Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
inksoldier
Blade Fetish
FinPeku
kramage
Ghadis_God
Dr. Demento
Forum Pirate
GrEeNgObLiN
kazumoshi
About8547Souls
User
Phoenix Rising
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
cloudyeki
reim0027
RANT
DoughGuy
Tolvo
Juutas
Dark Souls PRO
TehInfamousAmos
DarkW17
roanispe
27 posters

An Introduction to Dark Souls PvP v0.8

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

An Introduction to Dark Souls PvP v0.8 - Page 4 Empty Re: An Introduction to Dark Souls PvP v0.8

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Despite knowing the vast majority of the information you post here, I have been following it anyways. Its good work.

Though I understand why you recommended what you did to aspiring pyros, I would like to point out that with a geared pyro a gcfb+gc combo, because the stun trapps them in the lava, will deal 1700+ damage if none of it is counter damage. it is a somewhat easier, if more limited, combo to land up close that could be used to build to the fireball/whip/gc combo, instead of trying to learn the more difficult combo right off.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

An Introduction to Dark Souls PvP v0.8 - Page 4 Empty Re: An Introduction to Dark Souls PvP v0.8

Post by roanispe Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 am

Made an update, and included the long promised bows. I'll fix up some errors here, and there over the next few days. I'll have it all finished in some point in February, and I've put it off for too long. All that is left are Miracles, and Magic. I was thinking about doing something for the Arena, but I feel that is not something I should recommend to a new player. I might add some information on a few of the finer points of build making, such as when you should put some focus on Defence over only Poise, RoFaP + Alt. Ring versus Havel's + Alt, Ring, what are the go-to menuswap items, and discussing when best to use the Wolf Ring.

Other than that, I agree with Forum Pirate's advice about an alternate, easier combo. If any pyromancers are having trouble with the more difficult one, you should do what he is saying, as it can be similarly effective against many players.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:24 am

Nice to see you're still working on this roan, and the Berserk references get me every time, totally awesome.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:41 am

Haha, it's almost 20,000 words now, it'd be too silly to abandon it. However, I do wonder who this is for sometimes; not like there is a lot of new players these days. I'll get it done no matter, and before the next game at the very least. I had fun making it, anyways.
    h3avym3tal

Post by h3avym3tal Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:51 am

Good info here, though it's relevance is dependent on made up dueling rules (some of it).

Being still green in pvp (I've lost more than I won), I've been watching alot of videos lately, and its seems that exploiting lag is still being done. It seems that it's cheap to fish bs, but now I see lots of chicken wing flipping during fights - and it is ridiculous. Going back and forth,  maybe using poise to take a hit, all the while flipping incessantly with your shield to try and parry. 

Is this how it is done in 'official' and 'pro' duels?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Those are probably old videos. The dwgr is a lot less popular now.

Not so much, nut it depends on a large number of things. A spear can do exactly that and be devastating, a zweihander cannot.

Fights are won and lost in spacing and timing, and constant rolling isn't especially good for either unless your weapon is longer and faster than your opponents
    flyingtiger

Post by flyingtiger Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:23 am

roanispe wrote:Haha, it's almost 20,000 words now, it'd be too silly to abandon it. However, I do wonder who this is for sometimes; not like there is a lot of new players these days. I'll get it done no matter, and before the next game at the very least. I had fun making it, anyways.
    Not at all roanispe happy, i'm a new player and your guide has been very helpfull to me. Thank you very much!

The game is a blast, wish i had bought it earlier when it came out (i'm sure i'll with Dark Souls 2 ^^). Currently I'm building a lvl 100 dex-faith character and really want to hear veterans's thought about the use of miracles which i find a bit hard to combine and make the most use of them. So i hope you can continue your good work (if you have time of course).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am