Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
mr.lucaslion1000
DoughGuy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
Tolvo
9 posters

Dark Souls Photo Album

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Dark Souls Photo Album Empty Dark Souls Photo Album

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:50 am

Dark Souls Photo Album

So I posted this before in another part of the forum, but there really wasn't much interest. So I thought I'd give the Archives a try, because people might find a bit more use for these sorts of things here.

http://photobucket.com/darksoulslore

For those who are interested as well, Skare has been taking his own photos, so far he has some great shots of the hunters in the forest, as well as the NPC's there and some general things.

So, with my handy dandy Ipod camera I've been taking photos over time. NPC's, Enemies, some bosses, Areas, and general lore things. If I don't have a photo of it and I feel like I should, I take a snap shot of it. Now, for the coming album link note, if the image isn't titled that means I haven't edited it yet. So before editing, they don't look that good. Now then here are a few examples of things I've been doing.

Cosplay Costumes-I've been doing these so that people can get an idea of what certain cosplays look like, as well these double as images of NPC's.
    Spoiler:

Enemies-I've been getting as close as possible, trying to get images of every single enemy in game possible. Here is an example of Jimmy. As well a hollow, and a BP Stone Knight.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Settings-I've been snapping photos of many different areas in game, some turn out to be fairly pretty. Here are some good examples.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Things of Interest-These are things mostly relating to Lore, but sometimes Mechanics. Such as this image of a Basilisk's belly, which has symbols similar to those found on Domhall, and the Crystal Knight's armor. As well an image of a cursed player in the Depths.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Players-I'm taking pictures of players, that's right. I can get images of your toon for you, free of charge. Or I can don armor and try to mimic your toon for a bit more of a clear shot to mimic it. Here is an example of Doughguy, and then something I managed with the menu of my knight toon.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Emoticons-Admittidly something I'm not doing very well right now, but hey I'm messing around! Some enemies and NPC's have very emotional poses and gestures, and I've been catching them in these moments to try and create my own little Emoticons.
    Dark Souls Photo Album Neutral
    Dark Souls Photo Album Sorrow

In Game Art-Images of artwork, carvings, statues, etc. Things that are forms of art within the game world.
    Spoiler:

NPC's-Of course in my travels I've been getting some nice pics of the NPC's that inhabit the game world.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Of course I can also make avatars out of any of these images, not to mention I'd be fine with them being used on the wiki or around the forum when images are wanted. Such as if you wish to explain that something looks a certain way, sure go ahead and link it. I'm just trying to help out with these, and every day I'm adding more and more.

I will take requests, just understand some things are more difficult than others. For example, getting pictures of Gwyn is possible, but I will definitely need assistance.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/75328551@N03/

Last edited by Tolvo on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Dark Souls Photo Album Empty Re: Dark Souls Photo Album

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:12 am

Good work Tolvo. That explains where I saw some of the wheat symbolism. I'd be willing to add pics if you needed help with anything. My phone can take pretty good stills. Also, Dough is copying everything but my weapon......
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:17 am

Got some pretty pics there T.

Also, I can't imagine all the work that's gone into this. I'm impressed, and glad to see that you've gotten back into DkS.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:19 am

Thank you, and if you have some good pics too Skare just link me to your album, I'll put it in the main post as well. Mainly I want there to be a wealth of pictures for people to use in relation to the game, because until the PC version comes along we won't have that many screenshots.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:26 am

I don't have too many currently but it's easy enough to get them to help you fill in blanks. Feel free to add any of the things I've added to Youtube for lore purposes (invisible statue, UFO near gargoyle tower, etc.) or I can scour for pics I know I put up here (I use a dummy facebook and internet explorer to post pics on the forum so I can't link to an album per se).
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:30 am

Ah, alright then. Well the videos might be better suited to the videos thread haha.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:41 am

Isn't that in general though? Might not attract the same group. Which is not to say "ADD MY VIDEOS TOLVO!" More like, "meh.....no need to specifically add them there either."
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:50 am

I'll think about it, I'll have to look through some of them more and see which ones could really help out.

