Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
cloudyeki
RANT
ublug
OrnsteinBro
Revoltage
Snakii
Spurgun
dancash1808
ThirdeyeIsBack
ICEFANG
KR1T1K4L
WorkInProgressSi
The_Flail
Uriseph
Anonymous Proxy
Wisp
Ser Isaac
Pesth
Juutas
ViralEnsign_
Wade_Wilson
SEANB240
27 posters

DLC Details, Descriptions and Lore (SPOILERS)

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

DLC Details, Descriptions and Lore (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Empty Re: DLC Details, Descriptions and Lore (SPOILERS)

Post by ublug Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:24 am

That's one of her responses. Dusk has a few new lines, not sure about the others.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

DLC Details, Descriptions and Lore (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Empty Re: DLC Details, Descriptions and Lore (SPOILERS)

Post by RANT Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:42 pm

can you upgrade the stone axe+15 or just +5?
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm pretty sure its normal upgrade path, just like the pitchfork.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 pm

ICEFANG wrote:I'm pretty sure its normal upgrade path, just like the pitchfork.

can you check to make sure dude? cause im doing my new dragon build around it and i dont wanna end up with a weaker version of the dga.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Did you also notice that its H2R2 is the same pound into the ground and then lift explosion the normal stone guys do? I noticed you watching my stream so I wanted to show you that.

Oh well the Pitchfork does upgrade normally, but the Ax is Twinkling titanite.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:26 pm

damn, that kinda sucks and i didnt see it, i was on my phone and i was having problems with my network, poo.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:27 pm

so far that's the only new str weapon i know of, are there gonna be any more? cause if its just one its kinda lame.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Actually they added very few weapons, and even less non-unique weapons, so I think it may be the only one.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:35 pm

yeah, though so, lame. no love for str builds again. damn you from!
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:58 pm

RantFromRant wrote:yeah, though so, lame. no love for str builds again. damn you from!

Oi! They added invincibility frames to strength weapons, that's got to count for something!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:59 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:yeah, though so, lame. no love for str builds again. damn you from!

Oi! They added invincibility frames to strength weapons, that's got to count for something!

i know about tha hyper armor and changes which are awesome btw but i wanted new weapons, at least 3 damnit!!!
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:02 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:

i know about tha hyper armor and changes which are awesome btw but i wanted new weapons, at least 3 damnit!!!

In From's defence, they've worked hard to balance out the new weapons added so people who pay extra don't have an unfair advantage over others. Having too many weapons would make that job impossible.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:04 pm

I got a spoiler for ya, lore-wise.

Spoiler:
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 pm

yeah I did that summon, was a lot like Solaire, but I love him more <3 <3 <3
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:15 pm

"the oolicile tragedy"

now theres a name you can sell

time to sum up what i have learned from this and other threads in terms of main storyline (plus a bit of hearsay for good mesure). in cronological order

Spoiler:
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Just remembered a cool small detail from the dlc.
    The small bridge in the woods where you first see the black dragon: if you stand still right in front of it, without crossing over, a stone guardian will walk up to the edge of the cliff on the other side. He'll lift up his left hand, to shield his eyes from the sun, then looks around before spotting you and then jumps down.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 am

They giants up there do it all the time. So if you attack them while they're watching looking around they wont react before the animation is complete.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:06 am

Fun fact.
    Artorias armor gives exactly 77 poise when you use the wolf ring. Coincidence?
    mohabbat2010

Post by mohabbat2010 Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:31 pm

hello guys, this is my post in the forum. also my first time playing dark souls. XD enjoying every bit of it. now i don't see anyone saying anything about alvina in the new dlc. im pretty sure i have seen her , or her illusions. i killed alvina before starting the dlc. and in the charms of abyss there is alvina. and if you chase her she vanishes and appears some place else. like she is luring me into something.pls someone figure out this. cant w8 to see what alvina has to offer.
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Spurgun wrote:Fun fact.
    Artorias armor gives exactly 77 poise when you use the wolf ring. Coincidence?

She leads you to sif
    Kwazi

Post by Kwazi Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 pm

This isn't too important but after watching a ENB video and him saying stuff about Artorias not being a human and losing against the Abyss it made me think.

If Artorias was a human, he probably would have prevailed against the humanities in the abyss and wouldn't have been corrupted by "humanity" so to speak. To reach out for a bit, this quote by Darkseid in this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE5RXhPwlKc and what he says about humans killing their own to win battles really resonated at how you, an undead, could do what Artorias could not.

The whole story I feel sort of reflects this, how you as a player take what you want and with Kaathe, take the age for your own. Many NPCs when attacked/killed say stuff about humanity, what Ciaran says especially: "You humans always take what you please". I'm sure Manus took or tried to take what he wanted: everything. Also the game reflects on the selfishness as well, people invading others for souls and other benefits.

Speaking of Manus I looked at his name as Man-Us since he has a ton of humanity in his lair and his humanity was driven wild probably because of all those humanities inside of his body. I think as the first man when he awoke his pendant was tampered with/stolen and as a result the humanities of those who woke him were driven wild (because he didn't have the pendant to control the effects) driving him mad and mutating those around him. His influence spread so the sorcerers slowly started going mad (discovering Abyss sorceries in the process probably with their humanities going crazy) and the humanities probably rapidly mutating + multiplying creating the humanity phantoms of all sizes and twin humanities.

There's probably a bunch of holes in this but it's a bit of musing thanks to ENB.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm