Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
RNsunbro
new deal
Ghadis_God
passivefamiliar
Chaos Spectre
iGBx
befowler
ZikoLogiKa NL
BLA1NE
Federally
Eolan
Heroez Blade
PaPaSmVrf
fujiphoenix
18 posters

Egg head attack

fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Egg head attack Empty Egg head attack

Post by fujiphoenix Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:25 am

The wiki says that if you are in the chaos servant covenant, you can use the maggot attack to infect other players. Can anyone confirm this? Because if its true, I know what build I'm making next. twisted
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Egg head attack Empty Re: Egg head attack

Post by PaPaSmVrf Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:32 am

With the egg head + chaos cov. you can infect players in pvp with the kick attack, which turns into the magget attack that infected you, its very fun twisted
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:11 am

Does it do the animation of it latching on to their head?
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:34 am

I never knew you could infect other people with the egg head. I might have to try it just to see the reaction of some people. Its a good thing the egg head does not hurt you like the mimic helmet.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:36 am

It also consumes aouls and grows becoming stronger....
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:54 am

fujiphoenix wrote:The wiki says that if you are in the chaos servant covenant, you can use the maggot attack to infect other players. Can anyone confirm this? Because if its true, I know what build I'm making next. twisted

It was put in the wiki after extensive testing. Several infections were confirmed. It is suspected increasing in covenant rank increases chance of infection, though that is more difficult to confirm.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:05 am

Someone should create a user-covenant for this--the Unmaskers Clan! Mass invade with the egg-head, infect everyone you see wearing a family mask, so they can't wear it anymore!

Hurrah
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:44 am

For maximum chance of infection , I'd recommend to be a +3 Chaos Servant with your egghead character at all times. Make sure to buy 198 Cracked Red Eye Orbs every time you join the Darkwraiths considering you loose a rank in the Servants when you switch.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:17 am

Yes, you can infect people, no it doesn't latch onto them, just bites them. I have been running a chaos servant egghead for a while (all fire weapons and fire buffs, pyros etc) and it is really fun. Unfortunately, the bite is a bit slower than a kick and also doesn't stagger quite as well so you need to really learn when to use it or it's an almost automatic backstab. On the plus side, the hatemail you get when you pop someone's MoF off when they're fighting someone else and they go from flipping to fatrolling is worth all the effort. If only everyone didn't have 99 vermifuges.

Also, I suspect but still haven't been able to verify that you can still infect someone if they block the bite with a shield that has less than 100% damage block (i.e., grass crest). If true, that makes it a lot easier to infect. If anyone is interested in testing this, let me know, my egghead is sl 55.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:22 am

I can help you test with my 55 DarkStalker, not today though but later this week maybe this weekend.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:44 am

Cool, pm me your ID in case I don't have it already (I'm on PSN, probably should have specified that).

For those thinking about trying an egghead, I personally found it more effective to do most of my infecting by coop and biting invaders, not by invading. You can do pretty well if you unlock and bite people circling you for backstabs, but if you have multiple opponents it is usually a bad ending. Conversely, if I have multiple allies they can distract my victim so I can land multiple bites. Plus most of the invaders have masks on and are constantly invading so they don't realize they've been infected until they're in the middle of invading someone else and may not have a cure with them.
    iGBx
    iGBx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by iGBx Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:53 am

befowler wrote:Yes, you can infect people, no it doesn't latch onto them, just bites them. I have been running a chaos servant egghead for a while (all fire weapons and fire buffs, pyros etc) and it is really fun. Unfortunately, the bite is a bit slower than a kick and also doesn't stagger quite as well so you need to really learn when to use it or it's an almost automatic backstab. On the plus side, the hatemail you get when you pop someone's MoF off when they're fighting someone else and they go from flipping to fatrolling is worth all the effort. If only everyone didn't have 99 vermifuges.

Also, I suspect but still haven't been able to verify that you can still infect someone if they block the bite with a shield that has less than 100% damage block (i.e., grass crest). If true, that makes it a lot easier to infect. If anyone is interested in testing this, let me know, my egghead is sl 55.

Hi there. I read the thread earlier with interest. I already had a level 125 that was a chaos servant +3. I got myself infected and consumed 100k of souls to transform the egg into the fully developed version. I asked for a volunteer in a psn chat and he summoned my red sign. I asked him to go naked lol to lower his defence ^^ I attacked him with the kick attack around a hundred times dealing 22 damage each turn. He never got infected or even scratched his head. What's going on. . . 😕
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:02 pm

befowler wrote:Cool, pm me your ID in case I don't have it already (I'm on PSN, probably should have specified that).

