Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
bloodpixel
Ghadis_God
sinisterapathy
BartholomewWenceslas
Rin
PaPaSmVrf
Emergence
Slarg232
Noob-of-Artorias
Reaperfan
Forum Pirate
skarekrow13
Bcc17
Jester's Tears
TehInfamousAmos
ViralEnsign_
Serious_Much
joeclone
22 posters

Can someone recommend a show or anime or something?

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Can someone recommend a show or anime or something?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someone recommend a show or anime or something?

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:19 am

It's not on netflix but I recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. It's a good mystery anime that contrasts happy school-life friendship and anime tropes with psychosis and brutal killing.

Also, Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica. It takes a couple of episodes to get good, but it's one of the best things I've ever seen, even if it does rip off Berserk and the aforementioned Higurashi.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Can someone recommend a show or anime or something?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someone recommend a show or anime or something?

Post by PaPaSmVrf Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Im glad I'm not the only one into Higurashi, its weird but a really good anime.
    joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by joeclone Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:30 pm

BartholomewWenceslas wrote:require watching a few episodes being completely confused before you start to understand them, and then they become amazing.

yeah those are the only anime that apply to ever. tongue

bacanno really dosent look like my type of thing but i will give it a watch happy
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:45 pm

How about The Mighty Boosh? Weird and funny
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:02 pm

BartholomewWenceslas wrote:Fullmetal Alchemist (brotherhood is probably better than the normal series)

Be glad you included the word "probably," otherwise things might have gotten serious down in here lol!
    joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by joeclone Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:20 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    BartholomewWenceslas wrote:Fullmetal Alchemist (brotherhood is probably better than the normal series)

Be glad you included the word "probably," otherwise things might have gotten serious down in here lol!

uh oh we got a anime bad *** over here

that's all i could think when i heard that.

no offence would make more sense if i could figure out how to post the pic
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:53 am

joeclone wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:

uh oh we got a anime bad *** over here

that's all i could think when i heard that.

no offence would make more sense if i could figure out how to post the pic

I uh, don't really see how "badass" fits into the situation.
    Oh yeah you can post pictures by using the insert image button.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:14 am

fma is on the same list as dragon ball gt, the bleach filler, and twilight in my book. (ie in my opinion) I really can't recommend it. fmab is how things actually happened and its way better. the other one blows harder than katrina.
    joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by joeclone Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:24 am

Forum Pirate wrote:fma is on the same list as dragon ball gt, the bleach filler, and twilight in my book. (ie in my opinion) I really can't recommend it. fmab is how things actually happened and its way better. the other one blows harder than katrina.

that katrina line was awesome.

i tried watching bacanno....i feel like if i do it will ruin anime for me
    :/
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:32 am

Somebody said Samurai Champloo earlier.....its good. I cant take the kiddie highschool-ish anime so I will onlu watch a select few that are dark/adult enough for me. Samurai Champloo is one of the few thats not super dark etc that I really liked. On netflix.

Also Ergo Proxy... its a little slow, but the story is intriguing and its real dark. No crazy facial expressions either lol
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:28 am

Forum Pirate wrote:fma is on the same list as dragon ball gt, the bleach filler, and twilight in my book. (ie in my opinion) I really can't recommend it. fmab is how things actually happened and its way better. the other one blows harder than katrina.

You sir...are incorrect. Yes, your opinions are incorrect tongue
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:16 am

I never really liked any of the FMAs but I have to say FMAB stuck closer to the original.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:11 am

bloodpixel wrote:I never really liked any of the FMAs but I have to say FMAB stuck closer to the original.

Just because it sticks more to the original doesn't necessarily make it automatically better winking
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:16 am

Not my opinions as I'm not a big fan of anime (don't kill me! :affraid:) but this is an apropos video.

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:22 am

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Myazake. Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Nausicca, Spirited Away. Wonderful stuff. Of course none of them feature scantily clad females, so maybe they wouldn't be of interest but for me they're the best.

Also check out Takeshi Kitano's films like Hannah Bi, Zatoichi, Kikujiro. The man is an artist, the master of inscrutability.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:17 am

Spirited Away is amazing. I'll second that one for sure Slake. As well as Zatoichi. Haven't seen the rest.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:23 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Spirited Away is amazing. I'll second that one for sure Slake. As well as Zatoichi. Haven't seen the rest.

A man of taste, hooray. Do yourself a favour skare and check the rest out when you get a chance.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Howls moving castle is probably my favorite movie, but he said show, so I figured he wanted something that would take longer to get through.
    Isaren
    Isaren

Post by Isaren Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:04 am

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan: ..for obvious reasons.
    Golden Boy: T&A for the lolz
    Rin- Daughters of Mnemosyne: Random 6 ep. show. Loved this one for some reason.
    Cowboy Bebop: Older yet still amazing.
    Vampire Hunter D: In case you're one of the few who haven't seen it.
    Claymore: DBZ-esque and a lil slow to start but very good.
    Code Geass: The animation is hard to get behind but over-all story is fabulous.
    Deadman Wonderland: New. Awesome. What else can I say?

Also, you can never go wrong with a Miyazaki movie. <3

Other misc if you wanna try em:
    Deathnote
    Witchblade
    Darker Than Black
    Sword of the Stranger (movie)
    Ergo Proxy
    Hellsing
    Lain

Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:45 am

making a build based on invisible weapons i need a character from a game/movie/anime/manga to base it on, any suggestions?
    Isaren
    Isaren

Post by Isaren Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:56 am

Elfen Lied mebbe? Only thing I can think of with invisible weapons other than Psylocke's energy blades or Creed Diskenth's weapon from Black Cat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:28 am