needs some work. The mods also want to keep stickies to a minimum, so i dont know how that would go.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Thu May 17, 2012 9:48 pm

I can see what you all are saying. Just thought I'd post some ideas lol
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu May 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Eople wanted a Player Build Forum Area, possibly a subsection of PvP... We found an alternative
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 18, 2012 2:49 pm

You could also find a roleplay forum and just link people to it and just do so there. Though finding one of those that isn't utter garbage is really difficult...Not that I know anything about roleplaying or anything...I'm a tough guy who eats jerky and punches pigs so he can eat them alive...I don't roleplay as Orcs or anything dainty like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm