Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
Jansports
_xXAchillesXx_
DarkW17
Kirk-Barb
JK Platin
dr_calamitus
je5ta
Redemption009
Wilkinson3424
Serious_Much
LordRevan
Jovias-86
Artorias The Abyss Walker
reim0027
Zodiaxel
RagingDragon_69
twilightwarwolf
Hoshizoku
Artificerprodigy
loklopez
Darksomething56
biotheimpaler
Chaos Spectre
cloudyeki
Rin
robsthedon
MediocritasAurea
BackwardsBaboon
Cidek
Sintinerus
RaynexFall
ROOSTER330
White Knight Wulf
Servant of Priscilla
dancash1808
The_Flail
Federally
Yukon
JoeBroski09
Ahhotep1
Shkar
billy_bayonet
Seth Winternight
whitechikz11
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
mrbeckham87
SunlightCrusader
WyrmHero
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
55 posters

The God of War's Legacy: Nito's Counterattack

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The God of War's Legacy: Nito's Counterattack - Page 19 Empty Re: The God of War's Legacy: Nito's Counterattack

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:35 am

reim0027 wrote:What would you suggest? How could we have a war where everyone stayed true to their covenants, keep the scoring fair, and have a good chance of fighting each other?

Dough did the terrible mistake to allow Gravesworn to score points for killing hosts. Also the scoring system is not balanced. Gravelords should be getting more points for SoVs because they're so rare. And killing covenant members should not be the same as killing a random. Either way, with amos scoring so much in every war there's really nothing much to do except being dishonest or retreat with honor. Even with triple points for invaders killed, spur got +500 points while everyone else got <100, again it's just silly.
    reim0027
    reim0027

The God of War's Legacy: Nito's Counterattack - Page 19 Empty Re: The God of War's Legacy: Nito's Counterattack

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:39 am

Yeah, we know where it breaks down. But, how would you fix it?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:42 am

I like the new time restricted suggestion. Though perhaps next time we have a war we can set it in the new DLC content where we can set the SL for what ever area we want to fight in and then fully restrict ourselves to whatever our respective user covenants do.

As tou suggest Wyrm I have only been gravelording since you called me on it. Im not doing as well as invasions but I am getting one SoV every few minutes. And I PM all of my invaders asking them to please comeback so we can duel.

I have a new arch nemesis for the Archives now! He is damn good as well.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:43 am

End score for me is 60. Not bad for my first war. Next time I'll remember to make a real DW toon lol.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

The God of War's Legacy: Nito's Counterattack - Page 19 Empty Possible war fixes! READ LOL!

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:46 am

ROOSTER330 wrote:Here was my idea and some brief explination. Feel free to tear it apart, but have an open mind please

Problem i see with our current system is 1 player with more free time can outscore five players of an opposing side and thus win. And our ratio of fighting actual war enemies and not randoms sucks.

So, we set up say 3 time periods for the war instead if one 48 hour thing. So for example, 4pm, 8pm and 12am (example times). Just make it so everyone in diff time zones can attend at least one event. Make each event last 2 hours. I know, toooo short, well the shorter the time, the more forum members on at the same time. Period.

Then we do one of two things. 1, only fights against forum members give points. More condensed times, more forum on forum action, more accurate scoring. Raises problem tho, how often will we get points because how often will we see opposing forum members. More often than before for sure, think its worth a shot at least.

Also have another idea. Again, complicated, but more accurate, and my opinion more fun.
    Each cov starts a chat or uses forum chat day before fight. Those that will be at fight are listed, #1 #2 so on . So say its 10 in one cov and 8 in the other. Everyone fights their corrosoonding number via RSS. The last two for the side with 8 would have to fight 2v1 fights. Every kill is 1 point. Then the amount of participants and the teams skill would determine winner.

Could even forgo the set times, use the # system almost tournament style, give everyone a week to plan your match w your opponent and at end tally points, have a battle winner. Do this every week for 4 weeks, with different # orders (so diff people that can or cant make certain weeks can participate) after the 4 battles spanning a month, have a clear winner.
    With the numbers, the civ leader determines the # lists, so strategy is involved too..do you place your best at top, to fight enemies best fighters, or at bottom to try to win the 2v1s?