Also I've gone insane, Anor Londo. While taking some pics there for Dough I've noticed the numbers. Three, and four. EVERYWHERE. For example, the windows in the church. Four columns, inside each of them two flowers with four petals, one with three. Inside of each column are three dividers. Two columns in each are part of a larger column, which there are two of. The feature three main dividers, and at the top have a flower with four petals. Inside two are three petal flowers, and inside the other two are four flower petals. Resting on them is another larger petal, like a column. It has one massive flowers in it, this four petals. Each of these petals has three petals within it. In between them are three petal flowers, and just above this design are three petal flowers. To the sides of the design are four petal flowers. THESE ARE EVERYWHERE. Anor Londo is full of these strange number symbolism, I think I'm going insane. I'll have pics up some time today.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:54 am

In each window split down the middle, on each side there are four carvings of the baby/bread, furnace, and maiden. I'm going to rip my head off.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:07 pm

3 - Three

The most positive number in symbolism, in Christian thought, it has a central importance as the doctrine of the Trinity, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
    [1:05:26 AM] Adam "The DoughGuy": 4 - Four

Four is the number of square; the four elements, earth, fire, water and air, the four points of the compass, North, South, East and West; the four seasons, the four phases of the moon (new, half-moon waxing, full, half-moon waning). Number 4 is associated with the Earth and with completeness.

In Medieval Europe human nature was characterrized by the four humours, phlegmatic, sanguine, choleric and melancholic.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:09 pm

http://www.greatdreams.com/three/three.htm
    mr.lucaslion1000
    mr.lucaslion1000
    Casual
    Casual

Post by mr.lucaslion1000 Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:27 pm

i think that this is awesome,this must have taken you a long time Mr.Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Yes it has, a few hours every day I pretty much spend taking pictures, then another few sending them over and uploading, then usually a few minutes each editing them.

I also just updated with Anor Londo photos, mostly I was trying to get images of anything with number relations. The quality isn't too much of a worry at the moment, more so just for conversation sake.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Well Skare, I might be trying to add some videos myself, Catacombs and Anor Londo photos incoming Tonight. Interesting note, the Necromancers where a Robe extremely similar to Pinwheel. Here is a video showing this, and a few others things. Such as how I get my shots haha! I'll never reveal the full secret though.

https://youtu.be/UuXp33u8wQc
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:56 pm

I know how you do it. You dress like Brokewilly and confuse them
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:01 pm

We're both Murakumo users, it would do no good to disguise as him!

It's like having Abraham Lincoln dress like a guy who wears a tall hat and black suit.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Yeah but three whole setup in that vid looked like him. He ran with a spear a good deal too. Although I didn't look too closely to see if you use the same mask but overall you looked like Broke.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:08 pm

That's just my set up for the Catacombs, this toon is actually a DMB Murakumo/Zweihander SLB build. None survive the ripostes. I actually have another short video coming up, as well wait for the surge of pictures. I'm debating messaging Emergence about a sticky. Does this seem sticky worthy? I mean, if I get an image of everything in game, maybe.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:18 pm

I would say once it gets bigger definitely. Gonna complete my duel toon for the rebellion. That means a Dark Souls night or two. Let me know if there's an area you want to freelance out and I can work on it for ya. Not sure I can get enemies to play along but other things for sure. Can pm me a list if you are interested in help
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:20 pm

The Forest Hunters would be a great one to get done, my lighting is a bit weird with them and I can just never adjust it properly, as well on this toon I'm doing this with, I can't become a hunter and getting close to them is dangerous as hell on this NG.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:23 pm

You got it. should be no problem. Fog ring guys might be tough
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:13 pm

The Catacombs is finished, picture taking wise. I just have to upload them, which I'm working on now. My god is it tedious!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm currently uploading 157 photos, by the time anyone reads this they should be in the Album, and I should be dead from the amount of clicking I've had to do. I'm going to go watch Eddie Murphy's latest film, because nothing can be worse than what I just went through. NOT EVEN CURRENT EDDIE MURPHY, the Thousand Words movie. Which has literally a Zero from every critic and person that has reviewed it. It shall be heaven in comparison.

Here is the link to the Album again, in case some people just aren't paying enough attention.

http://photobucket.com/darksoulslore
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Just saw a movie with Charlie Murphy. I would go that route
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:13 pm

The Album is nearing Five Hundred Photos, and I have only done like four of the zones. I'll go hollow by the end of this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:57 am