For those thinking about trying an egghead, I personally found it more effective to do most of my infecting by coop and biting invaders, not by invading. You can do pretty well if you unlock and bite people circling you for backstabs, but if you have multiple opponents it is usually a bad ending. Conversely, if I have multiple allies they can distract my victim so I can land multiple bites. Plus most of the invaders have masks on and are constantly invading so they don't realize they've been infected until they're in the middle of invading someone else and may not have a cure with them.

Why pm when it's in my Sig? Point Down big grin
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:33 pm

Do you have any way of knowing right off the bat that they were infected?
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:35 pm

I can confirm it infects. I had my covenant run the tests and many came back with confirmed infections.

There is also proof of this being linked to the Chaos Servants. The reason I say this is because two people on the prepare to die forums had tested 50 hits on each other with no infection at all. However, neither were in the chaos servants.

I've also noticed, along with others in my covenant, that the rank increases infection chance. The percentage is unknown, and I don't really plan to look into it till the PC version is out.

Either way, it does infect people, and if your interested in basing a character around infecting others and generally being a poisonous person, check out my covenant and find others like you (like ZikoLogika). Link is in my sig.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:36 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:Do you have any way of knowing right off the bat that they were infected?

If the battle lasts long enough, I actually witnessed a guy scratch his head in mid combat. The animation screwed him over and I ended up killing him cause of it lol.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:27 pm

Haha, sweet. Yes, I'm not sure about reported problems trying to infect people -- perhaps it is harder if you are an invader, for some reason? (I don't invade with my egghead). But I do see plenty of egghead DWs in Anor Londo trying to bite people, presumably not just for giggles. Had a great fight between myself as a white egghead phantom and a red phantom that was truly biterageous.

I really wish I knew all the secrets of the egghead. Does it get significantly powerful/bigger as you feed it souls? Does it have a third stage? I've got like 3+ million coop souls into mine, and haven't seen much change yet, although people assure me it does get bigger. I'm kinda worried coop souls don't count for some reason even though they do split normally with the egg.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Acidic needs to enter this thread, his manner of speach is odd but he knows much of the egg head. In fact I've never seen him not have an egg head. And the two builds of his I've seen definitely had different sized eggs.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:27 am

I know what im doing this weekend. It is a shame that so many probably have 99x vermifues(sp) though. But this still sounds fun. And in this world, fighting and winning usually means either being a mother flipping son of a halve the giant backstab fisher, which i refuse to be part of. OR being unexpected. Carrying to very different weapons can get me a win if i let people get used to my axe then switch to a katana etc etc. This egghead may be another surprise attack to get more wins. Or at least hatemail. Can't wait to see the size change. I never let one fester before so now im curious.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:43 am

size difference about 2x the original size, its amazing imo. I only have the egghead and a loincloth running around with a demon machete lol
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 am

Heroez Blade wrote:I never knew you could infect other people with the egg head. I might have to try it just to see the reaction of some people. Its a good thing the egg head does not hurt you like the mimic helmet.
    I'm pretty sure it makes you weaker to fire.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:16 am

It has seen a lot of growth after it reaches stage 2. Stage 3 is still not found, but we hope it exists.

It does reduce your fire resist, so be careful with that part.

Its damage does not scale with how well its fed as far as I know, but there has been some interesting damage numbers at higher feed, which makes me wonder if that means they get infected, or random criticals exist. The only other thing would be that it looks as if when it gets larger after stage 2, it seems to go down the body a little bit, which is cool looking.

So much more we don't know. Can't wait to eat into those PC files.
    new deal
    new deal
    Casual
    Casual

Post by new deal Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:57 am

can someone post prove of it happening?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:23 am

We already have had multiple threads testing and going over it. It's added to the wiki because we have proof. Instead of making us rehash what's been done search the forum
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:47 am

Does anyone have pictures of the "base" stage 2 head, and the huge one after you feed it a lot? I'm having trouble telling if mine has grown significantly, although that may just be because I've been staring at it for a long time.

Re fire resist, yes you have to watch out for pyromancy and fire weapons, which is ironic for a chaos servant build. But it is manageable with the typical fire resist gear/shields. You will have other handicaps such as no headgear, and the fact that the whole egg seems to count for ranged headwounds (you haven't lived until you've been hit in the egg with a dragon slayer arrow), so this is all about style and sweet infections anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am