Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

New player, need help with da builds [PC version]

Figgot
    Figgot

New player, need help with da builds [PC version] Empty New player, need help with da builds [PC version]

Post by Figgot Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:32 am

Hey guys i just bought the pc version and i'm having a lot of fun (except for the controller freeze z_z). I'm mainly interested in pvp and since we can't reset our stats i'm starting to work on my final build, i want to play a mage for my first char but since the spells are limited (you need to melee even if you play a mage) i need a backup sword.
    So I'm thinking about running a MLGS build with 44 intelligence so i can use Crystal Soul Spear (is that right?) and then upgrade Vitality/Endurance but i don't know **** about other weapons and armor so ye..
    What do you guys recommend for this build? I'm aiming for 99sl for the arena and maybe people will duel at this sl because of this.
    Thanks in advance !
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

New player, need help with da builds [PC version] Empty Re: New player, need help with da builds [PC version]

Post by LordRevan Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:40 am

Must. Not. Look. At. Avatar... Aargh :affraid:

Why'd you do that to me! :x
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

New player, need help with da builds [PC version] Empty Re: New player, need help with da builds [PC version]

Post by Spurgun Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:54 am

This build will be kind of hard to use if you're new to PvP IMO.
    54 poise to resist one GS attack. 2 CSS "casts" (8 uses) and 2 HCSM "casts (20 uses) you shoulc try to have the HCSM out most of the time, since your opponent will have to dodge them. You can use CSS if your opponent is doing domething that makes him stand in one place, like casting another spell. But you probably wont hit any experianced player with it otherwise. Don't spam the MLGS special attacks, since they're dodgable and punishable.

In my opinion, you should start with a pure dex or strength build, since it's easier to learn of to use those in the beginning.
    Figgot
    Figgot

Post by Figgot Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:44 am

Spurgun wrote:This build will be kind of hard to use if you're new to PvP IMO.
    54 poise to resist one GS attack. 2 CSS "casts" (8 uses) and 2 HCSM "casts (20 uses) you shoulc try to have the HCSM out most of the time, since your opponent will have to dodge them. You can use CSS if your opponent is doing domething that makes him stand in one place, like casting another spell. But you probably wont hit any experianced player with it otherwise. Don't spam the MLGS special attacks, since they're dodgable and punishable.
    In my opinion, you should start with a pure dex or strength build, since it's easier to learn of to use those in the beginning.

Thanks for your answer, i think i will be pretty bored with a melee only build, maybe a pyro-dex build will be good ? I will use your build for this char anyway.

@LordRevan Ahaha, sorry m8 :oops:
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:50 am

Pyro/dex is a pupolar build for a reason.
    If you want to use the fireballs then you'll probably have to learn how to cast them unlocked. They're not neccesary though, so you can just start with great combustion and fire surge. MAybe also tempest.

What weapon do you want to use? Any dex weapon will will work with this build, except for the murakamo, since it needs 28 stength.
    Figgot
    Figgot

Post by Figgot Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:58 pm

Can't find a 99sl pyro dex build, can you please link me one? Also i don't really know about weapons i'd rather have something fun and dynamic than op ^__^
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:17 pm

http://tinyurl.com/8vu877e

IDK I'm not to good at PvP builds, but that would give you max stamina and a decent HP pool. 5 spell slots and near max cast speed from the dex. The armor/weapons are mostly place holders, but with Ring of Favor and Protection you'd be able to use almost any wep/shield and maintain fast roll. Can also reduce DEX in favor of more STR to vastly increase number of weapon options.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Always use +15 weapons over elemental is you have 40 in their scaling stat. You get more damage that way (although elemental weapons have higher critical hits)
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:15 am

Try this build.
    This build is more combat oriented, it only uses the pyro as backup and as a finisher. The GS is kinda OP when you're good with it, but you'll need to practice with it a lot first.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 am