Again, ideas, because I love the covenant stuff, the war ideas, but the system just doesnt work very well to me. I think a change, try something totally diff, see how it goes, tweak here and there, could be much better

Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 am

I ended at a meager 56(assuming the phantom helpers only had to be present to count not that I had to kill them before the host)
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:50 am

Srry for the 3rd post, which is actually the 5th after suggesting it on another thread, but I think it can be done and would make it Fun because we are fighting each other, not just randoms, and also keeps a far more accurate score, keeping people happy about fairness.

Its tough to fit the lore in because the real cov's were not meant to "war" like we have done here. I think my idea is the best answer, the best option, because it NEEDS to be changed. Why not try this
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:50 am

Of you want me to only count my Gravelording points Wyrm just tell me. Of my 379 ish about 86 of those are GL points.
    Darksomething56
    Darksomething56
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Darksomething56 Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:52 am

Mine was 79, hardly not much people summoning me
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:52 am

Ok I'll blame my crappy network and being in NA gives me the least number of worldwide players after 9:00 pm. That's why I have a ridiculous "low" score.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:54 am

LOL that and people got scared off by that yellow turban you always wear!silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:56 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I like the new time restricted suggestion. Though perhaps next time we have a war we can set it in the new DLC content where we can set the SL for what ever area we want to fight in and then fully restrict ourselves to whatever our respective user covenants do.

As tou suggest Wyrm I have only been gravelording since you called me on it. Im not doing as well as invasions but I am getting one SoV every few minutes. And I PM all of my invaders asking them to please comeback so we can duel.

I have a new arch nemesis for the Archives now! He is damn good as well.
    Who?
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:56 am

....any thoughts on war change idea?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:57 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Of you want me to only count my Gravelording points Wyrm just tell me. Of my 379 ish about 86 of those are GL points.

Viral, your score is legit, I'm just saying the GS were not doing their role, and you as leader should order them to GL as well as you too, and forget about scoring easy points.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:59 am

Ain't me. I found a g.scythe rival in rin. big grin scythe jousting FTW
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:02 am

ROOSTER330 wrote:....any thoughts on war change idea?

I don't have head for this now roos but it seems complicated.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:08 am

WyrmHero wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:Of you want me to only count my Gravelording points Wyrm just tell me. Of my 379 ish about 86 of those are GL points.

Viral, your score is legit, I'm just saying the GS were not doing their role, and you as leader should order them to GL as well as you too, and forget about scoring easy points.

NAh but you make a valid point. If you include all of my Red Phantoms who invaded me, because they are as much a Gravelords enemy as they are a Co Opers enemy, then I still have a respectable score of 133. Im cool with that. Gimme a few more hours and Ill crack 250!
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:13 am

WyrmHero wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:....any thoughts on war change idea?

I don't have head for this now roos but it seems complicated.

Its not that complicated, even so, seems alot of people agree that something needs changed, to me the point system we have now constantly being debated and changed and diff covs getting points for diff things and how to keep it all fair- thats complicated.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:15 am

Some people are more about the fun, some are more about the competition, I think my idea facilitates both better than what we are doing now.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:28 am

Agreed. I think it is bother competitive and fun because you pick your time, and your enemies pick thiers, and in that time trial run you try to score as much as you can.

Competitive players would love that aspect because they are pushing themselves to get as many points in 6 hours as possible while player looking for fun can sit down and have some duels or invasions and not have to worry about being present the whole time.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:29 am

I'd be happy with that. I prefer being able to take a break and not lose out on majors amounts of points.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:30 am

Agreed. Next War in Oolacile?
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:35 am

Not saying Im the Mr fix-it and my idea is flawless, but I really believe we should at least try it.

I really like it, but If not the # system, at least try the 3 set times, all being 2 hours long, and only forum members deaths generates points. Knights can co-op, invade GL s and get vaded by dw's.

We need a change, in my opinion, this is a good idea, but i need support from you guys, dough, viral, fed, wyrm, chaos, give it a try at least. It cant hurt to try. I dont even have to run anything, not trying to take anything over etc, just think this can really improve what we are doing
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:35 am

Yeeeees. But it should be an Oolacile Formal. Everyone dress classy and then we all do the trident.
    Darksomething56
    Darksomething56
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Darksomething56 Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:35 am

hmm that sounds fun to have a war in oolacile and very interesting but really shouldnt since its DLC and probaly not everyone is going to get it
    '

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 am